• 19(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
collegebored Wrote:purely for BluRay playback, everything else uses default xbmc player
I'm glad that it work out for you. If you want to playback BluRay without all the extras, XBMC can playback BD with "Play Disc" without external player too! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:I'm glad that it work out for you. If you want to playback BluRay without all the extras, XBMC can playback BD with "Play Disc" without external player too! Smile

ack i updated my previous post 8mintes after you posted this. the solution that "worked" for me basically made powerdvd the default player for everything so it played blurays. i can specify rules for every other type of content and use powerdvd as default player (which would only actually play blurays), but that seems like a really bad solution..

i went ahead and tried anyDVD HD, that works even without external players, seamlessly plays bluray in xbmc default player. how does this even work, i was under impression a separate player was required to play blurays in xbmc? either way, i really dont wanna buy anyDVD.

oh well, thanks again for your time. im gonna use anydvd untill it expires and then revert to poweredvd as default player with specific rules for all other content.
collegebored Wrote:i went ahead and tried anyDVD HD, that works even without external players, seamlessly plays bluray in xbmc default player. how does this even work, i was under impression a separate player was required to play blurays in xbmc? either way, i really dont wanna buy anyDVD.
It is the magic of AnyDVD HD. It do all the above in the background, which allow BD to playback with XBMC "Play Disc" option.

Here is what AnyDVD HD do in the background:
Same features as regular AnyDVD
Removes restrictions from Blu-ray media.
Makes Blu-ray media playable with every player software.
Removes region codes from Blu-ray media.
Watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP-compliant graphics card and without HDCP-compliant display.
Removes annoyances
Can disable BD-Live to protect your privacy
Allows playback of discs requiring a 3D monitor on 2D displays
The "must have" utility for the serious home theater enthusiast using a media center / home theater PC.
Provides its own Universal Disk Format (UDF) reader, no need to install 3rd party filesystem. Discs which cannot be read by Windows can be copied using AnyDVD HD.

If you want XBMC to natively bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD audio, you can download this latest XBMC patches- "XBMC Beta3 + HD-Audio + Global AV Delay"! Smile
bluray Wrote:It is the magic of AnyDVD HD. It do all the above in the background, which allow BD to playback with XBMC "Play Disc" option.

Here is what AnyDVD HD do in the background:
Same features as regular AnyDVD
Removes restrictions from Blu-ray media.
Makes Blu-ray media playable with every player software.
Removes region codes from Blu-ray media.
Watch movies over digital display connection, without HDCP-compliant graphics card and without HDCP-compliant display.
Removes annoyances
Can disable BD-Live to protect your privacy
Allows playback of discs requiring a 3D monitor on 2D displays
The "must have" utility for the serious home theater enthusiast using a media center / home theater PC.
Provides its own Universal Disk Format (UDF) reader, no need to install 3rd party filesystem. Discs which cannot be read by Windows can be copied using AnyDVD HD.

If you want XBMC to natively bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD audio, you can download this latest XBMC patches- "XBMC Beta3 + HD-Audio + Global AV Delay"! Smile

hmm interesting i tried the trial and it didn't do any of this stuff for me lol.

so if i try it again do i have to go thru the xbmc "play disc" option? and it will just play the bluray with menus etc straight from xbmc?
frieten Wrote:hmm interesting i tried the trial and it didn't do any of this stuff for me lol.

so if i try it again do i have to go thru the xbmc "play disc" option? and it will just play the bluray with menus etc straight from xbmc?
Don't get confuse, AnyDVD HD is not a media player. It'll do its magic in the background when you load BD in BD-ROM, and it'll allow you to playback your movie with XBMC "Play Disc" option.

Make sure to reboot your HTPC after you install it though!
Okay so it sounds like you can play blu ray Disks with just having anydvd HD installed on your system and using the default player using xbmc Eden beta 3 . Why would you need to install all the other players for? Also does it play native 1080p?

I guess if you didn't want to use anydvd HD you could use tmt5 or a external player Right?
Sorry just a little confused here. I own tmt5 but it sucks and always drops frames and skips when I use it. Does it do this in xbmc too?

