[AppleTV2] uPnP duplicates
I'm having problems with my movie library from a synology ds211j connected to atv2 through upnp. Connection, streaming and so on works fine. But in the lists that show me the movies I have duplicate entries for some movies. Sometimes up to 3. I deleted the db, recreated, did a cleanup and also deleted the upnp source and created it new. On the other hand some movies are not shown. On my ps3 and on my samsung tv filelists are shown correctly (though they are not sorted correctly).

I have latest ios on atv and latest xbmc pre-11.0 installed.

Any idea about this?
Since upnp urls are dynamic and can change i think it is not the best idea to use upnp along with library ... just my 2 cents
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Since upnp urls are dynamic and can change i think it is not the best idea to use upnp along with library ... just my 2 cents

I'm not using xbmc library, I was talking about my movie library, i.e. the collection of movies on my NAS.

I see the duplicated files when I go to movies->files->nasdrive->moviefolder

The files on the server are like

movie1.mkv
movie2.mkv
movie3.mkv
movie4.mkv

but xbmc shows me over upnp

movie1
movie2
movie2
movie2
movie4

while PS3 and TV shows me the correct list.

So it seems xbmc has some problem to create the list of available movies.
Can I see in any log file the original list of movies that xbmc received from the dlna server?
Is this only a problem on atv2 / iphone / ipad or could you reproduce this on a PC running XBMC aswell? Do you have ssh/telnet access to the NAS? If so do a ls -al in one of the folders which show doubled files and see if there hidden folders in it like ".AppleDouble" which hold the same files again or so.

Might be even worth a try to disable hidden files in system settings of XBMC (can't remember where the setting was exactly ...)

All that about hidden files is only a very rough guess
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Is this only a problem on atv2 / iphone / ipad or could you reproduce this on a PC running XBMC aswell? Do you have ssh/telnet access to the NAS? If so do a ls -al in one of the folders which show doubled files and see if there hidden folders in it like ".AppleDouble" which hold the same files again or so.

Might be even worth a try to disable hidden files in system settings of XBMC (can't remember where the setting was exactly ...)

All that about hidden files is only a very rough guess

With the duplicates, yes, only on ATV. I checked for hidden files already as I'm using a mac but no dot-files at all. But I just solved it. Somebody else gave me the hint to check the strange files by copying it into a subfolder, did so and once I had created the folder and deleted it afterwards all the original files are now shown correctly suddenly. Don't know why, but it works Big Grin

Apple TV 2 uPnP duplicates:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1075064

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] uPnP duplicates0