• 33(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Thanks man - I don't envy your job if that's the case - websites constantly changing the way they do things sux!
Hmm, on their twitter is this:

Unfortunately we have had to roll back Weatherzone due to technical problems. We apologise and will be working hard to fix it asap.

...so I don't think I will fix it, but just wait till they re-roll forward maybe??

In the meantime, you can probably put this older version of default.py back in to get it working:
https://github.com/bossanova808/weather....default.py

(rename your current default.py to default.new, save this one as default.py in the addon folder, then swao them back once weatherzone gets their shit together!)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Same here again. The error message is back Sad
See above. Will be the same Tull they update again but you revert one file for now.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
As I said - websites "upgrading" and changing things - annoying!

Think Windows Sky Drive - bloody thing was out of action for certain video types for ages because of the new you beaut One Drive.

I guess that's progress and was done for a reason (ie: to cater to all MS versions including their phones) and One Drive DOES work well but it really was a pain in the proverbial and you would think that these "major" players would have some decent software testing practices in place before a rollout that shirts everyone off (whinge done for the day! Smiling again now Smile.

I'll give your suggestion a crack @boss - can you tell me the path to default.py on Windows (I'll cut default.py out of the containing directory and save to Desktop for now and replace with file downloaded from the link you provided)

Like I said - I don't envy the work you have to do to keep this running and hopefully the "technical" work WZ is doing won't require another full re-write of the scraper from yourself @boss
I might jsut create a new version with the two version merged so it can cope with both. Irritates me seeing it up there not working!!
Could you tell me the path to the default.py file in the meantime so I can give that a shot?
Submitted:

[Git Pull] weather.ozweather 0.7.5
*addon - - weather.ozweather
*version - 0.7.5
*url - https://github.com/bossanova808/weather.ozweather
*revision - 98b0816159
*branch - master
*xbmc version - Frodo/Gotham/Helix

Ok so the website I scrape from reverted their changes with no ETA on re-reverting to the new version *sigh*

So I have written something that should in theory cope with old and new versions of their site. It certainly copes with the current site, but I now can't of course test against the new one but I've tried to be careful and make the code a little more robust.
--

If you want to get this before the auto-update kicks in - just install this default.py in your addons/weather.ozweather folder over the old one:
https://github.com/bossanova808/weather....default.py

@namsdrawkcab

Depends where you have xbmc installed, I use the portable version to keep it all in one folder.

The addons live in your userdata folder:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata

(actually I think addons is one folder up from userdata)
We're back up after I remembered the rollback featureBlush

Went back to the 73 version and all's good for now

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on_manager#Rollback

Thanks again for your work, we're lost without OZweather these days
Yep - it will work again once they bump it up to 75, just waiting on that. Sometimes they are super fast, but it all depends on people's free time I guess.
75 has been pulled so it should auto-update and be ok for now. In theory it will be ok when they switch the new website back on, but that's impossible to say as there may be new changes again. Anyway - if it breaks I will fix it!!
Hi,
I thought I posted this yesterday, but cannot see it here..

Thanks for the help trying to get Ozweather up and running for us again for us "Down Under".

I deleted my old version and put in the new one Bossanova808 v 0.7.5
...but still get the same error.
This is my log file
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=292189

I also tried rollback, to no avail.

I'm hoping my log file may help in determining if the fault is my end or otherwise?

Again, thanks
You have activated extra features (i.e. Radar) but you don't have PIL installed. See the wiki about this. Not sure how to install it with Android...I believe it will come along with Helix automatically maybe - not sure.

If you turn off extra features the forecast side of it should work fine.
Many thanks bossanova808.
Working fine with radar deactivated as you told me.

Thank you for your continued work for the likes of people as myself.
edit.
If I could work out how to add to your reputation, I would like to do so.
Bugger s**t and bugger again - scuse me Smile

@boss - I have everything working on my girls 32 bit Windows 7 Pro ie: full seven day forecast and radar loop.

I achieved this with her puter cause:

1) I was able to roll back to version 0.7.3
2) I overwrote the default.py file as suggested in recent previous posts
3) I applied the Gotham skin changes

I get home on my own 64 bit Win 7 Home Premium and thought I would be able to get everything up and working again considering that XBMC is installed to the x86 Program Files DIR but I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is cause I can't get it happening.

On x64 Windows XBMC installs to the x86 Program Files DIR and this is a different setup to a 32 bit machine as the files to be edited reside in the hidden:
C -> Users -> Username -> AppData -> Roaming -> XBMC -> addons DIR

but anyhow.....

I was unable to do the rollback on my own machine as the only options available to me were 0.7.5.(installed) and a rollback option of 0.7.4

Therefore I have done a fresh install of 13.2 Gotham and installed:

1) XBMC Hub (unsupported I know)
2) Fusion
3) Xunity
4) Superrepo for Gotham versions

I have tried to get weather working with both versions 0.7.5 and by installing 0.7.3 as a zip after uninstalling 75 but all I am getting is script errors and if I enter a postcode I am not getting the prompt to choose a location for that postcode as mentioned here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather

and quote:

"To Configure - First, go to XBMC settings->Weather and choose the OzWeather add on as your weather add on. In the add on settings you can add up to three locations - you do this using their postcode - it will prompt you with matching locations if more than one area uses that postcode"

Furthermore - if I enter either a postcode or a suburb and hit the done button the entry is not applied.

I really like your app man and want this sorted so I can use it but I'm tearing out what little hair I have left - suggestions or anyone else care to test the setup I have to see if the result is the same?

Help would be truly appreciated cause I'm at my wits end - grrrrrrrr
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5