• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
(2012-03-29, 23:35)bobo1on1 Wrote: What happens when you set a background color in the boblight addon, do they light up? If not then there's probably still something wrong with the prefix.

All but those same 8 light up red when i try what you suggested

how do you find the correct prefix....I borrowed that prefix from someone with a similar setup
(2012-03-29, 16:18)bobo1on1 Wrote: I've seen that before, apparently if you use a different program first to open the com port, and then open it with boblightd it works ok, I suspect it's a problem in cygwin.

You were totally right. I've first used Lightpack to open the com-port. When I started boblight it said, that the port is in use, which makes sense. Closing lightpack and starting boblight again and it worked. Also XBMC is successfully connecting. Since I'm working remote on my computer, I can't tell if the lights were on but hey... it finally seems to be working.

@FocalFury, for 128 leds your prefix should give this:
41 64 61 00 7F 2A

To calculate your prefix you can use this Processing sketche:

Code:
int N_LEDS = 128; // Max of 65536

void setup()
{
  byte[] buffer = new byte[6];

noLoop();

// A special header / magic word is expected by the corresponding LED
  // streaming code running on the Arduino.  This only needs to be initialized
  // once because the number of LEDs remains constant:
  buffer[0] = 'A';                                // Magic word
  buffer[1] = 'd';
  buffer[2] = 'a';
  buffer[3] = byte((N_LEDS - 1) >> 8);            // LED count high byte
  buffer[4] = byte((N_LEDS - 1) & 0xff);          // LED count low byte
  buffer[5] = byte(buffer[3] ^ buffer[4] ^ 0x55); // Checksum

print("Prefix for "+N_LEDS+" LEDS: ");
for(byte b : buffer)
   print(" "+hex(b));

exit();
}
cool thanks.
That prefix gets all the lights working....although now when I start the boblightd client they cycle red green blue and then these two lights just stay at this whiteish blue
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1545535/IMG_20120330_115100.jpg

is there some special setting to get boblight to react to the music visualization as well....it doesn't want to work with mine

---edit---
re-looking at page 1 it says that music playback is not supported, although I thought I've seen many youtube videos of such visualizations working with boblight...clarification?
read the first post of what boblight addon can and what not and why ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What you can do for the moment is using boblight-x11 when playing music. Map it to a button of your lirc remote with lircrc calling a script to start / kill boblight-x11 on demand.

I've adjusted my prefix for 108 LED's upon correct counting of my LED's lol
41 64 61 00 6B 3E

my LED's are
32 on top and bottom
22 on sides
giving me 108 LED's
When I give the calculator the custom 32 columns 24 rows
It only gives me 105 LED's in the picture representation
I fiddled with it and got it to give me the proper amount of LED's here
http://sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu/index...40&comb=40

however now the side LED strips are shifted up to high and spilling over on the top LED strip

I took a picture of the back of my TV and lowered the exposure so you can pinpoint each LED
http://www.flickr.com/photos/focalfury/6.../lightbox/
I am positive it is 32 on the top and bottom and 22 on the sides.
I'm just having problems utilizing the calculator right.
Can I get an assist hereHuh
Hi,

i use boblight for years and i love it. now i also use the boblight addon, and i love it to.

But i have still some questions about the boblight.conf settings.

I mostly use boblight at evening in a dark room, so the brightness value is low (about 1.0).

This is ok for dark colours, but for bright colours or even white it is a bit to bright for me.

is the a possibility to reduce the dynamic range from the colour value?
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
Use the adjust value, check http://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/boblightconf
(2012-04-07, 16:28)bobo1on1 Wrote: Use the adjust value, check http://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/boblightconf

i know this adjusstments, But i need an valuerange to make bright colors (white for example) a bit darker.

if i adjust the colors, everything will be darker, this is not my solution.

Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
That's not possible.
(2012-04-07, 03:10)FocalFury Wrote: When I give the calculator the custom 32 columns 24 rows
It only gives me 105 LED's in the picture representation
I fiddled with it and got it to give me the proper amount of LED's here
http://sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu/index...40&comb=40

Calculator cant give You an out of the box correct config, because there are so many levels of customisation. Most hobbiists find "fidling" fun, not a burden.
(Any program/algorithm can only calculate what its been told. And thats not a subject of mind guessing.)

(2012-04-07, 03:10)FocalFury Wrote: however now the side LED strips are shifted up to high and spilling over on the top LED strip

Can You be more specific please! Maybe I can understand You problem better with a picture.
Adalight with Lightpack calculator (with boblight support) http://tvgloria.hu/
Hello everyone,

finally i have build my boblight setup. Containing a Teensy 2.0 board, 48 LEDs (LPD8806 - stripe) and a tiny Gigabyte E-350 Fusion HTPC.
As operating system i'm using an Eden build from Pulseeight (the CEC USB Adapter developers).

I have installed the boblight addon, and configured the boblight.conf, renamed boblight.X11.sample to boblight.X11 and rebooted (many many times). But no LED is lighting up, not in home screen or whilee playing a movie.
The wirering seem s to be fine, because when i connect to the htpc by ssh and send the command e.g. "boblight-constant 0000ff" all LEDs will light up in blue. if i stop boblightd and boblight-X11 and restart both manually with set debug on setting in boblight.conf (the same conf as used by the addon, i could see the sended colorcodes, but they only contain 00 zeros. so it looks like boblight(-X11) couldnt calculate the correct colorcodes.

Do i have forgot something to setup, am i missing something, has someone any good answers or ideas to point me in the right direction to solve this issue.

Thank you for reading and any helping answer
Bye Shirano

Is there some recommended hardware? or can we create a list of successes?

Is this Teensy 2.0 a good board to get? or would I be better off with the Arduino Uno - R3

I feel these Digital addressable LED Strips would be much cleaner then the strands of LED pixels.

Would the Arduino Uno - R3 and the Digital addressable LED Strips be my best bet?
(2012-04-11, 02:04)josephdyland Wrote: Is there some recommended hardware? or can we create a list of successes?

Is this Teensy 2.0 a good board to get? or would I be better off with the Arduino Uno - R3

I feel these Digital addressable LED Strips would be much cleaner then the strands of LED pixels.

Would the Arduino Uno - R3 and the Digital addressable LED Strips be my best bet?
The problem with a strip is that you're fixed to the strip's pixels per inch. With a strand, you can position the LEDs at the distance you want. I'm not sure what you mean with a "strand of LED pixels", because these are also digitally addressable to my knowledge. The most well known is (I think) the one sold by Adafruit with the WS2801 chip integrated.

The UNO will do the job no problem.
I'm not able to compile boblight on my Ubuntu 11.11 64-bit AMD hardware.

I followed the guide in the start post, but after wgetting and configuring boblight and do:
Code:
make

I get this:
Code:
htpc@htpc:/tmp/boblight-read-only$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/boblight-read-only'
Making all in src

/usr/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:1288:10: error: use of enum 'AVMediaType' without previous declaration
/usr/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2668:10: error: use of enum 'AVMediaType' without previous declaration
/usr/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2714:10: error: use of enum 'AVMediaType' without previous declaration
/usr/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3252:60: error: use of enum 'AVMediaType' without previous declaration
/usr/local/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3265:45: error: use of enum 'AVMediaType' without previous declaration
In file included from clients/boblight-v4l/videograbber.h:42:0,
                 from clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp:28:
/usr/local/include/libavformat/avformat.h:813:34: error: use of enum 'AVMediaType' without previous declaration
make[2]: *** [boblight-v4l.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/boblight-read-only/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/boblight-read-only'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anybody knows what's going wrong here?

schumi2004 had the same problem here, but I always like to have the most up to date software. Whats causing this problem?
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3