• 27(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Hey there,

first of all: Thank you for your great work bobo1on1 Smile

I got everythink working with an atmolight controller and boblightd together with this plugin.
But there is one thing I don't get. The color which should be "white" (set as static color) is more blue than white. The "AtmoWin" Software has a "White Balance" Config for this to set the colors that their combination is white.

How can I achieve this with boblightd or the plugin? Is there any way?

Thank you!
Use the adjust setting for the [color] sections http://code.google.com/p/boblight/wiki/boblightconf
Yes, it's very annoying to calibrate it this way, but there's no better way at the moment.
[color]
name red
rgb FF0000
gamma 2.0
adjust 0.65
blacklevel 0.0

[color]
name green
rgb 00FF00
gamma 2.0
adjust 1
blacklevel 0.0

[color]
name blue
rgb 0000FF
gamma 2.1
adjust 0.7
blacklevel 0.0

are calibrated* values for my samsung RGB LED stripes.
*expert hardware calibration

Maybe someone wanna try.
So here is my question. I've read through this thread at least a dozen times over the past two weeks, but I can't find the following answer.
Where do I get boblightd for my mac? Not a link to someones dropbox folder...the actual package, presumably on github? Does it exist?

Effectively I'm trying to deploy the following:
XBMC on windows 7 system;
Adafruit LEDs (50) and an Arduino Uno
boblightd on a mac mini that I dusted off when I realized there's no way to setup boblightd as a service in windows
I made that boblightd thats on dropbox Smile (if that helps in any way)

alternatively build it yourself on osx, same instructions as linux but you'll have to figure out dependancies

(2012-06-26, 17:34)amet Wrote: I made that boblightd thats on dropbox Smile (if that helps in any way)

alternatively build it yourself on osx, same instructions as linux but you'll have to figure out dependancies

I'd use it but the file isn't found when you click that link Smile
(2012-06-26, 18:13)gabryael Wrote:
(2012-06-26, 17:34)amet Wrote: I made that boblightd thats on dropbox Smile (if that helps in any way)

I'd use it but the file isn't found when you click that link Smile

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19359762/boblightd_osx.zip
Is there a way that the LEDs are not turned off when the picture is to dark?
When watching dark movies, the LEDs are often turned on and off which i find is a bit annoying
I want if the picture is black, that the LEDs are a not to bright white.
When lowering the threshold value the LEDs are not turned off, but the color is sometimes a bright blue or red for a almost black area which also doesn't look good.
(2012-06-28, 20:25)zenani Wrote: Is there a way that the LEDs are not turned off when the picture is to dark?
When watching dark movies, the LEDs are often turned on and off which i find is a bit annoying
I want if the picture is black, that the LEDs are a not to bright white.
When lowering the threshold value the LEDs are not turned off, but the color is sometimes a bright blue or red for a almost black area which also doesn't look good.

enter blacklevel 0.004 in config Wink

Sadly Bob didnt follow my suggetion to add a limiter in color range... means at least to forbid values like RGB 010000 mean values smaler than 01 01 01 as they flicker in RGB values on fading to black ...
An adjustable border value would be fine, means maybe 101010 for example.
This would mean that collor is faded only to 101010 and then the next smaler value is 000000 for black. This should prevent the LEDs flicker in RGB values.

In addition, it seems that Bob corrected his color values by default, thanks. The colors matches better now...

@ all
ignore post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1133785 - seems like the stock values fit much better now

@amet

thanks!
Hi,

I read a lot of pages of this thread but not all. I am new in this subject but I try to get my adalight working properly with my xbmc eden on win7.

Unfortunately neither boblight nor lightpack works smoothly (framedrops, stuttering, tearing, etc.)

Mainly I have two issues:

1. I have to activate DXVA / DXVA2 to play HD content smoothly but with boblight also active, I always got many frame drops! This makes watching HD movies impossible. Sad

2. I would like to have my LEDs also running in XBMC menu and in the best case just always (also in windows) but also ignoring black bars in movies!

Is there any fix / workaround / newer software or plugin for these two issues? Especially the first one?

Thank you in advance.
u may try atmowin Wink
Thank you. I found atmowin but I think I do also need a pde file to programm my Arduino controller board.
Can you give me a source for a setup with my Arduino and atmowin?
sorry I cant get atmowin to work properly. I found an old pde file but I need to know the correct settings in the pde file..numled and channelorder have to be set correctly for instance.

or is there any setting in the boblight config or xbmc addon to fix the stuttering in boblight?
hey Bob.

As i understood boblight correct, it is not possible to set the configuration my boblightd parameters?

Means... for examle, i can set saturation, speed ... over the params but i cant provide a complete conf file or?

That would be excellent ...

Mamba is finalizing his Grabber for most of DreamBoxes, and likes to add a config directly via remote to the Enigma 2 rom... now he is able to connect to boblighd on another machine (raspi for example) but he is not able to send the channel data which is fixed in the boblight.conf file...

Maybe a Raspberry Pi as boblightd daemon, which can be loaded with a config and multiple devices can connect on, as well as via mobile devices to control.

Boblightd with the abiliity to load boblight,conf files over API.

=)

What u think abt?
Hi,
Does this extenstion work on raspbmc RC3 ? (XMBC for Raspberry Pi)
I can get the static background light but when I play a movie the lights go out...

Any idea ? Is there a dependency for video playback that is not present in raspbmc ?

(excuse my bad english)
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3