• 29(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
(2012-01-17, 14:34)fastdump Wrote: And while on the subject, bossanova808, I'm hoping that you can do me a small favour...

I still prefer to have the Weather item on the home screen use a multi-image slide-show (my BOM calendar collection) as defined in the skin settings as separate from the Weather Fanart used while inside the Weather page. If you have the time, can you point me to which file(s) and what updates are required to set it back to using the skin setting on the home screen?... Purely a personal preference - I would be most grateful. Nerd

(2012-01-17, 14:39)bossanova808 Wrote: No probs - in Home.xml:

Code:
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(WeatherFanartDir)]$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Day0.FanartCode)]</thumb>  
                        <!--<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Weather_Folder)]</thumb>-->

the commented out one is the original, the other one the use fanart change.

I have got your weather addon working, skin mods and all. Thanks btw, rep given.

Not sure if fastdump was describing what I was after but is there a way to change the skin custom background to what the fanart would be in the weather section? I just grabbed Dr. Toxic's HD weather pack and got it working but only inside the weather addon (before I enabled extended forecast and radar I could see the changing images as fanart).
I don't use the weather fanart stuff anymore, got bored of it. So notr 100% sure on what confluence currently supports anymore...I'd probably look at the popular Confluence mods if they say they offer weather fanart and add the appropriate bits in from there...you'd need to mod home.xml and myweather.xml basically. Shouldn't be too heard. Feel free to add notes to the wiki if you work it out!

Glad you're enjoying the addon
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I made a version for the reFred skin incase anyone wants it. It might work on refocus too since reFred is a mod of, but I haven't tested it. MyWeather.xml link below.

link

edit: sorry I forgot to mention, I love this addon. Many thanks to bossanova808 for making this, our family uses it everyday.
You're welcome - that looks great!

Maybe pop it on the wiki?
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I'm getting a script error when i try to enable extended features.

seems to be something to do with python and PIL'

log is here...

http://pastebin.com/BN2S5ssR

Any ideas?
Looks like XBian are building xbmc without PIL (python Image Library) - you'll need to ask them to include it I think.
Quick reply! Thanks...

Would something like this work?

sudo apt-get install python-imaging

Or is it not that simple?
It was that simple!

All working perfectly - thanks for a great plugin bossanova808.
Hi Bossanova,

I've been configuring OzWeather on Raspbmc 13.0 (Gotham), originally I was receiving errors similar to
"ImportError: No module named PIL" and
"ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error"

I installed "python-imaging" which fixed those. However, now I've received ...

16:06:19 T:2847929408 NOTICE: ### Oz Weather-0.7.2 ### Called as: ['/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/weather.ozweather/default.py', '1']
16:06:19 T:3036864512 ERROR: Control 50 in window 12600 has been asked to focus, but it can't
16:06:26 T:2847929408 NOTICE: ### Oz Weather-0.7.2 ### Oz Weather (Author: Bossanova808) Exiting ....

Have I missed something else?

Cheers
Hmm, not sure on that one. Are you using Confluence? if not - does it work there?
Hi,

Yes it's using Confluence.

I installed locally and had issues around the errors first listed in the log file and the XBMC screen would give me a 'red' cross.

Jumped on remotely to fix back end and I'm remote at the moment. I'll check that I have the Location, etc configured correctly when I get home.

Thought it might be a quick fix.

Thank you, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers.
If you're still stuck do a full debug log and i will try puzzle it out. You could look in myweather.xml so see if there even IS a control 50 (assuming 12600 is the window ID - not at home right now!)
Good news, restarted my pi and I no longer get the message and everything works (except Radar, working on that - something I need to recheck).

Cheers
See notes about installing python-imaging above...

(added a note to the wiki re: installing PIL)
Hi guys
I get script failed when enabling extended features. I *think* I have PIL installed

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=225214

Help is appreciated
Thanks
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5