Skipping forward Videos and navigation in huge file lists
Hi,

first of all hats off for the android xbmc remote - its the android app that i propably use most and among the top 5 most useful apps i have installed on the phone.

however there are one ore two things that i think could be optimized, but maybe i just have not figured out that there is already a better way to manage these tasks than the way i do it.

first is skipping forward (or backwards) videos in "Now Playing" mode. I find it hard for example to skip back one minute because you have to tip on the timeline at some very exact point that is very close to the current cursor position. i think maybe extra buttons (one for skipping one and one for skipping 5 minutes) or a extra gesture (drawing circles with one finger or similar) would be helpful.

secound is scrolling in the file browser if the list of files is very long. i have a huge music collection, and maybe 20-30 artists starting with the same letter. plain scrolling is unsuitable, because it takes too long to reach the right region in the list. using the "fast scrolling" block on the right is way too unprecise in a very long list. you end up several letters off your target, and scrolling to your target again takes very long. maybe a text keyboard based search with auto complete would be nice here.

thanks for reading and for this nice pice of software!

markus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skipping forward Videos and navigation in huge file lists0