• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
snipah Wrote:Sure! Log is located here as a zip-file: LINK!

boblight-log posts this after resume:

Code:
20:30:08.023513 (InitLog)                        start of log /home/xbmc/.boblight/boblightd.log
20:30:08.023826 (PrintFlags)                     starting /usr/local/bin/boblightd -f
20:30:08.023892 (CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile)    opening /etc/boblight.conf
20:30:08.024477 (CConfig::CheckConfig)           checking config lines
20:30:08.025304 (CConfig::CheckConfig)           config lines valid
20:30:08.025401 (CConfig::BuildConfig)           building config
20:30:08.026640 (CConfig::BuildConfig)           built config successfully
20:30:08.026746 (main)                           starting devices
20:30:08.026909 (CClientsHandler::Process)       opening listening socket on 127.0.0.1:19333
20:30:08.029205 (CDevice::Process)               ambilight: starting with output "/dev/ttyUSB0"
20:30:08.029291 (CDevice::Process)               ambilight: setting up
20:30:08.057270 (CDevice::Process)               ambilight: setup succeeded

Ok i can reproduce the issue ... lets see if i find a fix Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
snipah Wrote:...how do I reconnect the addon to boblightd after s3? When entering s3 I'm killing boblightd and later restart it on resume...but the script doesn't reconnect.

Before I also startet boblight-X11 with the script and that still works, but I want to use your addon after resume...

This will be fixed in version 1.0.1 (should be there the next days...). Though it can be that after resuming there comes an error message saying "can't connect to boblightd", before it gets a successfull connection ... it depends on how fast the boblightd is up and running after sleep.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
...sounds great! Thank you very much!

Btw: Couldn't you implement a switch in addon-config to disable the pop-up-messages? Rolleyes
snipah Wrote:...sounds great! Thank you very much!

Btw: Couldn't you implement a switch in addon-config to disable the pop-up-messages? Rolleyes

yes i could ... so annoying?
Memphiz Wrote:yes i could ... so annoying?

nope... I definitely like the connect-popup and the first sound (I hear a second when the popup disappears), but I think it's always good to have a choice Big Grin
Thanks a lot for this addon. This makes it so much easier to handle and tune the great boblight-script from within XBMC.
Hellz yeah! Finally, I way to tune my Adalight. Will try tonight!
I have some problems getting the addon working properly.

For some reason, during playback, the topleft lights are not running and I also have the feeling that the wrong colors are sent to the other lights. When there is no playback, the constant background light is working correctly (on all leds).

All the lights are properly working when I use boblight-X11 to control them. Therefore boblight.conf is probably correctly configured.

I'm running a nightly build from 4th of november (crystalbuntu distribution). Boblightd is running local and I'm using atmolight as a hardware controller. Here is my xbmc.log

Do you have any suggestions where I could look?

--------------------------
Edit: After updating to a more recent nightly (4 dec 2011) the lights seem to work correct!
Elbert Wrote:I have some problems getting the addon working properly.

For some reason, during playback, the topleft lights are not running and I also have the feeling that the wrong colors are sent to the other lights. When there is no playback, the constant background light is working correctly (on all leds).

All the lights are properly working when I use boblight-X11 to control them. Therefore boblight.conf is probably correctly configured.

I'm running a nightly build from 4th of november (crystalbuntu distribution). Boblightd is running local and I'm using atmolight as a hardware controller. Here is my xbmc.log

Do you have any suggestions where I could look?

--------------------------
Edit: After updating to a more recent nightly (4 dec 2011) the lights seem to work correct!

update to a more recent xbmc nighlty version ... there where issues in the image capture code in older versions...
I've encountered another problem. When i'm running a video that is software decoded (xvid) the lights every now and then stall for a couple of seconds. Pausing the video directly sets the lights correct to the current scene. I do not see this stalling when I'm running a video that uses hardware acceleration (crystalhd-card).

As I am on a relatively low-powered AppleTV1, this makes me think that the addon somehow cannot keep up when it's displaying software decoded stuff.

Please let me know if you need more info.
yeah might be a lack of cpu issue...
Is there a way to set the priority of addons within XBMC? I guess the addon is not much more cpu intensive than boblight-X11, with which I did not see this issue with sf-decoded media.
Elbert Wrote:Is there a way to set the priority of addons within XBMC? I guess the addon is not much more cpu intensive than boblight-X11, with which I did not see this issue with sf-decoded media.

in fact it might be a bit more intensive imho ... but this is something bobo1on1 could have a better knowledge off. You could decrease the speed for a first try...
When this addon runs, XBMC reads back videoframes from the gpu via OpenGL, how well this works is dependent on the gpu and the videodriver.

You can try adding this to advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <useocclusionquery>0</useocclusionquery>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I tried both the 'slow' and 'fast' settings, and added the lines to advancedsettings.xml but they did not make a difference. One thing I noticed though is that I used to run boblight-X11 with the -x setting (-x use XGetImage instead of XRender) to get a good result.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3