• 32(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
(2012-04-04, 07:35)bluray Wrote: @thewhiteknight,
The correct codes are listed below (make sure that your BD-ROM drive is E: in PlayDisc and available VirtualClone drive is J: in PlayISO. If it is not, you have to change it to the correct drives on your HTPC)-

PlayBDMV:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayBDMV file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit

PlayDisc:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:

PlayISO:
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayISO file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
rem you need to put the correct VCDMount drive letter in the command below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" J:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

Sooooo close!

I had to remove all of the (x86) lines from the strings in the .xml and .bat files. Now when I click on play disc it opens PowerDVD12, however it's only open for a couple of seconds, then it goes back to a black screen. When I click either of my mouse buttons it takes me back to XBMC, which displays a popup that says External Play Active, click OK when playback has ended. Also, PowerDVD12 remains open in a separate window, however it remains at the main PowerDVD12 splash screen, it doesn't start playing the movie.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I've also noticed that when I try to watch a downloaded movie or tv show from XBMC it no longer plays in XBMC instead it opens PowerDVD12 and plays within that, YES, this does auto open/start within PowerDVD12, only problem is, I want to play the movies/tv shows I have on my hard drives through XBMC as it always has. Any solutions to this?
(2012-04-05, 03:59)thewhiteknight Wrote: I've also noticed that when I try to watch a downloaded movie or tv show from XBMC it no longer plays in XBMC instead it opens PowerDVD12 and plays within that, YES, this does auto open/start within PowerDVD12, only problem is, I want to play the movies/tv shows I have on my hard drives through XBMC as it always has. Any solutions to this?
If that is the case, the playercorefactory codes should be a lot shorter. You can delete all the .bat files, and all you need are the simple playercorefactory codes below-

<playercorefactory>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{E:}" /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

If your BD-ROM is not E: drive you need to change it to the correct BD-ROM drive. If PDVD12 don't start the movie automatically after you clicked Play Disc, you can simply press PLAY button to start the movie.

You need to set PDVD12 to "Run full screen" as shown in my screen shot below----
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-05, 05:07)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 03:59)thewhiteknight Wrote: I've also noticed that when I try to watch a downloaded movie or tv show from XBMC it no longer plays in XBMC instead it opens PowerDVD12 and plays within that, YES, this does auto open/start within PowerDVD12, only problem is, I want to play the movies/tv shows I have on my hard drives through XBMC as it always has. Any solutions to this?
If that is the case, the playercorefactory codes should be a lot shorter. You can delete all the .bat files, and all you need are the simple playercorefactory codes below-

<playercorefactory>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

If your BD-ROM is not E: drive you need to change it to the correct BD-ROM drive. If PDVD12 don't start the movie automatically after you clicked Play Disc, you can simply press PLAY button to start the movie.

You need to set PDVD12 to "Run full screen" as shown in my screen shot below----

Ok, I've copied your settings above and pasted them into my playercore, and now I can watch the shows on my hard drives in XBMC again, however XBMC now plays my bluray discs in XBMC to, which would be great except that I don't get dolby truhd or dts HD master audio in XBMC because I updated to Eden 11 final.

Why did the new playercore remove the ability for XBMC to open PowerDVD 12 when I play a bluray disc?

Sorry to be such a pain, I'm kind of a noob at all this and would really like to figure it out.
(2012-04-05, 05:29)thewhiteknight Wrote: Ok, I've copied your settings above and pasted them into my playercore, and now I can watch the shows on my hard drives in XBMC again, however XBMC now plays my bluray discs in XBMC to, which would be great except that I don't get dolby truhd or dts HD master audio in XBMC because I updated to Eden 11 final.

Why did the new playercore remove the ability for XBMC to open PowerDVD 12 when I play a bluray disc?

Sorry to be such a pain, I'm kind of a noob at all this and would really like to figure it out.
If you are using Windows 7 32-bit, you have to replace this line with the correct link on your HTPC- C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe

If your BD-ROM drive is not E: drive, you can replace these two line with the correct BD-ROM drive on your HTPC- <args>"{E:}" /close</args> and <rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

(2012-04-05, 05:48)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 05:29)thewhiteknight Wrote: Ok, I've copied your settings above and pasted them into my playercore, and now I can watch the shows on my hard drives in XBMC again, however XBMC now plays my bluray discs in XBMC to, which would be great except that I don't get dolby truhd or dts HD master audio in XBMC because I updated to Eden 11 final.

If you are using Windows 7 32-bit, you have to replace this line with the correct link on your HTPC- C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe

If your BD-ROM drive is not E: drive, you can replace these two line with the correct BD-ROM drive on your HTPC- <args>"{E:}" /close</args> and <rule name="Blu-Ray" filename="E:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv" player="Disc_Player"/>

Yes, I am using Windows 7 32-bit, and that line is the same link on my system. Also, my Blu-ray drive is E:, so neither of those lines need any changes.
(2012-04-05, 05:59)thewhiteknight Wrote: Yes, I am using Windows 7 32-bit, and that line is the same link on my system. Also, my Blu-ray drive is E:, so neither of those lines need any changes.
Sorry, it is my fault. I made change in blue. Here are the correct codes-

<playercorefactory>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

(2012-04-05, 07:06)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 05:59)thewhiteknight Wrote: Yes, I am using Windows 7 32-bit, and that line is the same link on my system. Also, my Blu-ray drive is E:, so neither of those lines need any changes.
Sorry, it is my fault. I made change in blue. Here are the correct codes-

No need to apologize, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am with this.

I'll change that when I get home from work tonight and will report back, until then, fingers crossed.
(2012-04-05, 05:59)thewhiteknight Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 05:48)bluray Wrote:

Yes, I am using Windows 7 32-bit, and that line is the same link on my system. Also, my Blu-ray drive is E:, so neither of those lines need any changes.
Are you sure you are using W7 32-bit? To make sure, you can right/click on "Computer" and then scroll down to "Properties". You'll see what operating system you have under "System Type". If it is W7 32-bit, PDVD12 exec directory should be "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe". As you can see there is no x86 in W7 32-bit directory.....the directory have to be correct according to your HTPC for playercorefactory to work right......
(2012-04-05, 16:01)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 05:59)thewhiteknight Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 05:48)bluray Wrote: If you are using Windows 7 32-bit, you have to replace this line with the correct link on your HTPC- C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe

Are you sure you are using W7 32-bit? To make sure, you can right/click on "Computer" and then scroll down to "Properties". You'll see what operating system you have under "System Type". If it is W7 32-bit, PDVD12 exec directory should be "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe". As you can see there is no x86 in W7 32-bit directory.....the directory have to be correct according to your HTPC for playercorefactory to work right......

Yes, I'm completely 100% positive I'm using Windows 7 32-bit. As I said a few threads back, I removed the (x86) from all the strings in the .xml and .bat files, which is ultimately when we started getting real progress with this. After removing the (x86) is when PowerDVD12 actually popped up, however it would then drop back behind XBMC and still refused to play automatically.

My PowerDVD12 directory is "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12" and there is an application within that directory called PDVDLaunchPolicy. Is that not structured properly as the directory isn't actually "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" as you list above?
(2012-04-05, 16:05)thewhiteknight Wrote: Yes, I'm completely 100% positive I'm using Windows 7 32-bit. As I said a few threads back, I removed the (x86) from all the strings in the .xml and .bat files, which is ultimately when we started getting real progress with this. After removing the (x86) is when PowerDVD12 actually popped up, however it would then drop back behind XBMC and still refused to play automatically.

My PowerDVD12 directory is "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12" and there is an application within that directory called PDVDLaunchPolicy. Is that not structured properly as the directory isn't actually "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" as you list above?
If that is the case, your playercorefactory.xml codes should be-

<playercorefactory>
</player>
<filename>C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-Just to confirm that your PDVD12 directory is "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe", you can go into "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12" folder and right/click on "PDVDLaunchPolicy" and then Properties, you'll find the exact directory for it.....it should work now!

(2012-04-05, 16:48)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-05, 16:05)thewhiteknight Wrote: Yes, I'm completely 100% positive I'm using Windows 7 32-bit. As I said a few threads back, I removed the (x86) from all the strings in the .xml and .bat files, which is ultimately when we started getting real progress with this. After removing the (x86) is when PowerDVD12 actually popped up, however it would then drop back behind XBMC and still refused to play automatically.

If that is the case, your playercorefactory.xml codes should be-

<playercorefactory>
</player>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

-Just to confirm that your PDVD12 directory is "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe", you can go into "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD12" folder and right/click on "PDVDLaunchPolicy" and then Properties, you'll find the exact directory for it.....it should work now!

bluray,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you regarding this, I haven't tried it yet. The reason I haven't tried it yet is because I have Blu-ray playback within XBMC right now (that includes full use of dts HD Master and Dolby truHD sound). I'm not sure how it's working, or if it even should be working, but I don't need PowerDVD12 to watch Blu-ray's, as I am watching them from right in XBMC.

Did we (and by we I mean mostly you) stumble onto something that was previously thought to be impossible? If you believe so then when I get home from work later tonight why don't I copy/paste my playercorefactory.xml codes and my .bat file codes so we can see exactly what's going on here. If this is something others are doing already then we'll consider my issues/problems getting this to work solved, as I'd much rather use XBMC as my player from all of my video sources instead of XBMC for 1 source and PowerDVD12 as my blu-ray player source.

Let me know what your thoughts on this are (as well as anyone else who wants to jump in and add anything).
(2012-04-06, 13:58)thewhiteknight Wrote: bluray,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you regarding this, I haven't tried it yet. The reason I haven't tried it yet is because I have Blu-ray playback within XBMC right now (that includes full use of dts HD Master and Dolby truHD sound). I'm not sure how it's working, or if it even should be working, but I don't need PowerDVD12 to watch Blu-ray's, as I am watching them from right in XBMC.

Did we (and by we I mean mostly you) stumble onto something that was previously thought to be impossible? If you believe so then when I get home from work later tonight why don't I copy/paste my playercorefactory.xml codes and my .bat file codes so we can see exactly what's going on here. If this is something others are doing already then we'll consider my issues/problems getting this to work solved, as I'd much rather use XBMC as my player from all of my video sources instead of XBMC for 1 source and PowerDVD12 as my blu-ray player source.

Let me know what your thoughts on this are (as well as anyone else who wants to jump in and add anything).
Oh, we knew that XBMC can playback blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM with AnyDVD HD running in the background, and I mentioned it throughout this thread and other threads.

As I and others mentioned it, we are using External Player because we want to enjoy blu-ray disc original menus, chapter, extras, etc. XBMC don't support it.

It's not that I stumbled with the playercorefactory codes. The codes I provided to you have been tested and worked on my HTPC's. As we all know, not all HTPC's work the same way. The codes might work on my HTPC, but it might not work on your HTPC. That is why I provided several new codes to you to try.

Previously, I thought that you want external player codes to playback blu-ray disc and blu-ray files. Since you only need codes to playback blu-ray disc, you don't need .bat file. You only need the playercorefactory.xml codes below-

<playercorefactory>
</player>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

bluray,

Oh, no I hope I didn't insinuate that you stumbled with the playercorefactory codes...b/c that just isn't true. I know every HTPC system will be different and they will all handle the codes a bit differently, so if I insinuated that, I'm sorry. Smile

I didn't catch that you could play BD-ROM movies via XBMC in the thread, but admittedly I skimmed it quite quickly.

