Read from episode.nfo?
Is there anyway to change so that the method in XBMC that searches for episodes, will read files strictly named "episode.nfo"? So that I don't have to have the (name).nfo the same as the video file? Just purely episode.nfo.
Arch Linux x86_64 | XBMC 10.1-9 | Rapier
Star 
Not sure how XBMC would distinguish one episode from another... It will work if you have them named

Show Title 'Episode'

Episode.S01E01.avi
Episode.S01E01.nfo
Episode.S01E02.avi
Episode.S01E02.nfo

Perhaps I missed your question... as in searching? Might be helpful if you elaborated a bit as to your use or what you want to achieve.
PatK Wrote:Not sure how XBMC would distinguish one episode from another... It will work if you have them named

Show Title 'Episode'

Episode.S01E01.avi
Episode.S01E01.nfo
Episode.S01E02.avi
Episode.S01E02.nfo

Perhaps I missed your question... as in searching? Might be helpful if you elaborated a bit as to your use or what you want to achieve.

From the folder they're in? And from the nfo-info.

I know it can be done that way, but what I want to know is if there can be done to just have an episode.nfo file instead, caus' I already have a nfo named the same as the rar-archive... And don't want to change that one.

Not really sure what you mean with your last sentence there... But I have searched but not found anything about doing this way.
Star 
I must be the dumbest hammer in the bag... I still don't know what you have and want to do... You have .rar episode files and have .nfo for them and you want to?? Sorry I couldn't help you... but I'll leave you the thought that just about anything in XBMC is possible, it just might not be at the user level and might require you to modify XBMC scripts in some way.
PatK Wrote:I must be the dumbest hammer in the bag... I still don't know what you have and want to do... You have .rar episode files and have .nfo for them and you want to?? Sorry I couldn't help you... but I'll leave you the thought that just about anything in XBMC is possible, it just might not be at the user level and might require you to modify XBMC scripts in some way.

Oh, maybe I should've pointed out that the .nfo I already has is a nfo for the release. Not one that XBMC can read anything from. And the one I already has I don't wont to modify or remove. That's why I would like to have just one episode.nfo.

Yeah, thought so too. Just hoping someone can point me in the direction of where I can find that Smile
Basically what you want to be able to do is add a URL to the "scene" .nfo.

"The *.nfo file contains a URL of the information page to scrape. The file can include other information (i.e. scene info)"

This for episodes is "Not currently supported!" unless something has changed and the wiki hasn't been updated.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...Episodes_2

I don't know, but you can search on trac.xbmc.org for a ticket regarding this feature (and create a new ticket if there isn't one).
If you need to keep the .nfo files for reseeding purposes, you can always move them to a different folder and just "relocate" them with utorrent (or, presumably, any other torrent program.)
Any news on this for Eden update?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Read from episode.nfo?0