[MAC] impossible to use mce with mac? best alternatives?
Hi,

I would like to use a mce remote with xbmc running in osx lion but after some googling I think mce is not supported in osx Sad

I have seen there is a workaround using a linux virtual machine (mce-remote-on-a-mac) but if this is the only way to get mce working I think I prefer to buy a different remote.

It seems that the ps3 bd remote (bluetooth) is supported in mac. ¿does anyone know any other similar alternative? ¿or does anyone know if it´s possible to get mce working in mac?

many thanks in advance for any help
A Logitech Harmony set up as a "Plex Player".
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55660
many thanks for your help.

I have seen there are many different models of logitech harmony remote and in that post the user talks about "logitech harmony one", which is too expensive for me.

has anyone tried "harmony 300" with mac?

If I understand ok, the harmony remote will use the integrated IR receiver in the mac mini, isn´t it?
I use a harmony 300i with my mac. It works pretty well. You have to do some very heavy customization though. I use the program Remote Buddy. It sets it up as 15 different apple remotes. If you spend the time going through each profile for each setting and customizing it just right, it works well.

Another tip use Automator to make a script to open XBMC with a click of a button. I have the four favorite buttons for XBMC/Plex/Hulu/Boxee
Hi mrayner,

Could you please give me an idea how to pair Harmony 300 with remote buddy to create multiple remotes. I get the idea of assigning buttons to different apple remotes but I just can't get harmony 300 to register with Remote Buddy.

Please help.

Much tanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] impossible to use mce with mac? best alternatives?0