bad Videoquality with ATI HD5450
Hello,
after some failed work with XBMC on Linux I am using now Windows 7 with my HD5450 for XBMC.
Since now, I used a WD TV Live HD.

1080p with 24Hz and Xvba support works fine!

BUT: A FullHD Movie just doesn't look as pretty as on my WD TV Live HD.
I tried to tweak some settings in AMD Fusion Control Center and improved it by deactivation all video "improvement" features.

Do you have any suggestions how to setup AMD Fusion Control Center to get the best video quality?
Star 
I have a 5770 AMD card and use something called the Catalyst Control Center (I guess the latest versions have a new name) or CCC. Basically I've turned off or deactivated most of the so-called enhancements too.

Some users have the 'enforce smooth playback' under video playback toggled on. I really don't have any complaints about the 'PQ' for the most part... You might play with different settings inside XBMC to see if you can squeeze a bit more optics out. I did notice that my older 3650 ATI gfx card was a bit sharper and some users have resorted to external player programs (this can be set-up within XBMC) but for my old tired eyes, I find the effort hardly worth while... I did have a WDTV player for a time and between my PC XBMC and the WD, it was a matter of speed, control, and features. Kick in the new Eden... you'll sell that WD.

Some of the developers have mentioned that the latest codec algorithms will make it into the heart and soul of XBMC, so don't dis-pare.. change is coming.
If you are strictly try to playback BD M2TS/MKV files, you can try external player. It is very easy to setup and it can playback all BD files effortless, and you should be able to bitstream with your HD5450 too. Here are the external player codes- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup .
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bad Videoquality with ATI HD54500