• 131(current)
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup
Can anyone help me hereHuh
I'm trying to run TMT6 in metro mode (I prefer the interface) as my primary external player when I want menus ( to chose a different version of a movie for instance) I have only changed my code slightly to include "-metro" but only some of my Blu-ray iso's work after this change, Even before it was a bit buggy but it worked most of the time, now half my collection wont play when I include the -metro mode code. I know there's probably a lot of unnecessary stuff in my code but I'm only learning....I find it odd that old some of my collection will work in metro mode but everything is fine more or less in standard mode??Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Anyway here is my playIso.bat code:

Code:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" -Metro M:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" -Metro "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uTotalMediaTheatre6.exe" -Metro %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

and my Playercorefactory code
Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>                        
        <player name="Total Media Theater 6" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
                        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
                        <forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
        <player name="Total Media Theater 5 Region B" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO3.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>False</hidexbmc>

</player>
        <player name="PowerDVD 10" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\robin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO2.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>False</hidexbmc>

</player>
        </players>
        <rules action="append">

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2013-12-15, 01:05)p750mmx Wrote: The few BR disc's I have, autostart after placing when the optical (DVD) auto play option is active in the video menu. But most of my BR collection are iso's.

Hi

So you say that it works as it will with DVD`s?
Is there anyone else that can confirm this?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2013-12-17, 20:08)pettergulbra Wrote:
(2013-12-15, 01:05)p750mmx Wrote: The few BR disc's I have, autostart after placing when the optical (DVD) auto play option is active in the video menu. But most of my BR collection are iso's.

Hi

So you say that it works as it will with DVD`s?
[cut]
Yes I do, and it works also with most non decrypted BR's (not all of them, I admit), if you use something that works with VLC and put that it in the XBMC directory.
Now I'm only talking about XBMC under Windows, but when I had a Arctic MC001 BR version, a decrypted BR played also very well with OpenElec and by the onboard BR optical.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Thanks for the info. Think I then will buy me one.
AnyDVDhd will probably help also.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Good evening

I kindly ask for a solution, if possible, a problem that occurs when an external player active.

When I start a file with MPCHC (or another player) generates a beat background sound, like the sound of an engine at idle.
I can not find a solution to this problem, I hypothesized that activates the same time also the internal player, but the script of playercorefactory.xml, I can not figure out where the possible error. Sad

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
                <player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        <player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
        <!-- Bluray ISO -->
                <!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
        <rule filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
        <rule filetypes="bdmv|mpls" player="BDMV_Player"/>

<!-- Multiple files -->
        <rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts|mpg|mts|ts|m2v|flv" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
        <rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I need help. Been reading and reading in this thread. but when i dont understand the codes im having trouble knowing what i should type in

So here is what i need help for

I run XBMC as main player for avi, mkv etc.
but when i want to play DVD/ DB discs i want to use PowerDVD12. (bought a few month ago Smile

i dont play ISO files. cause i have everything on a NAS encoded to MKV using the internal player on XBMC.
But i have a lot of DVD and BD discs that i want to play without going to the explorer to start PDVD.
(2013-12-20, 00:43)halfe85 Wrote: But i have a lot of DVD and BD discs that i want to play without going to the explorer to start PDVD.

The following should work for just playing discs with an external player -

playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="Disc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*D:\.*" player="Disc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayDisc.bat

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe" D:

Notes:
You will need to change the text highlighted in red so they match the correct path on your system.
You will need to change the text highlighted in blue to match your optical drive letter.
I'm new to XBMC and just came across this thread while trying to setup powerdvd12 as the external player for my 3d mkv files.
When I open the movie in XBMC, powerdvd is launched, but the movie doesn't start. It just opens the media library in powerdvd.

How do I get the video to play automatically?

here is my playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\TVBSR\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\TVBSR\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayBDMV.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\TVBSR\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Video Files Player -->
<rule filename="*3D Movies*" filetypes="iso" player="ISO_Player"/>
<rule filename="*3D Movies*" filetypes="mkv|m2ts|ts|mp4" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray-DVD Disc -->
<rule name="BD-ROM" filename="D:\\.*" filetypes="bdmv|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO.bat
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

PlayDisc.bat
@echo off
rem you can place your PlayDisc file in \Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" G:

PlayBDM.bat
@echo off
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit
(2013-12-22, 02:45)sri072 Wrote: I'm new to XBMC and just came across this thread while trying to setup powerdvd12 as the external player for my 3d mkv files.
When I open the movie in XBMC, powerdvd is launched, but the movie doesn't start. It just opens the media library in powerdvd.

Are you only wanting to use an external player (PowerDVD) for 3D MKV files only?
If so, first thing I would do is trim down the playercorefactory.xml and fix a couple of mistakes, you can use the following -

playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
  <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
  <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
  <args>"{1}"</args>
  </player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filename=".*3D Movies.*" filetypes="mkv" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

You don't need any PlayISO/PlayBDMV.bat files for MKV, so you can disregard those.

Second thing to check, is that PDVD can launch the file correctly outside of XBMC. Create the following batch file (call it test.bat) and save it to your desktop -

test.bat

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" "E:\3D Movies\Avatar.3D.mkv"

Change the text highlighted in red to the path of one of your 3D MKV movies.
Then run the batch file from the desktop and make sure that PowerDVD automatically launches/plays the file correctly.

Final thing you can do is provide the contents of your XBMC log file (after opening the movie in XBMC)
The log is located at - C:\Users\Users\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\XBMC.log
You can post the contents at xbmcLogs or pastebin (don't post in this thread as it's pretty big Smile )
finally got myself a 3d projector so im hoping to be able to follow these instructions for ANYDVDHD
subscribed, thanks
i think i managed to get it to work but when i click on a iso file, xbmc shuts down, back to desktop then i can hear the movie loading up but nothing looks to be opened? when i open xbmc again it says its playing the movies and to press ok when done?
confused

all i want to be able to do is open my 3d iso files through TMT6 Sad
oh, and merry christmas all Smile
I'm quite new at the whole External Player Codes thing and need a bit of info. I've have blu-ray disks playing inside xbmc via Power Dvd with the codes on the start of this thread but i have a question about 3d mkv files on my system. At the moment i have a folder with some of my 3d movies converted to mkv and they are run by xbmc, Can i set 3d movies in mkv to run in xbmc via power dvd instead of xbmc using the External Player Codes.
this seems pretty straight forward but i cant seem to get it working. I'll take it all out and start again. did most of you guys get this working first time?
wohoo finally got it working.
now does anyone know if theres a way to just have it open tmt6 with iso file? all my other movies are non iso and can play ok inside xbmc?
thank you all
(2013-12-27, 03:48)jjmucker Wrote: wohoo finally got it working.
now does anyone know if theres a way to just have it open tmt6 with iso file? all my other movies are non iso and can play ok inside xbmc?
thank you all

You can use the following rule (all other unneeded filetype rules can be deleted) -

<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>

Replace "ISO_BDMV_Player" with the name of the player in your playercorefactory.xml
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup13