Resolution change on launch
If I restart my AppleTV completely and reinstall 20111124-da3fabb, it works fine even after quitting and starting XBMC, even multiple times. I've had ZERO problems with XBMC on my ATV1 until now. So it can't be "hit or miss" anymore, as it's worked fine for months.
MacBook Pro 13", XBMC v12.1
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
davilla Wrote:Should be fixed in git trunk. Display resolution switching has been excluded from 10.4 runtime.

Let me re-quote my previous post.
Sorry, I guess I didn't know what that meant since you asked about guisettings.xml in the post right after. It wasn't clear if you meant wait till tonight's build or not. Thanks, I'll try the next build and see...

I meant no disrespect, just was trying to provide as much information on the problem as possible.
MacBook Pro 13", XBMC v12.1
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
Dec10th nightly still broken black screen or wonky on ATV1.
mudwater Wrote:Dec10th nightly still broken black screen or wonky on ATV1.

this is because fix is in the next nightly ... these might still need some time to come up because we branched for eden and buildbots are out of order for now...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Back working with xbmc-20111210-410c947-master-i386.dmg nightly available through laucher on ATV1. Had to remove guisettings, start XBMC, close XBMC, remove new guisettings, and replace back to original guisettings file for it to work though.
I have the same issue in Eden Beta 3, but on Mac OS Lion. (This is the first Eden Beta I tried.) Specifically, I have kind of a delicate setup because my display doesn't seem to like my display port and used to not work in native resolution until I found a workaround.

Now if XBMC launches, the problem returns and my display goes black. It works if I unplug my display and plug it back in, which is pretty annoying. Is there a way to get XBMC to just leave my resolution alone and not change it upon launching?

Already tried moving guisettings.xml away, didn't help.
I believe I'm having the same issue with Eden beta 3 too. I have my MacBook Air hooked up to my 1080p TV with XBMC running. If I turn off my TV and turn it on later in the day, XBMC tries to adjust the resolutions and ends up zooming in. The only way to solve the problem is to quit out of XBMC and re-open it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution change on launch0