• 21(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Interesting.

I haven't done anything special when installing xbmc, simply installed the package from the arch repositories.
Yeah but you're using a bleeding edge package, no?

there's work on dependencies right now that might be the issue, e.g.:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2654

? that's a guess, I don't know much about xbmc building really.

But a number of addons break without PIL and it's a standard xbmc dependency and defintily your issue here - I'd talk to the arch ppa maintainer for xbmc I guess?

You could maybe get it to work, but you'd have to download them and convert them to RGB as it does in the script. And do so once a week when it tries to refresh them Smile

So yeah - I'd ask the package dudes to help!!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Nope, not a bleeding edge package, standard arch package.

I think I solved it, though. Installed python-imaging manually (as it wasn't pulled in as a dependency) and now I don't get the script failed error anymore.

Question: Can I delete a location ? At the moment I have 2 locations set up, both the same (don't ask, happened when I played around) and now I want to delete the second one. Not replace it, delete it. When I enter setup and the location I can enter a blank postcode, but then the location remains the same, it doens't get deleted.

Also, I don't have radar. I enabled it in the settings but nothing happens.
Have now got it working and it is excellent. I live on the Gold Coast and thunder heads can sweep in with heavy rain and hail very quickly. Just one thing though, would it be possible to have the ABC video triggered by a button on the page rather than in in the slide menu?
@dafrizz - have you done the skin changes as per the wiki? It's probably downloading the radar but you'll never see it without doing the skin changes -
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Oz_Weather

Arch package is broken then, clearly. It will probably get cleaned up for Gotham as all the dependencies stuff is now unified I believe, and PIL is in there.

To delete a location - easiest way would be to go you addon_settings folder and edit settings.xml in the OzWeather folder I guess. I might have to look at the code to have a <delete> option in there or something.

@pan2 - this can probably be done, just a question of moving the control in the MyWeather.xml I guess....I like having it hidden (looks cleaner) but if you do move it let me know and I can add your file to the wiki for others
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Will do. By the way, a most strange occurrence. When playing music and on the home page, if I pause the music, the radar image pops up, much reduced in size but totally unexpected. I put the original DialogSeekBar.xml back in and it cured the 'problem'. Not sure what that xml does but it doesn't appear to be necessary for the Weather page to work.
It's DialogSeekBar that does it (obviously!!) - it means if you pause when playing video/music you get a mini weather report/radar.

It shouldn't come up on the home page though - never seen that?? Can you take a screenshot? Can't see why it would.
It appears like that on any of the home pages.
Yeah realised last night two things:
1) you're using a Confluence skin file with some other skin
2) I don't think I ever pause media in menu mode - I always watch/listen to media in full screen - so I don't know if Confluence actually does this or not.

In your case, best to use whatever seek bar comes with your skin and live without the mini prediction
It is confluence with a few cosmetic alterations, nothing major. Others using 'standard confluence' would also have this behaviour. I guess it's up to you whether you want to maintain that feature Smile
Hi bossanove, I've managed to get the ABC Weather News on to the weather page. I created a couple of focus/nofocus buttons for it:

Image Image

and the text to be added to the MyWeather.xml:

<control type="button" id="222
<description>My first button control</description>
<posx>450</posx>
<posy>550</posy>
<width>90</width>
<height>90</height>
<label>ABC Weather News</label>
<font>font8</font>
<textcolor>bisque</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>darkred</shadowcolor>
<texturefocus>ABC2.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>ABC.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Window.Property(Video.1)],noresume)</onclick>
<visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(Video.1))</visible>
<onright>222</onright>
<onleft>3</onleft>
</control>
This is placed at about line 243, just above the extended weather forecast. Only other alteration is to make sure all the <onright>--</onright> commands are set to 222 or what ever other button id you use. All the <onleft>--</onleft> must be set to 3. This means that every time you click the left navigation on your remote you get the slide menu and if you click the right navigation you will end up with the button having focus. You could remove the label if you want and obviously change font colors, size etc. It all worked OK for me. The only thing I wasn't able to do is make the label visible only when the button has focus. I looked through the instructions for conditional but couldn't get that bit to work. Maybe someone can tell me how Smile
Can you just pastebin the whole MyWeather.xml maybe?

Also - re the pasue behaviour - well, for me media is always fullscreen so it's no issue. I think for people who pause media while on the homke screen (why would you??) - for them theyjsut use the original DialogSeekBar and miss out on the mini-cast?

Seems reasonable no? I don't think I can tell, in DialokSeekBar - where it was called from. And adding a whle new skin file (my inital idea for the weather do it wouldn't over-write anything) - is not actually easy at all IIRC.
(and zip up the graphics on to dropbox or something?)
Will do. Busy at the moment tomorrow
OK, The Weather.xml is in Pastebin under the name: Weather.xml. All the artwork mods are in mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?2441k04kjv71902
Just unzip and put all in the media folder. The background image is Coolangatta, you may want to change it Smile
As for why pause in homescreen? Well I have an autoexec.py when I switch on that contains this:
execute targeted script at startup:

import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayMedia(C:\Users\Pan2\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music\playlist.m3u)" )
xbmc.executebuiltin( "PlayerControl(RandomOn)" )

(I'm running Frodo 12.1 so .py's have to be pretty simple)
This starts a rather large m3u (over 80 mp3's and flac's) on start-up. This enables me to just switch it on and it will randomly play music. So yes, I do sometimes pause in the home screen, but agree I am probably in the minority Smile
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5