• 11(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Hi Bossanova..

Here is what I think you are after...? attached as requested.?

Regards

Big Grin Jolly Big Grin
Re-read the very first two lines of this thread:
**** This Add On (for XBMC 11 (pre-)Eden and above only!) **** is based on Ronie's new default weather add on for XBMC.

I've put the important bit in stars. And from your log file:

0 M:651599872 NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows 7, 32-bit Service Pack 1 build 7601.
****** Built on Mar 8 2011 (Git:e9e9099, compiler 1500) 15:28:18 T

See if you can figure out the issue from there Wink
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I am gonna take a stab and say that because I am on on XBMC 10 that this is the reason it does not work for me.!!!

Guess I will have to wait until XBMC Final has been released so I can give it a try out.!

Thanx for all your help with this.

Regards

Jolly
Yep that would be it. Don't be afraid of the latest release candidate, go for it - it's super solid already.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
OK Great will upgrade today.!! Thanks again for your help with this and also with putting up with me as well.!!

Regards

Jolly
Has anyone been able to get the radar images working for the Perth radar (IDR703)? I get the overlays for the rain, but none of the backgrounds (it appears the background images are missing on the BOM FTP server that the addon references).

I tried the Melbourne radar IDR023 and the radar background image(s) show up, so the addon is otherwise working perfectly. Just wondering if anyone else is using this in Perth with the radar working before I start delving through the log in more detail?

Cheers,
Adam.
Maybe try a different range?
I tried the 256km range radar as well (IDR702) but had the same problem - no radar background images, only the rain animations. Here's my log file: http://pastebin.com/Ldy2dTqg

I looked into this the other day and logged on to the BOM FTP server - I noticed the background images for radar IDR703 weren't in the relevant folder like other radar codes (e.g. the Melbourne IDR023 one from your instructions). After hunting around for a while, I found them in another folder on the server (from memory), so I downloaded them and copied them to my addon_data folder. I renamed them correctly today and they show up (although something seems wrong with the transparency - I only get the locations.png image over a white background appearing, not layered on top of background.png, topography.png etc like I'm assuming should happen). Looking at them in a browser though, the transparency is correct.

The postcode I'm using is 6103 - it seems to be a problem with the BOM FTP server though, not the addon. I can set the radar to IDR023 and see Melbourne's radar alongside my correct local forecast, so it's retrieving images fine if they're on the server.

I also tried logging on to the FTP server just now and I can't even log on as anonymous like I could the other day - I'm getting more confused each time I look at it - any suggestions?
Just that you're right, it's not downloading the backgrounds.

If you have manually downloaded them, you'll need to to the manual equivalent of this process:

Code:
#download the backgrounds only if we don't have them yet
    if not xbmcvfs.exists( radarBackgroundsPath + fileName):      
        #the legened image showing the rain scale
        try:
          imageFileIndexed = radarBackgroundsPath + "idx." + fileName
          imageFileRGB = radarBackgroundsPath + outFileName
          image.retrieve(ftpStub + fileName, imageFileIndexed )
          im = Image.open( imageFileIndexed )
          rgbimg = im.convert('RGBA')
          rgbimg.save(imageFileRGB, "PNG")
          os.remove(imageFileIndexed)          
        except Exception as inst:
          log("Error, couldn't retrieve " + fileName + " - error: ", inst)
          #try REALLY hard to get at least the background image
          try:
            #ok so something is wrong with image conversion - probably a PIL issue, so let's just get a minimal BG image
            if "background.png" in fileName:
              if not '00004' in fileName:
                image.retrieve(ftpStub + fileName, imageFileRGB )
              else:
                #national radar loop uses a different BG for some reason...
                image.retrieve(ftpStub + 'IDE00035.background.png', imageFileRGB )                
          except Exception as inst2:
            log("No, really, -> Error, couldn't retrieve " + fileName + " - error: ", inst2)

i.e. convert from indexed to RGB colour - XBMC can't handle the transparency stuff with indexed files.

I am pretty sure the ftp was jsut a glitch, it's working now.

If you can give me the full path of where you did find them, I can probably make it work I guess, bit weird they are in a different spot.

EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: Oz Weather is now officially in the official xbmc add ons repository

These means the bossanova808 repo is a bit broken while I re-arrange, but you won't need it anyway if you just want OzWeather.

I just noticed this in the official repository. Thank you! Big Grin

I spent some time creating a Neon compatible version of the MyWeather.xml file. This doesn't need the Fonts.xml file as I've made it use the Neon fonts.

NOTE: This may break compatibility with other weather addons but I suspect anyone using it won't care. They can always backup the original first of course.

NeonMyWeather.zip

I've done limited testing and the only glitch I can see is with the Now Playing label in the side menu appearing behind the buttons. It's not something I can be bothered spending the time fixing personally. Wink

Thanks again for your work.
Thanks hastarin - I've added your file to googlecode and linked it in the add on wiki.

Much apprecaited - I'd use neon myself it if had better PVR support, and I am hopeful it will one day!
Hye folks - this all seems to be pretty stable now. Is anyone having any issues? I think all the open issues have been fixed....

I do know the standard weather addon will have a lot of changes for Eden+ and I will re-visit this add on once that happens to see if I can add more stuff. Also, if something is missing you want, let me know and I will see what I can do...

G'day all,

I'm having trouble enabling the modified skins, and I've done a bit of a search and I've come up blank. Hopefully somebody can help me.

I've been able to make the modified skins work with the "standard" Confluence skin, but not with the "Vertical" variation, which is my preference.

As the actual "Weather" display is the same in both, I was hoping it would be simple, but when I look in the "addons" folder (I'm using v11.0 EDEN on Windows 7 x64) I can find a sub-folder called "skins.confluence" (which is where I put the files to make the standard skin work), but there does not appear to be any equivalent "skins.confluence.vertical" or similar for me to put the files in as well.

Am I missing the bleedin' obvious here by any chance? Huh

Cheers,

Michael
I think you need to find your user add ons folder in roaming. Sounds like you are looking at the system ones.

That was it! Thanks very much. Still new to XBMC and not sure yet where everything is hidden. Next time I'll do a search the entire drive, not just the Program Files folder...

Cheers,

Michael
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5