• 6(current)
Release OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support
And while on the subject, bossanova808, I'm hoping that you can do me a small favour...

I still prefer to have the Weather item on the home screen use a multi-image slide-show (my BOM calendar collection) as defined in the skin settings as separate from the Weather Fanart used while inside the Weather page. If you have the time, can you point me to which file(s) and what updates are required to set it back to using the skin setting on the home screen?... Purely a personal preference - I would be most grateful. Nerd[/quote]

No probs - in Home.xml:

Code:
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(WeatherFanartDir)]$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Day0.FanartCode)]</thumb>  
                        <!--<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Weather_Folder)]</thumb>-->

the commented out one is the original, the other one the use fanart change.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
D'oh! Sorry to be a pain...

I've just noticed something screwy with the display of the main XBMC > Settings page, which I assume is due to your Confluence skin changes.

There is a blank item (the one highlighted in the screen shot) between the Video and Music items. Nothing is missing, it's just that the other items are pushed down the screen. This doesn't appear on my main XBMC installation which I haven't updated with your skin changes...

𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
ⒽⓉⓅⒸ Intel NUC 5i5RYK | Win10 | Kodi 18.nightly | GΠ―iD 2.3.5
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
Yeah that's where LiveTV goes - I run the PVR version of XBMC (technically openelec PVR and margo-pvr) - and that is a byproduct I guess. Not sure I can do anything about it, if it doesn't cause any functional issues I don't think I will spend time on it.

I have jsut about finished a fix for the ATV2 that will at least load the background, and have cleaned up as much as I can of the update property code so that when you refresh/change location it looks neater (there would seem to be a few xbmc-code things I can't change though).
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
fastdump Wrote:I still prefer to have the Weather item on the home screen use a multi-image slide-show (my BOM calendar collection) as defined in the skin settings as separate from the Weather Fanart used while inside the Weather page. If you have the time, can you point me to which file(s) and what updates are required to set it back to using the skin setting on the home screen?... Purely a personal preference - I would be most grateful. Nerd
bossanova808 Wrote:No probs - in Home.xml:

Code:
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(WeatherFanartDir)]$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Day0.FanartCode)]</thumb>  
                        <!--<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Weather_Folder)]</thumb>-->

the commented out one is the original, the other one the use fanart change.
Perfect, thanks! Big Grin
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
β“ƒβ’Άβ“ˆ Synology DiskStation | DSM 6.2 | AverMedia A835 USB Dual DVB-T Tuner | TvHeadend 4.x
You would be better of jsut copying the skin changes from the add on dir to the standard Confluence dir in general anyway I'd say.
bossanova808 Wrote:Yeah that's where LiveTV goes - I run the PVR version of XBMC (technically openelec PVR and margo-pvr) - and that is a byproduct I guess. Not sure I can do anything about it, if it doesn't cause any functional issues I don't think I will spend time on it.
Ah, ok. No functional issues, so no biggy.

Is there a reason you've gone down the path of providing a separate version of Confluence rather than just the files that need replacing like you first did? Ease of installation?... Too many files to change?... Something more complex that I don't quite get?...

PS: I've managed to comment out that blank option now too.
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
No it's really for ease of use for me - as I say in the first post, the best strategy is just to copy the files from the add on dir to your Confluence/720p dir (Font.xml and MyWeather.xml - I've just removed Home.XML from here as that's not actually needed for the weather, just for home page fan art). But for me it's easier just to push my customised skin to my repo as it then auto updates my other machines (4 in all, plus several relative/friends install that follow my lead!).

v0.2.3 with a fix for troyp42 is being pushed right now. I am super tired now, bed for me...
Ah, I think I'm finally on the same page...

The only files that need to be taken from your 720p folder and placed in the main Confluence 720p folder are still just the Font.xml and MyWeather.xml files - yes?

If so (and I've just confirmed this anyway), then I think when you re-wrote your main post after the radar update, you've removed reference to those specific files so it's not clear that only those files need to be updated. It now reads like you're advising to copy the entire 720p folder from your skin to the main Confluence skin.

All good now!

PS: Sweet dreams...
𝕗𝕒𝕀π•₯π••π•¦π•žπ•‘
Hmmm, yeah, good point.

I have re-edited the front page and I don't refer to my skin at all now. Also, I have pusehed an updated version of the skin with a big note in the addon.xml warning people it's best not to use the skin.

SO EVERYONE LISTEN UP! PLEASE REFER TO THE FIRST POST AND INSTALL ONLY THE CHANGED FONT.XML AND MYWEATHER.XML FILES TO YOUR CONFLUENCE FOLDER RATHER THAN USING MY SKIN! I will almost certainly add stuff to the skin that will not work on your systems, so long term it's better to mod the default skin than use mine.
Hi,

Does this add on work for the Dharma version. Yesterday I download the 10.1 version and there is no weather display

Regards
Ateek
Does this add on work even for Dharma version. Yesterday I installed 10.1 version and the weather is blank
No I am afraid it needs the new Eden only weather system.

Eden is pretty solid and worth moving to...
Thanks for the update.

But Eden is still in Beta
yeah sure but anybody who is anybody is already using it Wink
Ok have just pushed an update that makes OzWeather more robust when WeatherZone goes down (it's not getting current forecast data at this very moment for example) - the add on won't crash now, it will just exit with en error in the extended forecast field explaining the issue. Also, I'm now doing image retrieval before data, & clearing the properties before update, it looks better...

And there is a Confluence DialogSeekBar.xml for anyone who want a forecast summary + radar on their pause screen when playing video....
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OzWeather - Australian Weather Addon using BOM data inc. animated radar support5