Debug Log privacy
If I post a debug log, does it show personal passwords such as Amazon.com prime, Megaupload, etc.. ?
Yes, the debug log is an offline keylogger, once you post it we can see everything!

Just kidding, the debug log only logs technical information from xbmc, nothing more.
Atomic Zombie Wrote:Yes, the debug log is an offline keylogger, once you post it we can see everything!

Just kidding, the debug log only logs technical information from xbmc, nothing more.

Thank you , when I read your first sentence, I was like Whaaaaat! :eek2:
It will include any local network passwords used for accessing media stored on network shares, though. But since we all have unique usernames and passwords for our email, banking, social networking and wifi encryption, that shouldn't be a big deal, right?
A little while ago I placed warnings about the network password being exposed in the debug log on the XBMC Wiki. It would be nice to have some kind of warning (one-time or not) when you first enable debug logging within XBMC that pops up. Something like that would need to be discussed with the team, tested, etc, so I wouldn't expect anything like that soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debug Log privacy0