• 20(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
Ryan00 Wrote:No a lot of people are having this prob with ati drivers.what kind of video card are you using and if its ati what drivers are you using ?
I'm using both AMD/ATI & Nvidia GPU's on 3 HTPC's. I'm using the latest AMD 12.1 driver. I compared my GT430 with AMD HD6450/HD5570 on several BD's, I don't see any different on my 56" HDTV. For AMD GPU, I disabled everything in CC Video->Quality and enabled Video->Quality->Enforce smooth video playback! Smile

I know a lot of guys in here with AMD GPU's, and they are very happy with their AMD GPU's too! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ryan00 Wrote:Okay so I got xbmc to use tmt 5 to play blu ray thanks . Now I was wondering if I could do the same thing but I want mce player to play only my DVDs ? Anyone have any idea?
Again I want xbmc to use mce player to play my DVD movies any idea how I could do this , thanks for any help.
Do you mean you want Windows 7 MCE to playback DVD and TMT5 to playback bluray?
bluray Wrote:There is nothing in the bat file to change TMT5 UI. You should be able to setup TMT5 UI within TMT5 UI. How is your UI look? If you want, you can do Alt+PrintScrees and post JPG of your TMT5 screen so I can see what it is.

After external player launch, you shouldn't see XBMC GUI.

It's not the xbmc gui. When I start TMT5 from the shortcut on my windows7 desktop it starts with the default tmt5 playback controls.
When I start it from within xbmc using the xml file in my previous post the default controls are gone and instead it has the windows7 media center playback controls in the lower right side of the screen. I don't want the windows media center controls, I want the standard ones that TMT5 has when I start it from my desktop.
bluray Wrote:Do you mean you want Windows 7 MCE to playback DVD and TMT5 to playback bluray?

Yes thanks again
dawsonmobley Wrote:It's not the xbmc gui. When I start TMT5 from the shortcut on my windows7 desktop it starts with the default tmt5 playback controls.
When I start it from within xbmc using the xml file in my previous post the default controls are gone and instead it has the windows7 media center playback controls in the lower right side of the screen. I don't want the windows media center controls, I want the standard ones that TMT5 has when I start it from my desktop.
Okay, I think that I know exactly what you want now. I made changes to .bat files, and you can download it from here- PlayDisc.bat, PlayBDMV.bat and PlayISO.bat.

For stable playback, I'm recommending that you replace "false" with "true" on these lines in playercorefactory for all players.

type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
Ryan00 Wrote:Yes thanks again
I'm not sure why do you want to do that. XBMC can playback DVD as well as MCE. If you want, you can set XBMC to playback DVD and TMT5 to playback BD.
bluray Wrote:It should!

yeah it worked but minus the menus etc, and it only plays like the first stream and thats it.

annoying that it works with menus etc for everything with dvd iso's but not bluray iso's lol.

still have issues making it work with external player JUST for bluray isos
frieten Wrote:yeah it worked but minus the menus etc, and it only plays like the first stream and thats it.

annoying that it works with menus etc for everything with dvd iso's but not bluray iso's lol.

still have issues making it work with external player JUST for bluray isos
Beta 3 should playback BD ISO without external player and VCD.

If you want menus, previews, chapters, etc, you need to use external player. You can do as following:
A. Download
1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO
B. Save all files in Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
C. Changes Dell with the user of your HTPC in playercorefactory
1.C:\UsersDell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat
2.C:\UsersDell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat
3.C:\UsersDell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat
D. Make sure that TMT5 directory is correct in .bat files and .xml file- C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe

It should playback BD ISO, Disc and other files using external player!
bluray Wrote:Beta 3 should playback BD ISO without external player and VCD.

If you want menus, previews, chapters, etc, you need to use external player. You can do as following:
A. Download
1. Playcorefactory
2. PlayBDMV
3. PlayDisc
4. PlayISO
B. Save all files in Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder
C. Changes Dell with the user of your HTPC in playercorefactory
1.C:\UsersDell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat
2.C:\UsersDell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat
3.C:\UsersDell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat
D. Make sure that TMT5 directory is correct in .bat files and .xml file- C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe

It should playback BD ISO, Disc and other files using external player!

yeah i have beta 3

also
yes i've done all that but it opens up dvd iso and other files as well. i ONLY want it to open BD ISO.

the other issue i have is unless i actually manually open TMT5 first, it wont switch to it from xbmc.

i think with the new bitstream patch from DanielaE i can live without the menus etc and will just keep doing what im doing and using the .m2ts files on there own since xbmc has no trouble playing them.
bluray Wrote:Okay, I think that I know exactly what you want now. I made changes to .bat files, and you can download it from here- PlayDisc.bat, PlayBDMV.bat and PlayISO.bat.

