• 6(current)
Broken Weather Underground
(2012-03-28, 00:11)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 00:17)pkscuot Wrote: EDIT: I installed the stock Eden build and got the same result. A gif downloads, and it has a size, but no readable information in it.

thanx pkscuot, i've decided to give windows a shot as well and got the same issue.
after scratching my head for a few hours, i finally found the cause of the bug here:
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/inputout...ting-files

so, easy fix: mapfile = open(tmpfile, 'wb')

Yup. That did it.

Weather Underground is not displaying the correct temperature for any location. Since I installed Eden 11.0 (final release) on my ATV1 the temperature displayed starts at 32 F and if I press refresh it goes to 132 F and continues to increase each time I refresh all the way up to 1324 F. I have three US locations configured and all of them do the same thing. When I try and change the location of any of them, using the location selector and typing a city name I get no results found. I have installed Weather Plus also and it also displays the wrong temp. Also note that the temps have a yellow slash line through them.

Any ideas how to start troubleshooting? Would a log file help?
(2012-03-28, 03:49)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 00:11)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-27, 00:17)pkscuot Wrote: EDIT: I installed the stock Eden build and got the same result. A gif downloads, and it has a size, but no readable information in it.

thanx pkscuot, i've decided to give windows a shot as well and got the same issue.
after scratching my head for a few hours, i finally found the cause of the bug here:
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/inputout...ting-files

so, easy fix: mapfile = open(tmpfile, 'wb')

Yup. That did it.

I want to thank Ronie and pkscuot for all of your hard work on this. I am running Eden Final with pkscout's and Jeez's Confluence Vertical mods, and this skin and weather is looking awesome! This is my noobie question: what file should I make the map fix in?

(2012-03-28, 16:44)snavaro Wrote: I want to thank Ronie and pkscuot for all of your hard work on this. I am running Eden Final with pkscout's and Jeez's Confluence Vertical mods, and this skin and weather is looking awesome! This is my noobie question: what file should I make the map fix in?

I'm hardly working, just testing, but thanks. Tongue

The file you need to update is default.py in the addon's directory. On Windows it'll be something like C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Roaming/XMBC/addons/weather.wunderground

Just use a text editor and seach for 'mapfile' (without the quotes).
(2012-03-28, 15:09)nunz56 Wrote: Weather Underground is not displaying the correct temperature for any location. Since I installed Eden 11.0 (final release) on my ATV1 the temperature displayed starts at 32 F and if I press refresh it goes to 132 F and continues to increase each time I refresh all the way up to 1324 F. I have three US locations configured and all of them do the same thing. When I try and change the location of any of them, using the location selector and typing a city name I get no results found. I have installed Weather Plus also and it also displays the wrong temp. Also note that the temps have a yellow slash line through them.

make sure this setting is disabled:
Settings > Network > Internet access > Use an http proxy

if that's not the issue, post a Debug Log.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-03-28, 19:09)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 16:44)snavaro Wrote: I want to thank Ronie and pkscuot for all of your hard work on this. I am running Eden Final with pkscout's and Jeez's Confluence Vertical mods, and this skin and weather is looking awesome! This is my noobie question: what file should I make the map fix in?

I'm hardly working, just testing, but thanks. Tongue

The file you need to update is default.py in the addon's directory. On Windows it'll be something like C:/Users/<user>/AppData/Roaming/XMBC/addons/weather.wunderground

Just use a text editor and seach for 'mapfile' (without the quotes).

Found it. The map now appears and looks sweet! Thanks!:Wink
(2012-03-28, 19:34)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 15:09)nunz56 Wrote: Weather Underground is not displaying the correct temperature for any location. Since I installed Eden 11.0 (final release) on my ATV1 the temperature displayed starts at 32 F and if I press refresh it goes to 132 F and continues to increase each time I refresh all the way up to 1324 F. I have three US locations configured and all of them do the same thing. When I try and change the location of any of them, using the location selector and typing a city name I get no results found. I have installed Weather Plus also and it also displays the wrong temp. Also note that the temps have a yellow slash line through them.

make sure this setting is disabled:
Settings > Network > Internet access > Use an http proxy

if that's not the issue, post a debug log.

Thanks for the quick reply!
That fixed it! Had to reboot for it to take effect. Not sure how that setting got set, I don't ever remember setting it. Does Eden default to that?

