XBMC name change
gabbott Wrote:Wait a minute.... I didn't get a secret decoder ring?! Who else got secret decoder rings??

It's not worth it. Every year it's always the same message. "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."
stick with XBMC, everyone knows the name and knows what its used for.. If u changed the name i'd be like wtf is this...
I'ts[sig] started? What's started? Someone wants to compare the latest release to Eden? What does he ask when the next version is released if it's just called Eden?

"Compare Eden to Boxee"
> Lol What VERSION of Eden?
"Um, The next version. I don't know what I'm on right now. Eden"
> Noo dummy. Eden is the name of the software. What version.
"I don't know".

Where as almost everyone knows they're running either Dharma or Eden and couldn't care less about the numbers.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Because it's not an OS?

It was just my little joke about what happened to Meedio. Which apparently wasn't a joke, because I was the only one that laughed. Sad
darkscout Wrote:I'ts[sig] started? What's started? Someone wants to compare the latest release to Eden? What does he ask when the next version is released if it's just called Eden?

"Compare Eden to Boxee"
> Lol What VERSION of Eden?
"Um, The next version. I don't know what I'm on right now. Eden"
> Noo dummy. Eden is the name of the software. What version.
"I don't know".

Where as almost everyone knows they're running either Dharma or Eden and couldn't care less about the numbers.

I was commenting on the title of the post and how it seems he is comparing BOXEE ( name of software ) to EDEN ( name of software ).
And how it wasnt presented as BOXEE v.1.5 Heidi vs. XBMC v.11 Eden.

The joke was that in the short time since EDEN was brought up as a name replacement it had already Started being used.

I asked the poster to edit the title of his post so there is no future confusion

I think a good replacement name for XBMC would be "MeVr", as in "Me V R" - Media Center Video Recorder

It is a Media Center PVR after all

What do I win? Laugh
jacksback Wrote:I think a good replacement name for XBMC would be "MeVr", as in "Me V R" - Media Center Video Recorder

What do I win? Laugh

You win Criticism from Darkscout Wink
jacksback Wrote:I think a good replacement name for XBMC would be "MeVr", as in "Me V R" - Media Center Video Recorder

What do I win? Laugh
lol, it's not a pvr and never will be.
just quietly boxee is terrible..
Big_Noid Wrote:lol, it's not a pvr and never will be.

Have you been following the live tv integration developments? It is a PVR and media center in one
It's a gui for third party pvr software.
jacksback Wrote:Have you been following the live tv integration developments? It is a PVR and media center in one

And the PVR part is always done by a backend. XBMC is a frontend
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
lets just name it the matrix and be done with it.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
XBMC -> eXtendable mindBlowing Media Center Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC name change0