Release [RELEASE] ORF Radiothek
ORF Radiothek KODI Addon
=======
This Addon provides access to the ORF Radiothek (Austrian public service broadcaster) Streaming Portal (Live Radio, Podcasts, Archive, ...)

Supported platforms
-------------------
Windows, Linux , Android and OSX

Current Features
----------------
* Livestream
* Broadcast with Cue Tracks
* Highlights, Tags, Archive, Podcasts
* Missed a Show
* Search

Legal
-----
This addon provides access to audiostreams/podcasts on the ORF Radiothek Website but is not endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by ORF.

https://github.com/s0faking/plugin.audio.radiothek
Thanks sofaking for providing this addon. Radio is still well alive!
I tried the addon today the first time on a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreElec 9.2.0 and Kodi 18.5
The live station OE1 worked well. But when I tried to listen to a past program from the Radiothek of OE1 and clicked the entry, there was no sound coming. The screen returned to the same list within a second.
ORF TVthek works well on the same Raspberry Pi.
Any idea what I could do to get the Radiothek 7 days to work?
hi franz,

glad you like the addon. i agree. radio is not dead, it is evolving Wink

i've already seen this error, but i think this is caused by a server issue (the streaming server closes the connection). i was also able to reproduce this on the radiothek website. most of the time it works though (web & kodi) Wink

cheers,
s0faking
Since beginning of 2020 I was searching for a solution to get OE1DD back. By accident I started to work with kodi (to get a nice picture viewer within my living room). Additionally kodi resolved my problems with internetradio (vtuner & Denon). Maybe it could also bring back OE1DD? I searched for a long time and finally found a solution for me with a strm file.

But you have it already within your addon! Thanks a lot for that. Maybe a small suggestion: enhance your description of your addon to include that it also supports 5.1 reception of OE1DD - then I'd have given it a try earlier.
(2020-12-07, 11:13)olwaldi Wrote: Since beginning of 2020 I was searching for a solution to get OE1DD back. By accident I started to work with kodi (to get a nice picture viewer within my living room). Additionally kodi resolved my problems with internetradio (vtuner & Denon). Maybe it could also bring back OE1DD? I searched for a long time and finally found a solution for me with a strm file.

But you have it already within your addon! Thanks a lot for that. Maybe a small suggestion: enhance your description of your addon to include that it also supports 5.1 reception of OE1DD - then I'd have given it a try earlier.

thx, i will update the description with the next version.
Just yesterday I was glad that your addon also supports access to the Ö1 radiothek. Thus I could listen to the complete cabaret program! But from my perspective it was difficult to browse the list of podcast entries. Since I didn't know the precise titel I had to scroll through the whole list. Is it somehow possible to sort the presented lists in an alphabetical order? I couldn't find a corresponding option.

And there seems to be a minor bug (probabely within core kodi): I've added Ö1DD into kodi's favourites. Thus I can jump quickly to its stream. Works great, but the "now playing text" contains a set of % chars instead of the intended (fixed) text. When starting O1DD from within your addon itself the propper string is shown. Of course best thing would be to get the current playing title. But I assume that this info simply is not embedded within the Ö1DD stream.
(2020-12-21, 09:13)olwaldi Wrote: Just yesterday I was glad that your addon also supports access to the Ö1 radiothek. Thus I could listen to the complete cabaret program! But from my perspective it was difficult to browse the list of podcast entries. Since I didn't know the precise titel I had to scroll through the whole list. Is it somehow possible to sort the presented lists in an alphabetical order? I couldn't find a corresponding option.

And there seems to be a minor bug (probabely within core kodi): I've added Ö1DD into kodi's favourites. Thus I can jump quickly to its stream. Works great, but the "now playing text" contains a set of % chars instead of the intended (fixed) text. When starting O1DD from within your addon itself the propper string is shown. Of course best thing would be to get the current playing title. But I assume that this info simply is not embedded within the Ö1DD stream.

the sort thing is fixed in 0.1.1. you can download it from my github page for now. https://github.com/s0faking/plugin.audio...k/releases

the "favourite" character problem is a core issue. nothing i can do about that unfortunately. the currently playing title cannot be shown for the DD stream because there is no metadata sent with that stream. All the other streams are handled with a shoutcast server which supports updating the trackinfo on the fly.
the livestream url pattern changed on the radiothek. please use the version on my github page for now. i will give this some testing time before i actually commit this to the official repo

https://github.com/s0faking/plugin.audio.../tag/0.1.2
Hello und thanks @sofaking for the Addon!👏

I am trying for several hours (and days🤪) to figure out, how I can play a specific (Live-)station from this Addon in Kodi but start it via jsonrpc method from outside Kodi.

@sofaking can you give me a hint to get this work?
Perhaps someone else solved this ?

Thank you.
hi rsmi,

you have to call the player with the addon url. there are no fixed urls for the livestreams but you can figure those out checking the log when you play a station manually. to start oe3 for example you can use this curl command

curl -s -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": {"item": { "file" : "plugin://plugin.audio.radiothek/?link=https%3A%2F%2Forf-live-oe3.mdn.ors.at%2Fout%2Fu%2Foe3%2Fq3a%2Fmanifest.m3u8&mode=play&label=Hitradio"}}, "id": 1}'

or with this json string if you are using something else to send the data

{
   "jsonrpc":"2.0",
   "method":"Player.Open",
   "params":{
      "item":{
         "file":"plugin://plugin.audio.radiothek/?link=https%3A%2F%2Forf-live-oe3.mdn.ors.at%2Fout%2Fu%2Foe3%2Fq3a%2Fmanifest.m3u8&mode=play&label=Hitradio"
      }
   },
   "id":1
}
Thank you,

Yes, the json string works - kodi plays the stream. But it's a different behaviour as the start directly via the Kodi-Addon, so Kodi for example shows no station logo. Can this be handled in any way too ?

many greetings
I'm afraid that won't be possible. you can try to find an option to pass your own image to the file but I couldn't find any way to do that. the stream list is built dynamically so there is no direct way to call a specific stream. the only way i can think of this would work if you replay a specific order of commands to play a certain item

curl -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -i http://127.0.0.1:8089/jsonrpc --data '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 2, "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "addonid": "plugin.audio.radiothek", "params": { "mode": "live"} } }'
curl -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -i http://127.0.0.1:8089/jsonrpc --data '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 2, "method": "Input.Down" }'
curl -X POST -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -i http://127.0.0.1:8089/jsonrpc --data '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 2, "method": "Input.Select" }'

this would play the first item in the livestream list. but you cannot invoke a command that plays a specific stream like the stream that has "hitradio ö3" as a label. so for this to work everytime the order has to be exactly the same
This version I have already tested, but every time this commands are executed with the "Input.Down" the next station in the folder will be selected. Seems the last played will be reminded in any way.
... I will try a few more things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ORF Radiothek0