• 32(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
No problem mate.

Look forward to having this working again - quick question - will I simply need to uninstall and then re-install your app to get this working?

Thank you for all your hard work in keeping this addon up and running.

Cheers
It will update automatically once it's fixed, so just sit back and wait basically!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I've just submitted a fixed version to the addons folks so hopefully it will auto-update for everyone in the next day or two.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Cheers mate

Really looking forward to having this working again and once again thanks for this Addon (Yahoo is very innacurate for us Auswegians!!) Big Grin

Couple of quick question if you would be so kind sir:

I am interested in and have not yet had working (I'm reasonably new to XBMC) the following which I saw when reading your initial post in this thread:

I am not worried about this:

I have downloaded the Gotham - Skin files for extended features (and should also mention at this point that I have installed XMBC Hub on Gotham 13.2)

This brings me to my first question:

Does XBMC Hub have any ill effect with all of this? .

My second question is, do I simply need to overwrite MyWeather.xml at:

C: -> Users -> Username -> AppData -> Roaming -> XBMC -> addons -> skin.confluence7 -> 720p

If I am understanding correctly and I do this and DO NOT add DialogSeekBar.xml to the 720p directory I will get what I'm after if I also then apply the "Use extended features (long forecasts, radar loops) radio button in XBMC's Weather settings?

The full map of Aus is cool by me (I know there are codes to show say NSW for example) as long as I can set a local location for the temperature forecasts etc.

1 more thing (and I'm about to go back over your initial post and link out to the Addon home page to check for a link - I'll edit this if need be) but is there a full list of radar loop codes for Weather Zone and if so where can these be found - maybe with all the updating of their website this has changed also?

Appreciate your help @bossanova808
I don't know what Media Hub is, sorry - but I can't see why it would affect the weather side of things.

Yes that's all you need to do really - overwriting just MyWeather.xml will give you the radar on the weather page (with extended features on and radar codes in place) - and leave DialogSeekbar out of it if you want, sure, they're totally independent.

Radar code and weather location are also entirely separate - IDR00004 is the national map, so use that, and enter your postcode and choose your suburb for the weather location.

The radar codes (as per the wiki) - come from the BOM website, NOT weatherzone. Just find whatever radar you want via a manual browse to BOM and then look at the URL to get the IDRXXXXX bit.

They don't change so just record them somewhere if you never need to re-install etc.
Thank you very much for such a quick response.

So the idea is to find a radar loop of say the whole of NSW, or Newcastle, or the Mid North Coast as examples and enter the IDR contained within the URL of that page for that particular loop to replace the national IDR00004 code - simple as that - nice!

Will check out BOM website now.

Much appreciated.

Hmmmm - at the BOM website now with the National loop and this is the URL:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/national_...loop.shtml

No IDR?
Ahhh - I see - specified locations eg: 128km Newcastle works:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR043.loop.shtml

So in this scenario I would simply replace IDR00004 with IDR043 then.

Gotcha
Just received the 0.7.4 update thanks...

however, while radar and forecast info text appears OK there are no observations. That is current temp = 0 ands no forecast temps.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham ATV2. I can see nothing of interest in the log
Full debug log and settings please
oops ... went back to get the log etc and all appears good.

Sorry for the distraction
No dramas, sometimes the weatherzone pages have dodgy data that trips the scraping up but it usually doesn't last long.

The new pages aren't much different from the old so it isn't too hard to adapt, turns out. So with any luck it will remain working for several more years as it has since about 2011...it's been very stable actually, considering it's all scraped data...
still no forecast temps here. radar and current is fine though. Hold on, wtf! it's come good Smile
OK well let me know if it happens again... With debug log and settings so I can try duplicate. Working 100% here...
Hey @boss

Just reading @Terryjs's and pan2's posts - am having issues with this myself now.

Yesterday was perfect - I had it all set up with the radar and all thx to your previous help but today no 7 day forecast info.

Error: Couldn't retrieve forecast weather data from WeatherZone - this is usually just a temporary problem with their server and with any luck they'll fix it soon!

So do I wait or would a log file assist?
Same issue here for me now.

Will look into it
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5