• 5(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
oh bugger it it is in the file Wink

I'll fix it an post 0.22!!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Lol ...yeh what fast dump said. I've done a restart but I'm only getting the overlay not the map?
Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
That usually means the downloads weren't there when the skin refreshed. If you refresh the data it should go get them, give it a minute or too.

I've just pushed a fixed version with the extra setting removed.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Yep, that's better.

As a way of cheating to get various radar views, I've added Melbourne as all three locations and specified a different radar for each.

I thought something was wrong at first as the other locations weren't serving up the radar images. Then I realised I had typed in IRD*** instead of IDR***

All good now.
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Ok I've refreshed and waited a couple of minutes but still don't see the map only the overlay.

How do you actually switch between two locations easily??
Cool, glad you're going now. I plan to maybe add multiple radar per location support, or maybe just more locations is an easy way. It would be nice to step out from 128km to 512, or even national maybe...

@troyp - what radar ID are you using? I can try it here. And there is a lcoation changer in the left blade menu right above the refresh button Smile
I'm using IDR023. Melbourne.
Ok that's one of my testing ones, works fine here. You might want to check you logs to see if there are any errors in there...
Im guessing this might be the problem.

special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//legend.png Error: (2)
22:09:46 T:205598720 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//legend.png
22:09:46 T:205598720 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//background.png Error: (2)
22:09:46 T:205598720 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//background.png
22:09:46 T:205598720 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//topography.png Error: (2)
22:09:46 T:205598720 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//topography.png
22:09:46 T:205598720 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//catchments.png Error: (2)
22:09:46 T:205598720 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//catchments.png
22:09:46 T:205598720 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//range.png Error: (2)
22:09:46 T:205598720 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//range.png
22:09:46 T:205598720 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//locations.png Error: (2)
22:09:46 T:205598720 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//locations.png
22:09:46 T:220303360 DEBUG: DoWork - took 338 ms to load special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/333c5ebc.jpg
22:09:46 T:209723392 NOTICE: OzWeather: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR.legend.0.png - error: decoder zip not available
22:09:46 T:209723392 NOTICE: OzWeather: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR023.background.png - error: decoder zip not available
22:09:46 T:209723392 NOTICE: OzWeather: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR023.locations.png - error: decoder zip not available
22:09:47 T:209723392 NOTICE: OzWeather: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR023.range.png - error: decoder zip not available
22:09:47 T:209723392 NOTICE: OzWeather: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR023.topography.png - error: decoder zip not available
22:09:47 T:209723392 NOTICE: OzWeather: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR023.catchments.png - error: decoder zip not available
22:09:47 T:209723392 NOTICE: OzWeather-0.2.1: Retrieving radar image: ftp://anonymous:someone

I keep seeing this too throughout the log file

DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found. It must be case-sensitive
22:10:22
pvr isn't anything to do with this.

These are because the downloads are missing:

22:09:46 T:205598720 INFO: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: special://home/userdata/addon_data/weather.ozweather/radarbackgrounds//catchments.png Error: (2)

...although there should be a radar code in there - inbetween the double slash. Have you got radar codes for all your locations, I would guess no...

But the big problem is this:

22:09:47 T:209723392 NOTICE: OzWeather: Error, couldn't retrieve IDR023.catchments.png - error: decoder zip not available

....I am not sure what that means, and haven't seen it on Windows/Openelec...my guess is that's an ATV2 limitation - perhaps the ATV can't deal with PNGs or something??
I have two postcodes and the same IDR code setup for both.
I'm not sure if this means anything but I am able to view png files in pictures as I just added one to test it
well it's something in here:

Code:
#download the backgrounds only if we don't have them yet
    if not xbmcvfs.exists( radarBackgroundsPath + fileName):      
        try:
          imageFileIndexed = radarBackgroundsPath + "idx." + fileName
          imageFileRGB = radarBackgroundsPath + outFileName
          image.retrieve(ftpStub + fileName, imageFileIndexed )
          im = Image.open( imageFileIndexed )
          rgbimg = im.convert('RGBA')
          rgbimg.save(imageFileRGB, "PNG")
          os.remove(imageFileIndexed)          
        except Exception as inst:
           xbmc.log("OzWeather: Error, couldn't retrieve " + fileName + " - error: " + str(inst))

Could be a lack of the python image library maybe? - maybe post in the apple forum bit and ask for help from someone like davilla, no atv here I am afraid...
Ok will do that vthanks for all your help.
The overlays don't need conversion as they come in RGB format, only the backgrounds (they come with indexed colour but XBMC can't deal with indexed transparency..

I will have a look at putting a hack in that at least gives you the background terrain if not the overlays if the exception gets raised in there like thus..

Off to bed now. At least you can see the rain/clouds Wink
bossanova808 Wrote:Maybe fastdump you could create a version of your zip that we could unzip into our weather fanart 1080p folders and it would pop them into the right subfolders??
I use the Weather Fanart option myself so I have the text file that shows what types go in which folder. I could make up a zip as suggested if anyone is interested - but I do have a couple of reservations...
  1. The only sources I can find of the calendar pix are of relatively small dimensions (850x638) - probably due to copyright, the BOM hasn't provided any higher resolution for online news publishers to use in their galleries. Of course, I could resize them up to 1080p and 720p versions...
  2. There are only 12 pix in total, whereas the Weather Fanart collection that I use (from timdog82001's post) has around 800 pix, so they would tend to get lost in the noise - and for me, defeat the purpose of having a local flavour. I have yet to find online sources of pix from previous BOM calendars to increase the numbers, but I am ever vigilant. If I ever get the time and inclination to search and source a large number of Australian weather scenes it might be worthwhile creating an Oz-only collection..
  3. Some of the BOM pix are also not so easy to categorise as a type of weather and I might just go mad trying to decide which folder to put them in!

And while on the subject, bossanova808, I'm hoping that you can do me a small favour...

I still prefer to have the Weather item on the home screen use a multi-image slide-show (my BOM calendar collection) as defined in the skin settings as separate from the Weather Fanart used while inside the Weather page. If you have the time, can you point me to which file(s) and what updates are required to set it back to using the skin setting on the home screen?... Purely a personal preference - I would be most grateful. Nerd
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5