Dammit.....AllMusic.com (AMG) seems to have stopped scrapers..

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Looks like as of today AllMusic no longers allows scraping of artist bios or album reviews citing something like "Fetching album reviews is prohibited to due copyright concerns" or some such blather.

Dammit! StareNoSad

System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon AVR-3808CI - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray - X-Box 360 - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
find quote
mkortstiege Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Due to legal reasons. Please choose another scraper.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Thx vdrfan - more just putting the announcement out there. Switched to LastFM, but losing AllMusic is a drag. As Warren Zevon said, lawyers, guns, and money! Laugh

System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon AVR-3808CI - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray - X-Box 360 - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
find quote
bandelguy Offline
Fan
FREEBASE is useless, guess last.Fm is the last resort

CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
find quote
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
bandelguy Wrote:FREEBASE is useless, guess last.Fm is the last resort

My thoughts exactly.....Sad

find quote
bandelguy Offline
Fan
I guess it would be best to merge allmusic scraper and last.fm scraper. Fetch reviews & artist bios from last.fm and other info (labels, type, moods, etc.)from allmusic.com. In the Movie scraper, Imdb scraper scrapes posters and fanarts from TMDB. Music scraping is a neglected area reagrding Xbmc supplemental tools and scrapers.

I strongly advocate for a scraper support sub-forum in the XBMC forums for scraper related problems and notices such as this one regarding allmusic.com.

CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(This post was last modified: 2011-12-08 17:37 by bandelguy.)
find quote
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
bandelguy Wrote:I guess it would be best to merge allmusic scraper and last.fm scraper. Fetch reviews & artist bios from last.fm and other info (labels, type, moods, etc.)from allmusic.com. In the Movie scraper, Imdb scraper scrapes posters and fanarts from TMDB. Music scraping is a neglected area reagrding Xbmc supplemental tools and scrapers.

I strongly advocate for a scraper support sub-forum in the XBMC forums for scraper related problems and notices such as this one regarding allmusic.com.

Strongly agree to both points above!! There is a thread for scraper issues in the stickies but it's closed.

find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
Can't say details, but the issue is up in the air right now, so don't panic. There's no statement to make right now because the issue is being sorted out as we speak, but might take some time.
find quote
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Big Grin Wink

find quote
bandelguy Offline
Fan
Ned Scott Wrote:Can't say details, but the issue is up in the air right now, so don't panic. There's no statement to make right now because the issue is being sorted out as we speak, but might take some time.

Any news on it?

find quote
dirtymurt Offline
can anyone describe how to do the workaound, I have selected last.FM scraper, but how do you get it to scrape, it seems to keep defaulting to allmusic which aint working, help appreciated......

[Image: widget]
find quote
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
dirtymurt Wrote:can anyone describe how to do the workaound, I have selected last.FM scraper, but how do you get it to scrape, it seems to keep defaulting to allmusic which aint working, help appreciated......

You can change to LastFM as a default scraper for the source or for an individual artist/album. Then click on either Artist Information or Album Information in the pop-up context menu and click Refresh when that comes up.

It will re-scrape using LastFM or whatever you have set the scraper to.

find quote
dirtymurt Offline
but how can i scrape all artists, it just quickly pops up and goes away

find quote
DDDamian Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
This is an
"Are you sure? Yes/No"
"Are you REALLY sure? Yes/No"
moment. If you want a full re-scrape of your music library you are best off either 1) deleting the mymusic1x.db or 2) using SQL to clear it. Make sure your default scraper is LastFM before you do. IIRC you may need to re-add the source when you re-boot XBMC, then re-scrape.

Back up userdata directory first!

find quote
dirtymurt Offline
thanks but it doesn't work, won't switch from allmusic scraper. is thee a way to disable allmusic?

find quote