Telling XBMC new path to folders without new library search
Hi,

I transfered my HDDs from my PC into a File-Server. Now I want XBMC to change only the Path of the library/files, so I can still use it. Problem is, that I manually changed most of the covers and fanarts, also some titles were not correctly found by the automatic search, so I had to adjust them manually.

What I have done: I changed the path from the sources ( 4 or 5 folders / exactly the same, but now the path is new. Instead of "H:Serien" it is now "L:Serien" in the network) directly into the new path. But xbmc restarted to search the sources and created new entrys, so i have them twice. The old ones, I wanted to keep, doesn't work anymore, becaus he says "file not found ".

How can I just get XBMC, to keep my library as it is, with all my "modifications", but only lead to the new path. Where nothing changed at the folder-structure. How I said, I only put my HDDs in another PC. The new and double entrys, I had to delete manually, so the library is "clear" now. I really hope you can help me, because I'm despaired.
export to single folder, edit the paths in the xml (search&replace), import.
spiff Wrote:export to single folder, edit the paths in the xml (search&replace), import.

Thank you so much! Worked great, now I can use XBMC as before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Telling XBMC new path to folders without new library search0