Fanart Folder for Custom Home Menu Items
Question 
I'm moving this question here as I realise that it may not be specific to the Simplicity skin I'm using and is likely a more generic solution.

I have configured my various Home menu options to display fanart from specific folders. This way, when I am scrolling through my Home menu, if I'm on the Movies option, it only shows fanart for movies. The same applies to TV Shows, etc.

However, I have a number of custom menu items, such as "Kids Shows", "Kids Movies" and "Standup Comedy".
Is there any way I can specify a specific folder for fanart to display for those?
Currently, they seem to be choosing their fanart based on the type of content, so "Kids Movies" shows the same fanart as "Movies" while "Kids Shows" has the same fanart as "TV Shows".
I've managed to get it to display a single specific image but I'd like to be able to get this working for multiimage folders.

This is what I've done thus far.
I'm sure I'm just missing something small:
(Note, these are just example codes for a single Menu Item)

Home.xml
Code:
<item id="22">
   <description>STANDUP</description>
   <label>STANDUP</label>
   <icon>special://skin/backgrounds/standup.jpg</icon>
   <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Standup_Folder)]</thumb>
   <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"special://profile/playlists/video/Standup.xsp", return)</onclick>
   <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton)</visible>
</item>

guisettings.xml
Code:
<skinsettings>
   <setting type="string" name="skin.simplicity.home_custom_back_standup_folder">/storage/.xbmc/userdata/Fanart/Standup/</setting>
</skinsettings>

Basically, I just need to figure out what the $INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Standup_Folder) syntax is referencing.
Or probably more specifically, the $INFO parameter itself.
I'm obviously missing a file somewhere.
Just to clarify, (in case I wasn't clear enough about what I was trying to accomplish), this option basically just scrolls through random images in a specified directory in the background of the home screen when you're hovering over a specific option.

As mentioned, I can get it to work with the standard menu options as it can be configured in the settings but I can't figure out what code I'm missing to get this working on my custom menu items as well.
Sorry that I can't be of help, but I have a question for you; what is the path you use to find your fanart folder? I'm trying to do the same thing for my Movies & TV Shows currently.
Kheiron2711 Wrote:Basically, I just need to figure out what the $INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Standup_Folder) syntax is referencing.
Or probably more specifically, the $INFO parameter itself.
I'm obviously missing a file somewhere.

You need to start reading Skinning Manual Smile
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Mudislander Wrote:You need to start reading Skinning Manual Smile

Thanks Mudislander. Ironically, I eventually did find the answer to my question by reading that manual. I stumbled upon it about a day after I posted this question.

But let it be a lesson to everybody else. The information is all out there. You just need to know where to find it.
Klikster Wrote:Sorry that I can't be of help, but I have a question for you; what is the path you use to find your fanart folder? I'm trying to do the same thing for my Movies & TV Shows currently.

Klikster, fanart is (by default) stored in:

Using just XBMC:
/home/username/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Movies/Fanart
/home/username/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart

Using OpenELEC with XBMC:
/storage/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Movies/Fanart
/storage/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart

They're stored in a .tbn format.

I prefer to manually move them to specific directories so that I can more accurately determine exactly WHICH fanart pictures I'm specifically referring to.

For instance, I have a custom home menu item called "Sesame Street" and when highlighted, it only shows fanart for that specifically.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart Folder for Custom Home Menu Items0