[RELEASE] BlipTv (Video) Plugin
A shame this isn't cared for anymore, since BlipTV seems to have changed something in the way they keep their URLs nothing is working right now. See also ThatGuyWithTheGlasses plugin etc. You will get video url not found on every video.
yeahh, my favorites where working until last weekend.
I could even just edit the config file to add more favorites, but now its completely broken.
Hey everyone.

I'm not really a genius with addons or anything, so I don't know the proper way of submitting a fix for one, but I've fixed up the Blip.TV plugin to parse JSON now instead of RSS. They recently changed RSS to no longer have the vital info needed in video links, so now you have to refer to JSON info in order to get your video URLs. I've replaced the current RSS parsing for info with JSON parsing to allow for this. It has worked on my system watching videos from thatguywiththeglasses.com, but I haven't done any extensive testing. Try it out, let me know if there are any immediate issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5dh2ld...-1.8.4.zip
(2014-01-23, 05:28)Highsight Wrote: Hey everyone.

I'm not really a genius with addons or anything, so I don't know the proper way of submitting a fix for one, but I've fixed up the Blip.TV plugin to parse JSON now instead of RSS. They recently changed RSS to no longer have the vital info needed in video links, so now you have to refer to JSON info in order to get your video URLs. I've replaced the current RSS parsing for info with JSON parsing to allow for this. It has worked on my system watching videos from thatguywiththeglasses.com, but I haven't done any extensive testing. Try it out, let me know if there are any immediate issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5dh2ld...-1.8.4.zip
Thanks, but I could not get it working.
Installation via zip is not possible. After removing the '&' from 'TheCollective&Highsight' in addon.xml, installation worked but I could not browse for shows or play any episode.
Tested on Win7 with XBMC 12.3

Edit: Someone mentioned a new Blip addon in the tgwtg thread - could not find any more info here but it's working great for me.
Hello everyone!
I spent some time pulling an over nighter for my first attempt at messing with XBMC add-ons and python in general. I updated the BlipTV code to a "1.8.3.1" experimental release. It is working on my system, Win 8 running XBMC 12.3, and appears that everything is functioning, navigation, searching, and playback. I have by no means extensively tested everything though but if anyone wants to try installing it from zip, I have it up on my Google Drive here. This also fixed playback issues for the TGWTG plugin as well. I'd welcome feedback on how the patching performs.

Thanks,

WOrias
(2014-01-26, 15:19)worias Wrote: This also fixed playback issues for the TGWTG plugin as well.
The tgtw addon now uses this new Blip.tv addon.
Folks,

Trying to migrate from Plex to xbmc. And my son likes watching some of the stuff Blip.TV offers. So we installed the Blip.TV addon from the settings area from the xbmc repo. But we are getting script errors when ever we attempt to access Blip.TV Hopefully this is the error part of the log file;

Code:
19:08:51 T:2690644800  NOTICE: BlipTV-1.8.3
19:08:51 T:2690644800  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
19:08:51 T:2690644800   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('content',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bliptv/default.py", line 86, in <module>
                                                navigation.executeAction(params)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bliptv/BlipTVNavigation.py", line 134, in executeAction
                                                self.player.playVideo(params)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bliptv/BlipTVPlayer.py", line 46, in playVideo
                                                video = self.getVideoObject(params)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bliptv/BlipTVPlayer.py", line 156, in getVideoObject
                                                video = self.getInfo(result, params)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bliptv/BlipTVPlayer.py", line 74, in getInfo
                                                params["apierror"] = result["content"]
                                            KeyError: ('content',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:08:51 T:3007326016   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.thatguywiththeglasses_com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fthatguywiththeglasses.com%2Fbt%2Fbenzaie%2F5-second-games%2F42525-zelda-lbw-in-5-seconds&mode=playVideo]

We are running xbmcbuntu Gotham 13.0. I do not know if it is a permissions error or if it is related to the changes that Blip.TV made the folks above were discussing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
The BlipTV addon in the official XBMC repository is completely useless in 13.1 Gotham. Searching returns single-letter results, and clicking on those results generates script errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] BlipTv (Video) Plugin2