Think what I'm looking for is a easy way to play blu ray disks in xbmc without a lot of work lol any ideas ?
I'm new to xbmc and trying to figure it out...I got tmt5 to start when I hit playdisc but I don't want to use the mce interface so I changed the exe to the normal exe for tmt5 but it still has the mce interface in tmt5 when I play a disc.

here's my xml script, can anyone tell me why it won't start tmt5 with the default "skin"

thanks,
Dawson

I'm using the eden beta btw

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dawson\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dawson\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Users\Dawson\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uLaunchTMT5.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename=".*iso.*" player="ISO_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray BDMV -->
<rule filename=".*bdmv.*" player="BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray MKV -->
<rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray M2TS -->
<rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
bluray Wrote:Don't get confuse, AnyDVD HD is not a media player. It'll do its magic in the background when you load BD in BD-ROM, and it'll allow you to playback your movie with XBMC "Play Disc" option.

Make sure to reboot your HTPC after you install it though!

ok so in that case it should work with ISO images loaded on a virtual drive right?
Ryan00 Wrote:Okay so it sounds like you can play blu ray Disks with just having anydvd HD installed on your system and using the default player using xbmc Eden beta 3 . Why would you need to install all the other players for? Also does it play native 1080p?
I don't have any issue using XBMC to playback BD in full 1080P video with DTS-HD/TrueHD audio. I want to enjoy all the original BD menus, previews, chapters, etc, and external player (TMT5) can do all of that!

Ryan00 Wrote:I guess if you didn't want to use anydvd HD you could use tmt5 or a external player Right?
Yes; if you use TMT5 as XBMC external player, you don't have to use AnyDVD HD.

Ryan00 Wrote:Sorry just a little confused here. I own tmt5 but it sucks and always drops frames and skips when I use it. Does it do this in xbmc too?
If you are having problem droping frames and skips, you're more likely to have the same problem with XBMC. It's probably related to your CPU and GPU.

Ryan00 Wrote:Think what I'm looking for is a easy way to play blu ray disks in xbmc without a lot of work lol any ideas ?
If you just want to pop a BD in BD-ROM, you might not even need XBMC. You can simply set your HTPC to autoplay with TMT5. TMT5 will playback BD on BD-ROM everytime, and no headache. People is using XBMC mostly for library and playback ripped BD files!
dawsonmobley Wrote:I'm new to xbmc and trying to figure it out...I got tmt5 to start when I hit playdisc but I don't want to use the mce interface so I changed the exe to the normal exe for tmt5 but it still has the mce interface in tmt5 when I play a disc.

here's my xml script, can anyone tell me why it won't start tmt5 with the default "skin"

thanks,
Dawson

I'm using the eden beta btw
I'm suggesting to replace these lines to "true" as shown below:

<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

You can setup TMT5 within TMT5 settings menu for it to automatically playback in fullscreen too!
frieten Wrote:ok so in that case it should work with ISO images loaded on a virtual drive right?
It should!
bluray Wrote:I'm suggesting to replace these lines to "true" as shown below:

<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

You can setup TMT5 within TMT5 settings menu for it to automatically playback in fullscreen too!

Thanks for the reply, I tried what you said and it didn't change anything. Any other ideas? Is there maybe anything in one of the three .bat files it uses that might cause it not to start tmt5 with the default interface?
Okay so I got xbmc to use tmt 5 to play blu ray thanks . Now I was wondering if I could do the same thing but I want mce player to play only my DVDs ? Anyone have any idea?
Again I want xbmc to use mce player to play my DVD movies any idea how I could do this , thanks for any help.
bluray Wrote:I don't have any issue using XBMC to playback BD in full 1080P video with DTS-HD/TrueHD audio. I want to enjoy all the original BD menus, previews, chapters, etc, and external player (TMT5) can do all of that!

Yes; if you use TMT5 as XBMC external player, you don't have to use AnyDVD HD.

If you are having problem droping frames and skips, you're more likely to have the same problem with XBMC. It's probably related to your CPU and GPU.

If you just want to pop a BD in BD-ROM, you might not even need XBMC. You can simply set your HTPC to autoplay with TMT5. TMT5 will playback BD on BD-ROM everytime, and no headache. People is using XBMC mostly for library and playback ripped BD files!

No a lot of people are having this prob with ati drivers.what kind of video card are you using and if its ati what drivers are you using ?
dawsonmobley Wrote:Thanks for the reply, I tried what you said and it didn't change anything. Any other ideas? Is there maybe anything in one of the three .bat files it uses that might cause it not to start tmt5 with the default interface?
There is nothing in the bat file to change TMT5 UI. You should be able to setup TMT5 UI within TMT5 UI. How is your UI look? If you want, you can do Alt+PrintScrees and post JPG of your TMT5 screen so I can see what it is.

After external player launch, you shouldn't see XBMC GUI.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13