Problems with the color red...
Question 
Hi there,

I have a problem.
Got a HTPC, running AMD A3850 llano and XBMC.
The issue is that the red is too intensive, makes the skin looks almost infected in some movies / tv-shows or it makes blond hair look like it has pink color in it.

I first thought it was my projector, a Epson EH-TW3200, but when I tried a clip (Bridesmaids) where the actress blond hair has a hint of pink in it, on VLC, it didn't look as bad as when I play it in XBMC.

An example of the skin-blush that appears, check out this image:

I can't find any addons or other ways to try to adjust the color in XBMC...
What do I do?
Celphish Wrote:I can't find any addons or other ways to try to adjust the color in XBMC...
What do I do?
I have this problem too; I've turned magenta all the way down on my TV and it's helped, but I still notice it Huh
There is no color adjustment in XBMC.
If you're using dxva, then maybe it's a setting in the driver's control panel.

Can you create a sample? We'll see if it can be reproduced by others.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Why didn't I think of that, I can adjust the color in the panel OUTSIDE XBMC, nice, I'll try that when I get home later Big Grin
I have this same problem since moving to Eden! Is there a fix in XBMC because with VLC or MPC-HC all looks great but in XBMC it has the Blondes looking Pink haired!
I've recently discovered this problem as well. First I thought it was the TV, later the DVI -> HDMI cable, but I recently discovered it on my workstation running XBMC as well. No problem in VLC.

Someone mentioned DXVA and check the control panel for the driver. Is everybody here who experience this problem using Radeon graphic cards? Both the media center and my workstation is running Radeon cards with latest driver.
Has anyone found a better fix for this issue? As others have mentioned, I only see this problem in XBMC 11.

AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6410D AD3400OJHXBOX
Any fix for this?!

I still have this problem with Frodo! It only seems to happen with DXVA enabled... But for some movies it stutters if I don't have DXVA enabled.
I have Radeon HD7750 and no problems of what I notice. Neighter with my HD5450.

Take a look here, I have used some of settings for my card too.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hqv-...844-2.html
I've had this issue with XMBC 11, 12, and 12.1 with HD7750 and the onboard A-series. The color problem is only in XBMC, so I can't see the sense in pointing to any other cause but either a setting or a bug with XBMC. Do any Devs read these threads or someone in the know?
(2013-02-11, 12:02)jordandk Wrote: I have Radeon HD7750 and no problems of what I notice. Neighter with my HD5450.

Take a look here, I have used some of settings for my card too.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hqv-...844-2.html

I had to tweak my settings too because I had major red especially with blonde hair or yellow on the screen was washed out and looked red. But those settings from that link were not correct. I have an AMD 5570 and those settings with the color didn't change the Red problem. I just had to tinker until it was just right.

(2013-04-03, 19:53)zachmanx Wrote: I've had this issue with XMBC 11, 12, and 12.1 with HD7750 and the onboard A-series. The color problem is only in XBMC, so I can't see the sense in pointing to any other cause but either a setting or a bug with XBMC. Do any Devs read these threads or someone in the know?

The reason you are seeing the red in xbmc and not in other players is because of the way XBMC uses DXVA (GPU Rendering). I play a movie in VLC and in MPC-HC now and it looks no different now and I am using DXVA2 with XBMC always.

My advice is to go with the above link and then adjust from there until the red is gone. Until I did that DXVA would work but it was too red. If I disabled dxva I couldn't watch certain 1080p ripped blurays (Avengers) because they would have too much jitter because the CPU isn't the best for Video rendering even if its a quadcore.
I disabled the DXVA2 hardware acceleration option and the pink hair went away.

It's under the video playback options in system settings.
(2013-04-06, 01:51)zachmanx Wrote: I disabled the DXVA2 hardware acceleration option and the pink hair went away.

It's under the video playback options in system settings.

Yes its because when you choose DXVA2 you are using your graphics card to render the videos. So it is all in the settings of your Graphics card. I don't know why the default for AMD(ATI) cards does this but it did with my old 4750 card too.

Just tinker with the settings and then DXVA2 will be your best video renderer because it works with all video without stuttering.
Your name is oddly appropriate Wink
(2013-04-06, 02:27)Kibje Wrote: Your name is oddly appropriate Wink

Not sure I get what you're talking about? Its just my handle for everything and a description of my wife. lol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with the color red...0