OS X Jerk on few movies - Closed
Hi,

I have some jerks on few movies on XBMC. I'm on OS X 10.7 aka Lion & XBMC Eden.

The log :
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=tGpkgm7d

Thanks for your help Smile
Nemrod
Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler?
What ?
looks like you a fiddling in the gui when playing back video. stop that.
(2012-04-22, 02:55)davilla Wrote: looks like you a fiddling in the gui when playing back video. stop that.

I'm not sure to understand you, perhaps because English is not my mother tongue, but I have a problem and ask for help in the dedicated forum.

If I do not respect the rules of this forum it would be grateful to explain me why that i can modify my thread.
I think davilla is referring to the lines in the log:

Code:
16:06:16 T:2956091392   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":"1", "method":"Files.GetDirectory", "params":{"directory":"videodb://2/4/", "sort":{"method":"label", "order":"ascending"}}}
16:06:16 T:2956091392   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling files.getdirectory

It looks as if you are using a remote control app to retrieve data from XBMC while the video is playing. This causes disk activity and is probably what is causing playback to judder. The pullup correction errors seem to happen at the same time as the JSON requests.
(2012-04-22, 11:26)jhsrennie Wrote: I think davilla is referring to the lines in the log:

Code:
16:06:16 T:2956091392   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":"1", "method":"Files.GetDirectory", "params":{"directory":"videodb://2/4/", "sort":{"method":"label", "order":"ascending"}}}
16:06:16 T:2956091392   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Calling files.getdirectory

It looks as if you are using a remote control app to retrieve data from XBMC while the video is playing. This causes disk activity and is probably what is causing playback to judder. The pullup correction errors seem to happen at the same time as the JSON requests.

Thank you for this explaination Smile

I don't see what this remote contral app could be except if it is OS X sharing screen. Indeed, most of the time i control my Ma Mini from my Macbook Pro using OS X sharing screen.
A quick test without OS X sharing screen seems to be ok, so i'm gonna make tests this week end and next week.

In the meantime, the last log :
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=k8NaneF9

Thanks a lot for your help
Ahhh, 'OS X sharing screen', that will defiantly cause issues. Don't do that and expect perfect video playback.
(2012-04-22, 16:07)davilla Wrote: Ahhh, 'OS X sharing screen', that will defiantly cause issues. Don't do that and expect perfect video playback.

I think you're right Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerk on few movies - Closed0