Do skins change functionality, or just visuality?
i have never skinned anything before, but really want to contribute. i wonder if different skins can have different button functions? i would like to make a "tivo type skin" -- mainly because my wife is used to our tivo, and it's a very intuitive interface.

i used xbmp for a long time, and xbmc confuses me and my family (just a bit). for example, when browsing videos, i'm used to the "back" button on remote going up a directory, but now i have to find the ".." directory on top of the list in order to go up a directory.

anyway, i would like to make a tivo type control, where the arrows do almost all the browsing. is this possible with the new skinning ability of xbmc? if so, where do i go to learn how to start? should i just look at the existing skins?

thanks for any help,
-trunkboy
yes, skins change functionality.
all buttons are in the skin, but keymapping for gamepad / ir can be changed in the keymap.xml.

i will upload a new keymap today, so you can press '0' on the ir for parent dir.
(onkel bouncy @ feb. 15 2004,12:06 Wrote:yes, skins change functionality.
all buttons are in the skin, but keymapping for gamepad / ir can be changed in the keymap.xml.

i will upload a new keymap today, so you can press '0' on the ir for parent dir.
i would use the "back" button for this. its currently mapped to the main menu, but this should be the "menu" button imho.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i'd love a skin like this!
i have a tivo too, and my apartmentmates, friends and i are all used to the interface. if a skin were made to have xbmc behave like the tivo menu it would make it easier for a lot of my friends(and me, one less interface to learn, and i can program my mx-500 remote to use the same button layout as my tivo =)
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do skins change functionality, or just visuality?0