For stable playback, I'm recommending that you replace "false" with "true" on these lines in playercorefactory for all players.

type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

Thanks man!...that solved that problem. btw the hideconsole line is not in my xml file? did you mean hidecurser? because it has that under each external player.

Also it's not a big deal but after these changes when I hit playdisc in xbmc it now goes back to my desktop for a few seconds and then tmt5 starts in a window and it doesn't go full screen until the disc starts playing.... is there a switch I can change so I don't see the desktop and so that tmt5 is full screen when it starts up?

edit: I changed all the hidebmc lines back to false and now I don't see the desktop while tmt5 is loading. Is it going to cause any problems to leave those false? It seems to be working fine for now at least.

Thanks for the help, I didn't know the bat files had to be changed nor do I know how to even open one to change it.
frieten Wrote:yeah i have beta 3

also
yes i've done all that but it opens up dvd iso and other files as well. i ONLY want it to open BD ISO.

the other issue i have is unless i actually manually open TMT5 first, it wont switch to it from xbmc.

i think with the new bitstream patch from DanielaE i can live without the menus etc and will just keep doing what im doing and using the .m2ts files on there own since xbmc has no trouble playing them.
You can try this Playercorefactory.xml. You need to name your BD ISO in this format- Kung Fu Panda2_bd.iso. It should launch TMT5 from XBMC when playback BD ISO. You need to setup TMT5 as shown below:

bluray Wrote:You can try this Playercorefactory.xml. You need to name your BD ISO in this format- Kung Fu Panda2_bd.iso. It should launch TMT5 from XBMC when playback BD ISO. You need to setup TMT5 as shown below:

alright thanks will give it a go, do i need to name ALL my bd iso that name? lol

nvm i figured it out once i read the .xml. just need to add _bd.iso to the end of the file name.
bluray Wrote:Beta 3 should playback BD ISO without external player and VCD.

hmm didn't know that,
is it still possibe to switch audio/subs ?
the issue i had with the external player bat files that it somehow sometimes started to hog the system like the script would crash.
(when playing blu-ray folder structure)
if i removed the script everything played fine
using TMT3 as external player.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
In my HTPC running windows7 Ultimate I have a bluray drive to play Blurays.
I want to user PowerDVD12 to play Bluray disc when inserted in the drive, and I want PowerDVD12 to play bluray iso files.

I'm not using TMT5 or MPC home theatre. I installed AnyDVD HD trial, VirtualCloneDrive and PowerDVD12
The drive letter of the bluray drive is E:
I'm running XBMC 10.1 with the MQ2 skin

I've created the following files as stated in this thread:

Playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
                        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
        </player>
      <player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
        </player>
          <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
          <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
</players>
    <rules action="prepend">
    <!-- Bluray ISO -->
    <rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
    <!-- Bluray BDMV -->
    <rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
    <!-- Bluray MKV -->
    <rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
    <!-- Bluray M2TS -->
    <rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
    <!-- Bluray Disc -->
    <rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayBDMV.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

PlayDisc.bat
Code:
@echo off
rem place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\

"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:

PlayISO.bat
Code:
@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

I placed the files in the userdate directory. Are these files correct?

When inserting a bluray disc, I can see that the disc is detected in windows.
But how can I manage to play that disc with XBMC? I can't find any external player menu with a play button...
dawsonmobley Wrote:Thanks man!...that solved that problem. btw the hideconsole line is not in my xml file? did you mean hidecurser? because it has that under each external player.

Thanks for the help, I didn't know the bat files had to be changed nor do I know how to even open one to change it.
I'm glad that it works out for you. As long as your CPU/GPU have enough fire power to handle both TMT5 and XBMC at the same time without stutter, you should be fine. When you set it to "false", it'll use a lot of CPU/GPU. If you encounter any stutter problem, you can set it as shown below (you can simply replace all 4 lines under <filename> in playercorefactory):

<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13