• 132(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
(2013-12-25, 11:37)voyagerxp Wrote: Can i set 3d movies in mkv to run in xbmc via power dvd instead of xbmc using the External Player Codes.

Easiest way would be to add a new player/rule to your playercorefactory.xml. Example -

<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>

Then add a new rule for the new player (make sure this rule is before any other MKV rules) -

<rule filename=".*3D.*" filetypes="mkv" player="PowerDVD"/>

Note - Change the path highlighted in Red to match the patch of PowerDVD.
Note - You must have your 3D MKV files named differently to 2D files for the rule t work, example - "avatar.3D.mkv"
(2013-12-27, 10:28)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 03:48)jjmucker Wrote: wohoo finally got it working.
now does anyone know if theres a way to just have it open tmt6 with iso file? all my other movies are non iso and can play ok inside xbmc?
thank you all

You can use the following rule (all other unneeded filetype rules can be deleted) -

<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>

Replace "ISO_BDMV_Player" with the name of the player in your playercorefactory.xml

Thanks pal but im a little lost, not really good at this stuff. this is what my playercorefactory looks like just now. so basically i want to use tmt6 to open just iso files, all other file types i want to just use xbmc default player. I can do this manually if i bring up yhe context menu and highlight "play using" and selecting dvdplayer for everything except .iso file, but i figured there must be a way to do this automatically?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\JJs_MediaPc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\JJs_MediaPc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
That hasn't worked acejh1987, i wrote this below into my playercorefactory.xml.

<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PowerDVD13.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*3D." player="PowerDVD"/>

when i click on a 3d.mkv movie xbmc seems go and come back and then shows me Click OK when playback has ended and won't let me do anything unless i click ok. No power dvd starts & after i click ok i can select a movie.
(2013-12-27, 16:36)voyagerxp Wrote: That hasn't worked acejh1987, i wrote this below into my playercorefactory.xml.

when i click on a 3d.mkv movie xbmc seems go and come back and then shows me Click OK when playback has ended and won't let me do anything unless i click ok. No power dvd starts & after i click ok i can select a movie.

I don't have PowerDVD 13 to test, but try using "PDVDLP.exe" instead of "PowerDVD13.exe" and see if that works.
Also you have a small typo in your rule -
".*3D." needs to be ".*3D.*"

(2013-12-27, 14:47)jjmucker Wrote: Thanks pal but im a little lost, not really good at this stuff. this is what my playercorefactory looks like just now. so basically i want to use tmt6 to open just iso files, all other file types i want to just use xbmc default player. I can do this manually if i bring up yhe context menu and highlight "play using" and selecting dvdplayer for everything except .iso file, but i figured there must be a way to do this automatically?

The following playercorefactory.xml should work how you want it too. -

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\JJs_MediaPc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Thanks acejh1987 PowerDVD starts up great but when i press stop i get the screen below.

How do i solve this?
Thank you acejh1987 Smile
Out of interest, do you think XBMC will ever be able to play these the way external players play them?
(2013-12-27, 21:15)voyagerxp Wrote: Thanks acejh1987 PowerDVD starts up great but when i press stop i get the screen below.
How do i solve this?

Sorry not entirely sure how to fix it, perhaps someone familar with PDVD can help (does Alt + F4 work to close PDVD?)

(2013-12-27, 22:06)jjmucker Wrote: Thank you acejh1987 Smile
Out of interest, do you think XBMC will ever be able to play these the way external players play them?

I doubt it, not anytime soon anyway.
(2013-12-28, 12:25)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 21:15)voyagerxp Wrote: Thanks acejh1987 PowerDVD starts up great but when i press stop i get the screen below.
How do i solve this?

Sorry not entirely sure how to fix it, perhaps someone familar with PDVD can help (does Alt + F4 work to close PDVD?)

Yes power dvd closes fine with Alt+F4, i didn't think of that and with me having a Harmony One remote i can set the Alt+F4 command. I see a lot of people use mpc-hc64 instead of using the built in player in xbmc, why is this?. At first all i was looking at was setting Power Dvd to run my 3d mkv's but if there is better benefits with using external players i'd like to set this.
(2013-12-28, 12:44)voyagerxp Wrote: I see a lot of people use mpc-hc64 instead of using the built in player in xbmc, why is this?

It's more down to personal preference. MPC-HC is more customizable - for example it can be setup with different renders like madVR.
It just depends on what a particular user prefers.
I've seen that madVR don't support MPC-HC x64, is that right?.

How many xbmc users use madVR.
Need some help guys,.

i've always used DVDPasskey to play Blu-ray discs via XBMC default player in the Aeon Nox main menu. I now want to use PowerDVD 13 to play the movies I've edited my playercorefactory and the PlayDisc.bat, But when i click play movie in my Aeon Nox main menu and PowerDVD 13 starts up and goes to play the disk but i just get a black screen. If i start PowerDVD 13 from the original shortcut or click the PlayDisc bat outside of XBMC the movie starts fine. Anyone seen this and now how to solve this?

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD13" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\steven\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
<player name="MPCHC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
<filename>C:\Users\steven\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray 3D MKV/MP4 -->
<rule filename=".*3D.*" filetypes="mkv|mp4" player="PowerDVD13"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4" player="MPCHC_Player"/>

@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\PDVDLP.exe" E:
"Note: make sure to Enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/settings/system/video output...... "
"Make sure your path is exactly C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD13\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema13.exe"
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I haven't got an PowerDVDCinema13.exe and i have Use fullscreen window rather than true full screen selected.
voyager - Everything looks good to me, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

You could post the contents of your logfile at xbmcLogs or Pastebin just in case something weird is happening.
(2014-01-01, 22:12)acejh1987 Wrote: voyager - Everything looks good to me, I don't see why it shouldn't work.

You could post the contents of your logfile at xbmcLogs or Pastebin just in case something weird is happening.

Here's my log below.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=104664
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13