• 10(current)
[Release] Common plugin cache
Just started getting "Failed to start commoncache" out of the blue on Win7x64 running Kodi v14.0

scott s.
(2015-01-21, 04:45)scott967 Wrote: Just started getting "Failed to start commoncache" out of the blue on Win7x64 running Kodi v14.0

scott s.

Did you find a fix? I seem to have suddenly just got this error which occurs on startup = not sure what issues it's causing yet though if any.
Went away on its own.

scott s.
(2015-02-21, 00:55)scott967 Wrote: Went away on its own.

scott s.

I think mine is interfering with other apps now, cache full errors etc when streaming. I'm going to try update to 14.2 (currently on 14.1)

EDIT - tested Kodi one last time and mine seems to have gone too, the only thing I did do last night was a hardware reboot on the AFTV (whether that had any bearing)
It seems to have come back...

it seems to stop occurring if i reboot my Fire TV, but then appears again after a few kodi restarts.

Anyone else having issues with this? is there a fix?
Yes I am having the same issue have tried older versions off common cache and still get same issue seems to be a very common problem that's been rumbling on for years , I am running a Lenovo HTPC with latest helix build
(2012-01-13, 04:42)TobiasTheCommie Wrote: Hm, it is stalling because of a bug that has since been fixed.

But i believe the bug has been triggered by a faulty download in iceplugin originally(then replicated and made worse by the cache).

Clear your cache with:
rm ~/.xbmc/userdata/Database/commoncache.db
I also started getting the Error upon every startup - Failed to Start Commoncache

The error comes up everytime I start XBMC Gotham 13.2 (15 seconds after start as set in the plugin configuration), started doing it all of sudden. Have been trying out various skins, last one I tried was Ace skin and came back to default Confluence.

I run Gotham on ATV1200 Android box

Could anybody tell me where you run that command rm ~... do you have to log in via some command line interface or what. Also I turned debugging as per above but where is the log?

The error started together with error "Remote Communication Server Failed to Start" no idea if that is related somehow. I solved that one by searching forums and turning off Remote Control, Zeroconf and AirPlay (which I don't use anyway).

Edit: now after few restarts the cache error went away. I leave my findings here for what they are worth.
Hi all!

I want to cache a function that returns a list something like this: list=[ ['something','link'],['something1','link1'],['something2','link2'],['something3','link4'] ... ]

I imported StorageServer like this:
Code:
try:
  import StorageServer
except:
  import storageserverdummy as StorageServer
cache = StorageServer.StorageServer('plugin.video.filmovita_test')

and cached the function like this:
Code:
list_of_all=cache.cacheFunction(get_list_of_all_movies) #get_list_of_all_movies is a function returnin the list mentioned above

but every time in Kodi.log I get message saying Table not defined

Have I forgotten something? please help Smile
(2014-10-14, 02:35)Lunatixz Wrote: Any plans on fixing this? been an issue for a long time... is anyone maintaining this plugin?

I'm having the same problem using the Veetle addon (and addons using Veetle for streaming) on Android systems. This error depends on the firmware used. Firmware X does not cause problems, firmware Y does (on the same device).

I'd really like a fix for the Add-on or at least point me in a direction where to find the problem in the Android-OS:

Code:
10:29:54 T:1717131256   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                             Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                             Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xed' in position 2409: ordinal not in range(128)
                                             Traceback (most recent call last):
                                               File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/default.py", line 40, in <module>
                                                 run()
                                               File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/default.py", line 35, in run
                                                 s.run()
                                               File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py", line 247, in run
                                                 self._runCommand(data)
                                               File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py", line 173, in _runCommand
                                                 res = self._sqlSet(data["table"], data["name"], data["data"])
                                               File "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py", line 420, in _sqlSet
                                                 self._log(u"Insert : " + data.decode('utf8', 'ignore'), 3)
                                               File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib/python2.6/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
                                             UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xed' in position 2409: ordinal not in range(128)
                                             -->End of Python script error report<--

There where mentions of a language locale issue, but I can't figure out what needs to be straightened out.

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2031908 for details
Is there a way to access this cache from a visualization addon (c++)?
Hi,

I have just been looking at a log to solve an issue with TvTunes and spotted an error from script.common.plugin.cache

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2255282

so thought I would post it here in case it's of any use

Code:
08:45:29 T:4796   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcvfs::exists" must be unicode or str
08:45:29 T:4796   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcvfs::exists" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Manuel Fuentes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\default.py", line 40, in <module>
                                                run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Manuel Fuentes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\default.py", line 35, in run
                                                s.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Manuel Fuentes\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.common.plugin.cache/lib\StorageServer.py", line 263, in run
                                                if self.xbmcvfs.exists(self.socket):
                                            TypeError: argument "path" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcvfs::exists" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks

Rob
If some can log the actual values then we can fix it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-02-23, 11:26)Martijn Wrote: If some can log the actual values then we can fix it

If you mean the complete log here is it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/919qqv...c/kodi.log

Thanks...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
No i need the values printed to the log of self.socket
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-02-23, 11:51)Martijn Wrote: No i need the values printed to the log of self.socket

What I have to do to get that?

Thanks
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Common plugin cache1