[AppleTV2] Problem with pathsubstitute for thumbnails
Use the IP ... don't use the **** netbios names which have a 20% chance to get resolved in a lan with multiple windows mashines ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just to butt in, the wiki is lacking on this topic. Does path substitution work for NFS and AFP connections as well now?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Yes it should. I'm using it - but i've read somewhere that there might be problems when scraping and having NFS pathsubstitution in place and the source is also NFS.

I don't scrape with XBMC (but with external tool) and have NFS substituion and NFS sources in use - without a problem (and i couldn't reproduce the problems with scraping - this all works for me ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sweet. I've been using a thumbnails symlink to my NAS from the MBP I use to manage the library. I also do my scraping with an external tool.

The ATV2 I've been using path substitution to access all of said thumbnails, and it's been working well.

If I switch to using path substitution on the MBP it should scrape everything to the external thumbs path no problems?

Still no clue what it was.
Updated the ATV2 to iOSv4.4.4 and reinstalled everything to Eden Beta, now it works.

Stupid machine!! Wink
Thank you for your help.
Cranial Wrote:Just to butt in, the wiki is lacking on this topic. Does path substitution work for NFS and AFP connections as well now?

NFS does work but it's much slower than using smb for path substitution, at least on my Mac mini. Using NFS for video source and smb for path substitution is much faster.
toiva Wrote:NFS does work but it's much slower than using smb for path substitution, at least on my Mac mini. Using NFS for video source and smb for path substitution is much faster.

Thanks toiva. I'll do some testing when the box gets some downtime.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Problem with pathsubstitute for thumbnails0