• 30(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
motty - I can't see xbmclogs.com properly.

Check with:
dpkg -l python-imaging

I get:
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii python-imaging 1.1.7-4 armhf Python Imaging Library

Note: I had to put the skins in the directory:
/opt/xbmc-bcm/xbmc-bin/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p

I'm using Gotham too - v13.1

Cheers
Craig
@motty that log isn't loading...try again.

Basically if you have PIL and have put in all the codes right, it pretty much works.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I figured it out. Peerblock was stopping the connection to the BOM site
Thanks anyway guys
I've been trying to scan the last couple of pages of this thread but can't make head nor tail of it. I'm wondering how I get BOM rain radar views to show in XBMC? I'm currently using OzWeather (in Aeon Nox) and it shows me a static weather image that is pretty useless. Would love to get the animated BOM maps in there. Can this be done? How?
You should be reading the wiki (see first post) - I think there are some aeon skin files there you can use (otherwise they're not too hard to make really).
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
The only files I could see where for Confluence and Neon. Does anyone have Gotham Aeon Nox files? I wouldn't know where to start making my own.
Search this thread for aeon (see box at top of screen, under 'post reply' - there are some aeon versions mentioned. But you can take the confluence ones and make very minor tweaks for font sizes etc and it works fine.
hi all. bossanova808, what you have created looks awesome but with me not being too great on linux, I'm struggling to get this working. could you please tell me where exactly I need to put the skin files and what to change in the addons.xml file? (as well as its location?)
I'm running OpenElec so I cant put the files in the skin directory (as you had mentioned it wont allow this), so I was confused as to exactly where else to save them and how to change the correct settings to make it all work. sorry, I suck at this. i was trying to use WinSCP to navigate the pi remotely but couldnt see a way to copy directories...
Very busy, but...

In my repo (https://github.com/bossanova808/reposito...-0.1.9.zip) - is a version of Confluence with OzWeather pre-integrated. You could download that, and use that as an example (or even just use that skin!). If you ask at the OE forums about how/where to put your skin, they'll help you get going
hi bossanova, thanks for your quick reply. i downloaded your file and tried to install from zip in the addons section of settings but when i look at it to try and enable it, it is apparently 'broken' and i get a message that 'dependencies not met'. i realise you are busy but if you don't mind helping me out a bit, i would greatly appreciate it. cheers
ok, i got it sorted. i updated openelec to the latest version and now it installs fine. one thing i have noticed though is that the OpenElec tab under the settings tab is missing when using this skin.... was that intentional?
Given I don't only use Openelec...yes. You can still get into the settings via the main settings bit.
(2014-03-27, 11:26)bossanova808 Wrote: Well, it's a wiki. Might as well just pop it straight up yourself, if that works for you?

Doesn't seem like you can add files to github any more, where do you propose we should host the skin zip file?

Regards
If you flick it to:

bossanova808
at
gmail
etc

I'll put it in a spot...
(2014-07-23, 08:52)bossanova808 Wrote: If you flick it to:

bossanova808
at
gmail
etc

I'll put it in a spot...

Done!
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5