No matter, it's working! Happy again!!
Hi Smile before this goes too far might I suggust that we come up with a standard way of showing this info so we really don't need all the extra BS in skins like one for every different addon out there eg: like in the confluence mod posted here
PHP Code:
    <include condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground)">Wunderground10DayForcast</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground)">Wunderground36HourForcast</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground)">WundergroundWeekendForcast</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground)">WundergroundHourlyForcast</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground)">WundergroundMapsVideo</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.weatherplus)">Weather+10DayForcast</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.weatherplus)">Weather+36HourForcast</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.weatherplus)">Weather+WeekendForcast</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.weatherplus)">Weather+HourlyForcast</include>
<include 
condition="StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.weatherplus)">Weather+MapsVideo</include> 
Now this may belong in a skinning section instead but since Weather Underground is the default weather addon it kind of gets to set the rules on what gets to be displayed Smile and what the labels are called. Smile and looking at the readme.txt of the new addon it looks like ronie has done a nice job with the info labels. My only suggestion would be to remove all the DAILY [1-10] labels and put them back into DAY [0-6] so the current skins wont break and you don't need to worry about having 2 sets of info and visible conditions for each.
Then the skinner can use the IsFetched conditions to display stuff and also do a !IsEmpty() on other things like Day%i.Title to tell if it needs to display that day or not thus if some addons only fetch 3 days then only 3 will show

I know the temptation is to just use the same info labels nuka used in the original to make it easy on the skinner but they were not the best always.
Its either that or we decide to break eden compatability completely and just rename the default labels from DAY to Daily I see no point in having both with its the same info with a different name
how do you make this work on ATV2, I installed the last BETA mentioned on thread but it does not seem to work

Can anyone help me

Thanks all
(2012-03-31, 03:50)Jezz_X Wrote: Hi Smile before this goes too far might I suggust that we come up with a standard way of showing this info so we really don't need all the extra BS in skins like one for every different addon out there

Totally agree

Noli illegitimi carborundum

+1 I reckon a standard set of labels including up to 10 day forecasts , has radar images for a multi image control, maybe up to three related video links, and a whole bunch of standardized current conditions labels. Same for all addons means they can all be skinned in the same way regardless of what actual addon/data source is going on.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-03-31, 03:50)Jezz_X Wrote: Now this may belong in a skinning section instead but since Weather Underground is the default weather addon it kind of gets to set the rules on what gets to be displayed Smile and what the labels are called. Smile and looking at the readme.txt of the new addon it looks like ronie has done a nice job with the info labels. My only suggestion would be to remove all the DAILY [1-10] labels and put them back into DAY [0-6] so the current skins wont break and you don't need to worry about having 2 sets of info and visible conditions for each.
Then the skinner can use the IsFetched conditions to display stuff and also do a !IsEmpty() on other things like Day%i.Title to tell if it needs to display that day or not thus if some addons only fetch 3 days then only 3 will show

Yea, that mod was pretty much a total hack job. Wink

Along with label names, I think we also need to address (if possible) whether the data returned is going to include things like degree symbols, percent signs, etc. One of the reasons I ended up with two sets of files is that weather+ doesn't return any symbols, so the skinner has to include them. The current weather underground beta does return degree symbols (and scale), but not the percent sign (well, most of the time anyway).

I feel there is value in maintaining backward compatibility with the basic labels that skins use now even if it means having two labels with the same value. The current stuff could be depreciated and set for removal at a later date. That would give us a chance to get all the skinners to update their skins.
i'm basically using the same infolabels as weather.com to make it as easy as possible for skins to support both.

the reason for using both day[0-6] and daily.[1-10] is the fact xbmc handles localization (C -> F, km/h -> mph) for the day[0-6] ones.
if an addon want to provide a forecast for more than 7 days it has to handle the localization itself, hence the need for a separate infolabel.

i would prefer to completely drop all internal weather infolabels and fully let the weather addon handle them.
if (and when) we get that done, i'm all for only using day[0-whatever] labels in order not to break backward compatibility.

as for the weather units, it'll be the addons' job most of the time anyway (skin won't have a clue whether to display km/h or mph),
so for me it makes sense to provide the units for all infolabels.

(2012-03-31, 13:51)pkscuot Wrote: The current weather underground beta does return degree symbols (and scale), but not the percent sign (well, most of the time anyway).

heh, cheers...will fix that :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Weather underground starts with the follwing error:

Script failed: weather.wunderground

Log is pasted here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1124
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2012-04-01, 14:42)bandelguy Wrote: Weather underground starts with the follwing error:

Script failed: weather.wunderground

Log is pasted here:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1124

thanx mate!

will fix that one of course :-)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Underground1