SiriProxy-XBMC
Slowfoxtrot Wrote:The problem is the only two fields I can retrieve on the movies are "label" and "movieid", but not "file" and therefore I cannot pass the movie to be played. How can I request Xbmc::VideoLibrary.get_movies ( :fields => ["file"] ) properly?

Have a look at the latest version Smile
@XbmcFuntimes
Thanks for the suggestions.

Personally I have doubts about playing a "random" movie, which is basically what you are doing when starting the "latest unwatched movie".
Is that really what you want ?
Get in! Will try this on Monday!

What's the best way to update? Just run the "siri proxy update" command or is it bundle then update?
The way I have it in my head the movie it plays with that suggestions should never be random.

For "play latest unwatched movie" it should play the most recently added (newest) movie that is unwatched. Nothing random about it.

For "play unwatched movie" it should play the oldest unwatched movie.

Playing a random movie for when you say "Play comedy movie" makes sense to me as I often get asked by my girlfriend to decide what to watch. Having to not make that choice (so she can't complain) would be nice Smile If this command gave preference to "unwatched" before "watched" comedy movies that would be perfect!
Just tried installing this plugin using the latest version on github, server starts ok, but crashes as soon as I try and open Siri on my phone (Before I've said anything)

Code:
Starting SiriProxy on port 443..
Create server for iPhone connection
start conn #<SiriProxy::Connection::Iphone:0x0000000###### @signature=#, @processed_headers=false, @output_buffer="", @input_buffer="", @unzipped_input="", @unzipped_output="", @unzip_stream=#<Zlib::Inflate:0x000000029e8250>, @zip_stream=#<Zlib::Deflate:0x000000029e8228>, @consumed_ace=false, @name="iPhone", @ssled=false>
/home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/bundler/gems/SiriProxy-XBMC-3417ba9180f0/lib/xbmc_library.rb:2:in `require': cannot load such file -- ruby_ext (LoadError)
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/bundler/gems/SiriProxy-XBMC-3417ba9180f0/lib/xbmc_library.rb:2:in `<top (required)>'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/bundler/gems/SiriProxy-XBMC-3417ba9180f0/lib/siriproxy-xbmc.rb:23:in `require'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/bundler/gems/SiriProxy-XBMC-3417ba9180f0/lib/siriproxy-xbmc.rb:23:in `<top (required)>'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/plugin_manager.rb:22:in `require'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/plugin_manager.rb:22:in `block in load_plugins'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/plugin_manager.rb:14:in `each'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/plugin_manager.rb:14:in `load_plugins'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/plugin_manager.rb:8:in `initialize'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy.rb:21:in `new'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy.rb:21:in `block (2 levels) in initialize'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/eventmachine-0.12.10/lib/eventmachine.rb:1432:in `call'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/eventmachine-0.12.10/lib/eventmachine.rb:1432:in `event_callback'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/eventmachine-0.12.10/lib/eventmachine.rb:256:in `run_machine'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/eventmachine-0.12.10/lib/eventmachine.rb:256:in `run'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy.rb:16:in `initialize'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/command_line.rb:96:in `new'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/command_line.rb:96:in `start_server'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/command_line.rb:85:in `run_server'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/lib/siriproxy/command_line.rb:37:in `initialize'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/bin/siriproxy:6:in `new'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/gems/siriproxy-0.3.0/bin/siriproxy:6:in `<top (required)>'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/bin/siriproxy:19:in `load'
    from /home/xbmc/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0@SiriProxy/bin/siriproxy:19:in `<main>'

thoughts?

edit: further info, happens whether XBMC is loaded or not.
@Begall
Sorry, I fixed it, please try again
@XbmcFuntimes
It's random in the sense that you don't know what movie you'll get.
I have a lot of movies that are 'unwatched', but most of them I don't want to see right now because I've seen them recently in the movie theater. So I can't imagine me using the functions that you request. But that's just me I guess Smile
brainwave9 Wrote:@Begall
Sorry, I fixed it, please try again

Thanks, that sorted it. Nice work so far, looking forward to seeing this being developed Smile
Thumbs Up 
Got this working great in a multiRoom setup. Thank you brainwave9!
Would it be possible to add an 'update library' command? My HTPC goes to sleep and sometimes needs some motivation to show new content.
Couple of thoughts having used it a bit:

Might want consider changing the trigger word from 'play' to 'watch'. SiriProxy seems to have a habit of not always running the plugins correctly and if that's the case when saying 'play', that will result in Siri looking to start something in your music collection instead, which is annoying!

And for playing specific episodes of TV content, would be it be hard to implement a <Show> <Season #> <Episode #> format?

Keep up the good work! Smile
This is so cool!Shocked

Is there a way to automatically start siriproxy at boot? I'm using Ubuntu Oneiric minimal in a VM.
Star 
I'm not sure if it's mentioned in this thread, but I heard there's a piece of software called Spire out. It's Siri for iPod touches, iPhone 4's and iPads. It downloads the software direct from Apple and installs it onto your device, but you still need access to a 4S and a special proxy program to insert a 4S' Siri-specific Unique IDs into the requests. It REQUIRES a jailbreak, as it's through Cydia, and CAN be glitchy with other jailbroken programs.

here's a guide for setting up the proxy: http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/setup-a-...for-spire/

And another guide for actually setting up Spire: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/05...86551.html

Just trying to help advance this program.
Agree with the "watch" instead of "play" before I get too used to it! Smile

I've already had the "I'm sorry, I can't find that song" problem happen more than once.
Updated and loving it! Agree with the hoped improvements in the readme about multiple users so you don't have to "set" the room you're in but not an issue for me.

As is this pretty much covers all my needs. My suggested improvements although desirable are not required for me using it day to day.

My only wish would be to have siri-proxy running under Windows rather than Linux as I have a Windows box on all 24/7 and pretty much only turn on my Linux box to run this! Big Grin

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh, one thing actually. Sometimes Siri-proxy doesn't "execute the plugin". I.e. I say a command and the console has he usual "receiving speech packet" stuff but once I've finished speaking the command it sort of hangs on the "finished request" and doesn't do anything else. If I try another command (even if it's the same sentence) it will go through the same process but just carry on as normal and execute the plugin. Anyone else having this?
I've forked the project to add some functionality I wanted.

https://github.com/patrickkettner/SiriProxy-XBMC

I change 'play' to 'watch', and added the ability to play entire season of shows. There are a few bugs still, but it works as long as you actually have the show and season. =]

I'll be adding more features until im happy with it, and then doing a pull to brainwave.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiriProxy-XBMC0