customizing the views in neon
so, i decided to change the style and look of my skin. i tooled around with a bunch of other skins, but it looks like neon is still the one for me.

i did change views, and i did settle on a new view for most library pages: slim list.

another thing i changed (in my mind) was that i liked the logos more than banners. the slim list (by default) shows the banners in the bottom right, and i have XBMC download the logos, and neon's slim list puts it in the top right.

two things i want to do:

top priority is turn off banners on TV shows. i thought changing this is going to break the display of box art for movies (same part of screen), i'm willing to dupe the slim list view file and make a new view, with the only change being one has banners the other doesn't.

second priority is to move the TV show's logo down to the bottom, where banners had been before. not as crucial, but still pretty desired (the logo placement now does interfere with some of the fanart i use).

right now i'm trolling through appdata/whatever/neon/720p's xml files to see if i can find the right thing to start screwing with. if anyone knows what's what, thanks! if no one gets to respond before i figure it out i'll share what i did.
Mine shows posters here, no matter what settings I change under skin settings.

mechiah Wrote:two things i want to do:

top priority is turn off banners on TV shows. i thought changing this is going to break the display of box art for movies (same part of screen), i'm willing to dupe the slim list view file and make a new view, with the only change being one has banners the other doesn't.

second priority is to move the TV show's logo down to the bottom, where banners had been before. not as crucial, but still pretty desired (the logo placement now does interfere with some of the fanart i use).

right now i'm trolling through appdata/whatever/neon/720p's xml files to see if i can find the right thing to start screwing with. if anyone knows what's what, thanks! if no one gets to respond before i figure it out i'll share what i did.

You need to change your scraper settings to default to Poster and not Banner. For TheTVDB it's "Prefer Posters"

Once you are using poster, I don't think you will want the logo at the bottom, but if you do, its all in the Viewtype_Lowlist.xml (or something similar)

Cheers!
-stoli-
If someone else needs the file SlimList = Viewtype_SlimeFiles.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
customizing the views in neon0