I don't typically watch extra's or care about the original menu's so I'm quite happy that you've helped me get this up and running within XBMC.

One question regarding the way it's currently working though. Is there a way to bypass the popup that AnyDVD HD gives when you put a disc in the drive? Example: I'm in XBMC, I put a Blu-ray disc in the BD-ROM drive, and XBMC is minimized and AnyDVD HD pops up stating I have so many days left before my trial expires and I have to press the continue button. Is the only way to remove that popup to purchase AnyDVD HD?
(2012-04-06, 17:05)thewhiteknight Wrote: bluray,

Oh, no I hope I didn't insinuate that you stumbled with the playercorefactory codes...b/c that just isn't true. I know every HTPC system will be different and they will all handle the codes a bit differently, so if I insinuated that, I'm sorry. Smile
You're fine......I just want to make sure that we're on the same page.....

(2012-04-06, 17:05)thewhiteknight Wrote: I didn't catch that you could play BD-ROM movies via XBMC in the thread, but admittedly I skimmed it quite quickly.
You must have missed post #275, post #279, etc.........we didn't discuss much on it, because most users come in here to find info on external player code...

(2012-04-06, 17:05)thewhiteknight Wrote: I don't typically watch extra's or care about the original menu's so I'm quite happy that you've helped me get this up and running within XBMC.

One question regarding the way it's currently working though. Is there a way to bypass the popup that AnyDVD HD gives when you put a disc in the drive? Example: I'm in XBMC, I put a Blu-ray disc in the BD-ROM drive, and XBMC is minimized and AnyDVD HD pops up stating I have so many days left before my trial expires and I have to press the continue button. Is the only way to remove that popup to purchase AnyDVD HD?
Sorry, the popup will stop after you pay for it.....this is how most free trial versions work!

Hi

I just have to ask her, because there are people here that uses TMT5 her I belive.

I have downloaded the trial version, but can`t get i to work.
The original shortcut want start and the uMCE want shut down.

I get these error messages:

Problem with close the uMCE:

Problemsignatur:
Navn på problemhendelse: APPCRASH
Programnavn: uMCEPlayer5.exe
Programversjon: 5.2.1.120
Tidsstempel for program: 4f347ff4
Navn på feilmodul: ASSoundDetect.dll
Feilmodulversjon: 1.0.0.32
Tidsstempel for feilmodul: 4ec209b2
Unntakskode: 40000015
Unntaksforskyvning: 00013435
OS-versjon: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
ID for nasjonal innstilling: 1044
Tilleggsinformasjon 1: 3051
Tilleggsinformasjon 2: 3051a5c0cab258f2c4c8bd3ab3effc56
Tilleggsinformasjon 3: df26
Tilleggsinformasjon 4: df26d0d986a8896fdf312a27ba7cc6b1

Problem with start normal shortcut:

Problemsignatur:
Navn på problemhendelse: APPCRASH
Programnavn: uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe
Programversjon: 5.2.1.120
Tidsstempel for program: 4f347ff8
Navn på feilmodul: ASUIBaseWnd.mmx
Feilmodulversjon: 5.0.0.107
Tidsstempel for feilmodul: 4f4b3f8b
Unntakskode: c0000005
Unntaksforskyvning: 00003b29
OS-versjon: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
ID for nasjonal innstilling: 1044
Tilleggsinformasjon 1: 420a
Tilleggsinformasjon 2: 420a1f2ae01e87744c10d6327cf44e12
Tilleggsinformasjon 3: 50ea
Tilleggsinformasjon 4: 50ea0734b2ba1af52abd0c1f598fe627

I have tried to install the newest C++ Runtime, no help.
I have updated all the drivers.

Now I don`t know what to do next.

hope some one can help.

I really need this because this is the only player I have found that can work with menus for Blu Rays that is just in "folders", no *.ISO file.

Kindly

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13