Thumbnails no longer show up. Also not pulling banner.jpg
I have just begun learning XBMC and ATV2 and have been messing around with it quite a bit. I was trying to set up databases and MySQL and have seemed to have screwed something up. I set up MySQL according to the wiki and a path substitution as well. My advancedsettings.xml contained
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>nfs://192.168.1.100/Media1/etc/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>

<videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.100</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_video</name>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.1.100</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
        <name>xbmc_music</name>
    </musicdatabase>

</advancedsettings>

However, after doing this the ATV2 no longer seems to pull banners from my media folder even though banner.jpg is present and thumbnails for things like addons and scrappers (such as the little icon for The TVDB) don't show up.
I have deleted the file advancedsettings.xml. However, this has not fixed it.

MySQL was showed two databases
xbmc_video58
xbmc_music18

The pathsubstituted thumbnails folder did seem to populate.

I am using the December 8th nightly.
iOS 4.3
I used this method to install it http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...htly_build

Here is the log, In it I add and remove a source and browse through the library calling thumbnails. http://pastebin.com/QGr9t4UP

Any information would be appreciated. And anything I can add to this just let me know. I will check it over the next hour or so and then once again in about 7 hours.

Also a side question. What would be the process to completely reset an ATV2 and start installing xbmc from an out of box state? If I continue to mess things up. Big Grin

Thanks for all the help.
Seems like you deleted your local thumbnails folder or it doesn't have the right permissions. Be sure that your thumbnails folder is accessable by user "mobile" ... see the ios faq in the wiki and look for "chown" for getting this right.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I copied the chown command exactly and enterered it twice once with xbmc open and once at apple menu. I also then rebooted. The problem persists. The thumbnails folder does exist under /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Here is a new log from right after restarting xbmc.

http://pastebin.com/nPrQqyy3

It seems to be pulling the folder.jpg just fine, used paint to mark the image.
I also just tried to add these sources using xbmc running on my server and they worked fine and pulled the banners from my folder.

Where does xbmc store where it looks for the images to use? Could this have screwed up?

Thanks for the help.

Also I am fully willing to try simply start fresh with xbmc if I could figure out how. However, I kind of want to know what is actually going on too.
I ended up using

Code:
apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
apt-get autoremove
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC
rm -Rf /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance

To uninstall XBMC and start fresh. All seems to be working now. Kind of a cop out i know :/

Thank you for the help in this thread and the many others you have replied to. I have certainly read most of them by now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails no longer show up. Also not pulling banner.jpg0