[DEAL] Seagate 1.5T Baracuda Green ($70)
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...CatId=4357

Seagate ST31500541AS 1.5TB Hard Drive OEM

Need a new hard drive that deviates from the dull performance norm? Seagate has designed a drive that is environmentally conscious, has low power consumption, and doesn't compromise on performance. The Seagate ST31500541AS 1.5TB Hard Drive strives to provide the world’s most reliable and proven perpendicular magnetic recording technology. Not to mention, power consumption has been reduced by up to 44 percent over standard desktop drives to provide power savings over the life of the drive. Moreover, the eagate ST31500541AS 1.5TB Hard Drive is engineered to the highest international environmental standards. If that wasn't enough, the Seagate ST31500541AS 1.5TB Hard Drive's whisper-quiet acoustics ensure a near silent PC environment.

While it's not blazing, it's an affordable way to add some storage if you're really inneed. I'm using 4 of the 2TB variety in a file server with great success!
Does the fact that its only 5900 RPM hurt performance or anything?

Just a quick question, but this is a great deal! I might pick one up!
Not if you are using it as a server/NAS drive. Even as a secondary drive to store your media, it won't be necessary to go any faster on rpm.
redsoxboi21 Wrote:Does the fact that its only 5900 RPM hurt performance or anything?

Just a quick question, but this is a great deal! I might pick one up!
I'm serving up HD content to three clients in addition to running SAZbnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato as well as MedaPortal TV Server as a PVR. No issues... I just added Orb so I can take my library on the road. We'll see, but I don't expect any issues, speed on these is fine...

I'm tempted to implement FlexRAID real time raid on this machine to see how that goes. I'm more concerned about processor than anything else.
Great price Kirk, and it should be a great second HDD.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
What if it would be your only drive? Would it be any good?
If youre looking for hdds I would wait, a few konths ago I got a 1tb drive for £30, now they are around 100. really not wodrth it until they get production back up.
Same deal, same price north of the Tim Horton's line as well.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/s...SD-1500AS2
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
redsoxboi21 Wrote:What if it would be your only drive? Would it be any good?
If it's your boot drive in a PC then it's a bad idea (and you ideally want a fast 60GB SSD for that anyway - preferably two 30GB in a dual-write stripe setup LOL)

If it's your second drive in a PC then it's not too bad for the price

If it's going in a NAS then it's plenty fast enough.
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEAL] Seagate 1.5T Baracuda Green ($70)0