random crashes since update to nightlies and AFP
Hi All,

I've been running xbmc on my ATV2 for a while now
everything was going well with only very infrequent crashes
then I updated my iMac to Lion Sad
So I had to update to the nightly build in order to have support for AFP sharing as Lion broke the SMB and all my video files are shared via my iMac (previously via SMB, since the Lion update via AFP)
Since then I've been experiencing frequent crashes during video playback. The majority of my video files are avi in xvid codec. I've had crashes over an hour into a movie and half way through a 20 minute tv show. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to when xbmc is crashing.
I have installed and updated update-be-gone and blocked apple updates as recommended on the xbmc wiki, but nothing seems to make a difference

OSX Version: 10.7.2 (iMac doing the sharing)
Platform: ATV2
Launcher version if AppleTV. (not sure what launcher is)
ATV software 4.2.2 (2203)
Install Method: I used the method from here to install
wiki.xbmc.org
Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem: Random crash that resets the ATV2 when playing videos - happens with a variety of formats. Resets back to the main ATV menu
FULL Debug Log: log
Skin name: Standard XBMC skin (confluence?)
XBMC build: pre-11.0 git:20111206-aae5a8e (compiled dec 7 2011)

I hope someone can help me with this issue Sad

Bnninja
do you have firecores mediaplayer installed?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Apple TV 1 (silver) = Mac OS X
Apple TV 2 (black) = iOS

No worries, though. I've already moved the thread. Just for future reference, you'll want to post in the iOS forums for the ATV2.
oops, thanks for moving the thread Ned
no firecore installed Memphiz, I only installed nitotv and xbmc after jailbreak
then you are out of luck with afp for now ... there are known crashes we aren't able to fix atm ... sorry for that - maybe you could switch over to nfs? ( second link in my sig should point you to the howto)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
ok will give that a go Memphiz, thanks

Bnninja

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
random crashes since update to nightlies and AFP0