• 35(current)
Broken Weather Underground
Sounds like too many hits from XBMC.
Here also not working anymore. Any solution ?
I wonder if this has anything to do with the xbmc mirrors being donw while servers being moved and its caused some freak flood to the weather or if they finally had enough and cut xbmc api key off.
I thought they were supposed to be a sponsor..
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not anymore, the sponsorship run out some months ago. I believe there was supposed to be an updated version of the add-on pushed to the repo where you supply your own API key, not sure if this has happened.
No the version of addon hasnt been pushed IIRC its code is there. https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/weather.w...rsonal_api <<-- that also reintroduces a bug double degree on 36hour anyway, havent tested that in any case

However I tried several api keys that I know work and base64 encoded the keys and replaced https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/weather.w...ound.py#L6

Still doesn't work, however the keys I used did work via direct request on browser see http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/.../geolookup

To me that says not a so much as key issue but rather something must have changed the with their api as well or no idea and addon probably then requires update to reflect that Im still trying to see what changed in api (not that I have a clew how to fix it if it did)

ok, via terminal

Code:
echo 'apikey' | base64
seem that the key isnt mangled that way, however while weatherwunderground return no key errors it still says

12:30:31 T:140579165955840 DEBUG: weather.wunderground: weather download failed

So back to square one, the api must have changed somehow.

reference to key error which prompted above tests

(2014-10-14, 09:48)xbmcwayist Wrote: This add-on stopped working for me yesterday. Using XBMC's debugging and Weather Underground's Add-on's logging option, here is what my xbmc.log said:

Code:
01:47:11 T:2744994624   DEBUG: weather.wunderground: forecast data:
                                            {
                                              "response": {
                                              "version":"0.1",
                                              "termsofService":"http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/d/terms.html",
                                              "features": {
                                              }
                                                "error": {
                                                    "type": "invalidkey"
                                                    ,"description": "this key is not valid due to exceeding rate plan"
                                                }
                                                }
                                            }

Did they update their service or something and the Add-on hasn't updated for it? As there is no way to create an account I am unsure how I exceeded any rate plan.
I have the same problem, but wonder if the problem is in xbmc.

I installed yahoo weather and I still get 32F, so if it was only wunderground it should have worked.

Is this the same for all of you or do I have other problems?
(2014-10-14, 14:09)thoklo Wrote: I have the same problem, but wonder if the problem is in xbmc.

I installed yahoo weather and I still get 32F, so if it was only wunderground it should have worked.

Is this the same for all of you or do I have other problems?

Have you read the last 7 posts? No its not only you.
I was able to get it working again by signing up for my own API key from the weather underground website, for 500 hits a day it's free. I inverted they key, and then encoded the key in python and updated wunderground.py with the new key and it works again.
(2014-10-14, 16:38)Jcoder Wrote: I inverted they key, and then encoded the key in python and updated wunderground.py with the new key and it works again.

Great!

How do mere mortals do this? Any dummy instructions? Or should we wait for a fix?

Thanks
Exclamation 
good things come and good things go... this addon is no longer functional

@all: please use OpenWeatherMap Extended from now on.

@wunderground: a big thanx for letting us use your api all this years. it's been a pleasure.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
For Kodi Jarvis (and up...)

see first post and let me know if there's any issues.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Link to the .zip File doesnt work.

Was i maybe just to fast.

Thanks for the Update!

Did use the old Weatherundergrund with Isengard.

Regards.
fixed now. thanx for the heads-up!
Thanks

and Thanks for sharing.

will give it a Testdrive during the next view Days and Report if i finde some issues (a deeper test may need some time, as i use Jarvis at the Moment only as portable Mode beside the Main Installation, and arnt to familiar right at the Moment with the new Recource Addons.)

Angel

Will see how it does "open weathermap" worked fine for me as far as tested.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Underground1