• 22(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
What's the paste URL? Ta
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
http://pastebin.com/PdeJ5QZV, Never used pastebin before Smile
Cool thanks will take a look and add to wiki etc when I have a minute

Good idea on the startup playlist...

What do you mean by:
(I'm running Frodo 12.1 so .py's have to be pretty simple)?
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Well According to someone who helped me, some python feature has been dropped. It is done by creating a folder full of your favourite mp3's,flac's in userdata/playlists/music. You then create an m3u in the same folder with the addresses of all the mp3's and flac's.
Then................. create an autoexec.py in the userdata folder with the following text (edit in notepad):
#execute targeted script at startup.
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\playlist.m3u)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(RandomOn)" )
You can drop the the third line if you always want to play them in the same order. I've got about 80 tracks in there so it can play all day and never in the same order.
One note though, if you do use the random feature, it will remain on even if you go to your music folder and want to play an album. To avoid this, you just add this line in your Home.xml (ActivateWindow(Music):
<onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(Randomoff)</onclick>
The reason the .py is so simple? Well in another thread, there was a python script designed to do this and a few bells and whistles. I tried it initially and got nowhere. One of the wiser heads on this forum gave me the simpler script above telling me at the time that Frodo had dropped support for "xbmc.executehttpapi" So there is my convoluted answer Smile
Hmm, ok, it's not really python support that has changed, it's the removal of the old http api in favour of a JSON one.

Thanks for the response. I added your files to the wiki if others want them (I definitely like it hidden away so that will remain default though!).
how difficult do you reckon it would be to do the same thing with surf cams?
If they supply just a series of images, then the basic premise is pretty easy - you simply grab the images and dump them in a folder (there may be some image conversion work required depending on the format), then create a skin file with a multi-image control.

If the surf cams provide a live video feed - even easier. Just pass off the url to xbmc.

You'd probably want it to be a separate addon, though - tying into xbmc weather has real limitations. In retrospect i wish I'd done the radar as a separate progam add on maybe, would have been more flexible...but it was my first add on and I wass jsut hacking really.

Have an example? I don't surf (actually barely swim, either!!).
Well you did rather marvelously I think. For me to even imagine creating an add-on at this stage would be delusions of competency. As for surf watch or cam watch as they are known, they are direct feed video. Unfortunately money has intervened and you only get direct feed of about 5 minutes without paying $10/month so I think this add-on idea is dead in the water before it starts. Don't surf? barely swim? You live in Alice? Coober Pedy?, Oh that's right, Melbourne (Please not a Magpie supporter) Smile Smile
Almost drowned as a kid (dropped in a pool when my Grandmother had a heart attacky thing) - so terrified of water. Taught myself to swim fairly basically around 12 yrs old, but have never really go that good at it unfortunately. Making sure my kids get off to a better start Smile

And don't follow footy either - I'm the Anti-Aussie I guess Smile
Sorry to here that. I grew up in Torquay so no guesses what I was doing as a kid.Smile
Is this add-on compatible with Aeon Nox skin? As in radars and everything yet?
Anyone recommend a good weather on add on for here in Australia. It seems it keep giving me everything in Fahrenheit Sad
All available skin files are in the Wiki. Knocking up a skin file takes a few hours, right now I don't have them but it's not hard so why not do a nice Nox one?

Farenheit to celsius is basesd on your locale in settings - change that and you'll get celsius
the best weather add-on is the bossanova808 variation. Modesty prevented him from saying so Smile
Hmm well if I knew how to do it for Aeon Nox I would but I dont know where to start Sad
MyWeather.xml is the main weather file. Compare Nox <> OzWeather Confluence, hack to match. Basically you need to add a slideshow box for radar and increase the number of visible days for a longer forecast.

You could drop the OzWeather Confluence one in and edit that directly - mainly it is changing font sizes etc. if you do that, not too hard at all really.

if you do a nice one, I put in wiki and your work will be immortalised!

(for what that's worth Wink
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5