• 31(current)
Broken Weather Underground
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Weird. I will reset to default and reselect my city see if that fixes the problem

Tx BigJRM
I installed Gotham Final (released May 4th) today on two identical Linux boxes. One of them is running version 3.x of the Wunderground addon, but the other can only see version 2.x of the Wunderground addon. I can't figure out how to make XBMC "refresh" the available addons from the repositories. I've tried uninstalling the addon, rebooting, then reinstalling, but it still only gives me the opportunity to install Wunderground 2.x.

Weird.
==============

UPDATE: I did a "force refresh" of the xbmc repository per http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ce_refresh and problem is fixed.
(2014-03-03, 09:26)Omegatron Wrote: Hi,

Everytime I start up my XBMC the weather addon (underground) is disables and the location i had set is gone. When i enable the addon and set the location again it sometimes works for a day maybe 2 but then its off again and no location anymore.Does anyone know whats causing this and how to resolve this?

Im running on Frodo 12.3 with Aeon MQ5. If needed i will post a debug log later.

thanks.

I still have this problem on final gotham release. Is it just me?
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
I realise you probably aren't supporting Frodo anymore, but I have started getting a script error today.

Thought I would mention it on the off chance that you are servicing it.

If so I can provide a log.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Error also started appearing today (script failed). Worked fine from Gotham nightly 1 up to Final and then for most of today.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
if you have issues, please follow these steps:
1. enable debuglogging in xbmc. (settings > system > debugging)
2. enable logging in the weather addon (settings > weather > - settings > advanced options)
3. restart xbmc, go to weather screen and wait for the error to occur
4. upload the contents of your xbmc.log file to xbmclogs.com and post the url here
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I am recently seeing a script error in Gotham and Frodo. Will try and post up some logs later.

Thanks
Hi

Here is a debug log from Gotham, as soon as I open XBMC on my Windows 7 machine I get the script error.

Thanks

Code:
19:20:47 T:2708   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'wind' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\addons\weather.wunderground\default.py", line 640, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\addons\weather.wunderground\default.py", line 156, in forecast
                                                properties(data,loc,locid)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC_GOTHAM\portable_data\addons\weather.wunderground\default.py", line 414, in properties
                                                dfcast_m[dfcast_m.index(field)] = wind # replace windspeed in km/h with windspeed in mph
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'wind' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=195663

Here is a debug log file from Frodo

Code:
19:26:36 T:7516   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'wind' referenced before assignment
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.wunderground\default.py", line 639, in <module>
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.wunderground\default.py", line 156, in forecast
                                              File "C:\Users\Stuart\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.wunderground\default.py", line 414, in properties
                                                dfcast_m[dfcast_m.index(field)] = wind # replace windspeed in km/h with windspeed in mph
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'wind' referenced before assignment

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=195670

Thank you
thanx for the log files!

could you test if v3.0.4 fixes this issue?
weather.wunderground-3.0.4.zip
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Working now, thanks ronie :-)
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Thank you!
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Hi Ronie

I installed V3.0.4 on Gotham OK and it seems to have stopped the script error. However when I tried to install the ZIP on Frodo it said Dependencies not met.

Thanks
(2014-05-08, 00:54)cw-kid Wrote: Hi Ronie

I installed V3.0.4 on Gotham OK and it seems to have stopped the script error. However when I tried to install the ZIP on Frodo it said Dependencies not met.

Thanks

i've just updated wu in both the frodo and gotham addon repo.
Great, Linux and master was affected as well, so it should be fixed as well cross fingers. Wink
Hi
I'm use raspbmc (Rasperry Pi + XBMC).

Code:
22:13:35 T:2750411840   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: could not convert string to float:
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py", line 642, in <module>
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py", line 156, in forecast
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py", line 218, in properties
                                                update = time.localtime(float(data['current_observation']['observation_epoch']))
                                            ValueError: could not convert string to float:

this is full debug log (level 2)
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Underground1