• 3(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
Ok the zip file has a new MyWeather.xml that scrolls the longer forecasts.

Easiest way to work out how to mod the MyWeather.xml for other skins is to diff the Confluence original MyWeather.xml with the one in my zip and do the same changes for your skins MyWeather.xml

If you change any, let me know and I will add them to the zip for others to use...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
im running Eden beta v11 on my ATV2 and just installed and configured this great add on. i restarted XBMC however when I go to the weather section it still shows weather underground. How do I remove weatherundeground so this new OZ weather add on will work as the default? I read this entire thread but didnt see anything mentioned about this?

Thanks
Hmm, it should be just choosing the weather add on as OzWeather in the weather settings. Nothing special about it - have you explicitly chosen it as your weather add on in the weather bit of XBMC settings?

I don't have an ATV2 so can't test that specifically but can't see a reason why it wouldn't work the same...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
bossanova808 Wrote:Hmm, it should be just choosing the weather add on as OzWeather in the weather settings. Nothing special about it - have you explicitly chosen it as your weather add on in the weather bit of XBMC settings?

I don't have an ATV2 so can't test that specifically but can't see a reason why it wouldn't work the same...

No mate didnt do that. thats probably what my problem is, Will try it tonight and see how I go.

Thanks for the bloody quick response. Speaking of weather hows this crappy winter weather were geting todayHuh
Yeah the clouds looked evil over Melbourne CBD this morning. Can't believe it's January and they're talking about snow up in the hills.... bizarre!

But I kinda roast in the sun so honestly I don't mind so much Wink
bossanova808 Wrote:Yeah the clouds looked evil over Melbourne CBD this morning. Can't believe it's January and they're talking about snow up in the hills.... bizarre!

But I kinda roast in the sun so honestly I don't mind so much Wink

Its snowing on Mt Hotham now apparently. And going to be 33 by next Tuesday..Rolleyes
I've jut moved the repo to GoogleCode....you should find both the repo and OzWeather add on update automatically within a few hours...any trouble, just re-download the latest repo zip from the front page and install from that zip and it should be fine from there, but I am pretty confident it will work automatically without that...
There's also a copy of my tweaked Confluence in the new repo - it has only the changes needed for long forecasts in OzWeather and a minor tweak to show time remaining when playing files...
Thanks for the great weather addon. Use this weather source more than any other available through the media. Keep up the great work.
No problems...it's for me mainly Wink

I am working on radar and this arvo got my first test loops going Smile
Thanks for the fix mate, weather fan art displays properly now as do long forecasts. Also time remaining works fine too. I had dramas trying to get the skin to download, but ended up just removing the old one completely and re-installing from the zip file and it all works good. Thanks heaps for the great work you have done on this add on and skin.
Im trying to install this addon onto xbmc built from source today but Ive installed your repo and the plugin is listed as broken and in the addon information its showing "Dependencies not met" at the bottom of the screen...

Any ideas?
@teeedubb My guess is you don't have parsedom 0.9 installed - this typically comes with the YouTube add on included with the standard xbmc distributions, but if you're building from source I am not sure...I'd try installing that.

@Troyp42 not sure why you had skin issues, it's worked fine on 2 windows and 2 openelec installs for me so far? Oh well, you're trucking now.

If in doubt, always force-refresh the repo and 'check for updates' too, that seems to trigger a pull of most things...
bossanova808 Wrote:@teeedubb My guess is you don't have parsedom 0.9 installed - this typically comes with the YouTube add on included with the standard xbmc distributions, but if you're building from source I am not sure...I'd try installing that.

Ok I got it installed, great work work with the addon!! My user data dir was being all wierd.. I deleted it and restored from a backup and it installed with out issue.. I lost some settings by my video database is still intact.

Thanks again!
Ok so I have made big progress....

Here's a little preview:

The main feature is obviously the animated BOM radar....and 7 day forecasts. I should have used a pic with some rain on it, it looks much cooler when there's a storm happening!!

To get here, I have had to submit an actual patch/pull request for master XBMC - so had to learn a lot along the way! I have no idea whether the change will get pulled into Eden - it's the tiniest change, so I am hopeful, but it's hardly a priority for the devs, I'd guess.

(The patch makes the missing three icons in the 7 day forecast appear).

There are some bugs I have to work out -
- at the moment skin needs to be reloaded after a 'refresh' of the weather data to get the radar to update...not sure if this something I am allowed to do and what side effects it might have...
- I want to get the range overlay on the radar (and/or let you choose your won overlays) - but the transparency side of things seems to get upset after >3 or so images are overlaid...
- I'd like to get the current UV, not just the predicted UV
- this only behaves at 1920 * 1080, on my laptop where the screen is scaled the clouds move over the wrong spots...scaling artefacts I guess.

...that said, this is pretty much how it will be for the next release once I get over the last major bugs. From here, I may just leave it - or I may get tempted to add satellite etc etc. But my goal was a 1 page sumamry of everything I normally want to know/see about my local weather.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5