• 4(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
The preview looks great. Looking forward to the post-bug-squish update with eager antici...

...pation!

PS: My house-mate actually works for the BOM here in Melbourne, in the publications department. Of course we always have the latest BOM calendar in our house. I've sourced all the pix from the 2012 calendar from an online gallery to use as the multi-image background slide-show for Weather on the home screen. They're not full-res but still, they add a little local flavour.

If anyone's interested, here's a zip of the 12 pix... http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BB5XD983
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Ok I've fixed the reload skin thing, it reloads the skin only if you're actually on the weather page (which it needs to do to reset the radar slideshow) - otherwise it doesn't reload the skin on a weather update, so nothing else gets disturbed. Seems to be working well for the most part. At worst you have to refresh the weather data using the blade menu to get it all to be bang up to date.

Also in the next version of my very basic Confluence skin mod, I have re-added weather fan art to the home page as well as the background on the weather page (you can't really see it on the weather page with all that info, so it's nice to have it on the home page).

Maybe fastdump you could create a version of your zip that we could unzip into our weather fanart 1080p folders and it would pop them into the right subfolders??
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
OK I HAVE JUST PUSHED THE NEW RADAR VERSION.

See the first post for details for installation.

If you see any wierdness with your radar images at first, just re-start xbmc and it should reload the skin/textures and away you go...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(Force refresh the repo and/or check for updates to get it going, or wait a few hours and it will update automatically)
hmmm, looks like I broke something - the update went fine at home but I got errors on my machine at work...I know what the issue is and will push the next update soon!
Ok all fixed - v0.2.1 for the add on and 0.0.6 for the skin if you're using it (otherwise copy the skin files from the add on dir to your Confluence 720p folder or you won't get radar!!) - both are now in the repo and should hit your machines soon.

Don't forget to go into settings and add your radar codes etc...
Awesome job mate How do I force refresh the repo? I've never seen this option anywhere even when I bring up the context menu?
Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
System->Settings->Add Ons->Get Add Ons->Bossanova808 repo -> context menu 'force refresh'
Note the first time it runs it can take a minute or two to get all the radar backgrounds downloaded...
I did that restarted xbmc and when I did a pop up said oz weather add on updated. But I still don't have the radar pics.
You also need to attend to the skin changes (see first post) - either use the skin in my repo, or manually use the skin files in the add on dir and copy these to Confluence/720p....it's all in that first post. Once you make the skin changes, re-start XBMC again...
Are you talking about your skin that allows the extended forecast to display properly? I had already installed that.

I get the radar panel but no radar pics. Also under extended forecast it's blank.
Yes that's what I mean. Have you configured the settings yet? I.e. put your radar codes in there and enabled the extended forecast etc.? I think that is what you'd get if you don't enable the settings or put the radar code in...
Thumbs Up 
Aha!...

I also couldn't see the radar image after copying your 720p folder to the main Confluence/720p folder.

Then I noticed in the add-on settings there are two (count them!) instances to set the 'Use extended features' option (see screen shot)...

If I set the first instance ON, then there is no change and as soon as I come back to settings that button is back OFF.

However, if I set the second instance ON (the one at the bottom), then I get extended forecast and radar (yay!) and when I come back to settings both buttons are set to ON.

PS: Great work, bossanova808... Big Grin
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Yeah that will be an old settings file issue - I suspect if you delete your userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather diretory and start from scratch, that extra setting (which is definitely NOT in the settings.xml file tha defines these things) will disappear as it should.

When you install an add on, it blanks the add on folder, but not addon_data so as to save settings etc, but it also seems this can confuse things if you change settings!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5