Harmony 900
Does anyone know how to access video OSD from the Logitech Harmony 900 remote? Is it possible to access XBMC video OSD (during the playback) with *any* remote?
Thanks,
- sgreen
Have you added MCE Keyboard to devices? if not add it and then in customize you can add MCE Keyboard and M for OSD

Note: I have it on Additional Buttons and labeled it OSD so it's on my touch screen

Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
indiejones Wrote:Have you added MCE Keyboard to devices? if not add it and then in customize you can add MCE Keyboard and M for OSD

Note: I have it on Additional Buttons and labeled it OSD so it's on my touch screen

[img]

Thank you indiejones, but I do not have the keyboard in the devices to select from. How did you add it? Also it does not look like a harmony 900 in the screen you are showing, or am I looking in the wrong place?

- sgreen
Yes I have an Harmony One in my setup but have setup many Harmony 900 and it's pretty much the same... I have added a screenshot for a Harmony 900

Go to Device setup

Device: Computer - Media Center PC
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: MCE Keyboard

Once you have done that you need to add MCE Keyboard to the XBMC Activity

then go in to the Activites/Customize Buttons/Soft Buttons

Add some text ie: OSD select MCE Keyboard - M

Done!

Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

indiejones Wrote:Yes I have an Harmony One in my setup but have setup many Harmony 900 and it's pretty much the same... I have added a screenshot for a Harmony 900

Go to Device setup

Device: Computer - Media Center PC
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: MCE Keyboard

Once you have done that you need to add MCE Keyboard to the XBMC Activity

then go in to the Activites/Customize Buttons/Soft Buttons

Add some text ie: OSD select MCE Keyboard - M

Done!

Thank you! It looks like as you were typing the post I was finding out how it is done, and I already did exactly as you describe. I just went through the keyboard keys with my wife, and so we know what to map to the remote. Might you also know, both L and T allow to cycle through the subtitles, which key would be to change the language? I did not seem to find any.

Thank you for help,

- sgreen
You could have a look here

Arrgggg .. now it does not work. My device is Xtreamer ultra, and it responds to remote only if it is setup as Xtreamer ultra. Harmony remote does not recognize the device when it is setup as a Media Center PC, Microsoft, whatever ... Here is what it looks like,

http://xtreamer.net/ultra/

.. and of course, when I set it up as Xtreamer, there is no possibility to map keyboard to the remote keys. Which leaves no option to access Video OSD (along with many other functions), unless I use the keyboard. Well, if I use the keyboard then I do not need to the remote, which makes the entire experience tedious at best. And the strangest part is that I can not access OSD even with the remote that came with the device. It is senseless, but that's what it is. Anyone has suggestions, ideas?

Thx,

- sgreen
Is there anyway you could create an additional button/buttons then (RAW Learn them from your keyboard and assign it to that button/buttons

If no joy head over here and post there... I'm sure the member called logiciel would be able to sort your problem out "if anyone can he can"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 9000