XBMC name change
you're all crazy, it should be called The Intersect.
"The Unbelievable Journey of a Media Centre That Went Nuts When It Spread Around the World"

hmm might be a bit long i think

How about: XBMC ?
Seems to fit quite nicely
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:How about: XBMC ?
Seems to fit quite nicely

Hey! You should let the devs know about that suggestion! Smile
Star 
How about dropping the 'B'ox (sounds limiting) and keep the X for Xtreme, Xtensive, Xpansive or just plain Xbox with the MC shorting for media center.

XMC short and sweet.
PatK Wrote:How about dropping the 'B'ox (sounds limiting) and keep the X for Xtreme, Xtensive, Xpansive or just plain Xbox with the MC shorting for media center.

XMC short and sweet.

I like it Cool

Keep it simple as they say
Because if there is anything that sounds professional. It's spelling words wrong by starting them with the letter X.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
PatK Wrote:How about dropping the 'B'ox (sounds limiting) and keep the X for Xtreme, Xtensive, Xpansive or just plain Xbox with the MC shorting for media center.

XMC short and sweet.

XBMC isn't an acronym anymore. The B doesn't stand for anything, nor the X M or C.
redtapemedia Wrote:XBMC isn't an acronym anymore. The B doesn't stand for anything, nor the X M or C.

XMC does sound sweet though. Drop the B.

X = cross (X) platform
MC = Media Centre.

kinda like...
Quote:Drop the "the". Just "facebook". It's cleaner.

I change my mind from my previous post I think the above could happen in the future.

"drop the B campaign" Wink ....a great marketing opportunity too Laugh
redtapemedia Wrote:XBMC isn't an acronym anymore. The B doesn't stand for anything, nor the X M or C.

Exactly XBMC is not an acronym for anything, and XBMC is not a word.If you try to spell it out or pronounce it it's terrible ( Zex.Be.Mick ). So it seems that the name XBMC is four random unattractive letters that have no meaning, and that aren't eye catching.

I've seen other products use letters as names ( RDIO, GDGT, VDIO ) but when you look at those they make sense. When you try to say them or spell it out GDGT (gadget), RDIO (radio), VDIO (video) they make words that you can associate with the product ,and when you see them they grab your attention.
You should change your nick it doesnt mean anything to me.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Since it is not open for discussion why not just close the thread?

Personally I find xbmc media center a bit hard to say (and perhaps a tiny but stupid) so I pretend it is called XB-Media Center.
I.e xb means nothing, fair enough, but mc means media center as we all know it does.
vikjon0 Wrote:Since it is not open for discussion why not just close the thread?

Personally I find xbmc media center a bit hard to say (and perhaps a tiny but stupid) so I pretend it is called XB-Media Center.
I.e xb means nothing, fair enough, but mc means media center as we all know it does.

because this is a forum and meets the rules of the section?

or is this a dictatorship?
I personally don't like XBMC, I'm new to the project, but I always want to write XMBC which seems to flow better (for me), overall the name seems archaic, almost like something thats been around as a Unix deamon from the 70's.

I'd vote for just about any name over XBMC.
krish_2k4 Wrote:because this is a forum and meets the rules of the section?

or is this a dictatorship?

IF it is we can change the name to DMC for dictator media player Laugh

If people think the name needs to break into something that does not involve xbox then lets just do this and we can keep the XBMC name:

Xtreme
Badass
Media
Center

Xesturgy (polishing)
Better
Media
Center

Xenomorphic
Bountiful
Media
Center

Xenomorphic Bountiful Media Center is best as it closely describes what the XB in the XBMC are. Which is how XBMC, due to its open source, has no true form of its own and because of all the great addons is the most bountiful media center in the world.

Therefore, as Xenomorphic Bountiful Media Center is the most accurate 4 word description of XBMC I think the name should be changed to XBMC.
My point was that the reason so many of the old timers makes jokes in this thread instead of discussing the topic is that it has been discussed before and we have been told it is not going to happen....

(technically those jokes would be off-topic and since several identical threads already exists I suppose it is against the rules Wink but that was not my pointSmile )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC name change0