Solved Cannot add some NFS directories to Library
Question 
I have an NAS that contains the following directories: Parents Movies, Parents TV Shows, Kids Movies, Kids TV Shows. I have the most recent Mythbuntu and XBMC (fresh install a few days ago).

The nas directories are mounted at /home/mythtv/movie-library/.

I have added each directory as a source in xbmc and updated and rescanned the library, but no matter what I do, the only items that show up are Parents Movies and Kids TV shows. When adding the sources I selected movies or tvshows (as appropriate) for the various directories.

In the XBMC main menu, under Videos, all directories are listed. However I can't get Parents TV Shows or Kids Movies into the library. The only explanation I can think of at this point is that XBMC only accepts 1 movie directory and 1 directory for TV Shows. Huh

Please, what am I missing?
Thumbs Up 
I have found the solution. The directories failed to load for 2 reasons: first, it seems that xbmc does indeed only load one movie directory and one tv show directory. Of course each of these directories can hold multiple further directories.

So the first step required me to create a directory: xbmc-movies and put a symlink for all movie files into that directory.

The reason that the Kids TV Shows loaded but the Parents TV shows did not load was because of a default setting in xbmc. The Kids TV Shows directory contained directories of individual shows. The Parents TV Shows directory was divided into A-E, F-G etc.

XBMC has a default that each source for TV Shows contains directories with one TV show. My classification A-E etc didn't work because of this default.

Step 2 was to create a directory xbmc-tvshows, add symlinks to the tv shows, and then turn off the default setting.

I was then able to update the library and have all items scanned. Big Grin
Glad you sorted it out!

The notion that XBMC only loads one tv shows (or movie) directory is wrong however.
It is possible to add several folders to a defined source, it is also possible to add several sources of the same type.

As an example : in this case you could have created a source called 'tvshows' and added the folders "Parents TV Shows/A-E" , "Parents TV Shows/F-G" as well as "Kids TV Shows" to that.
You could also create two sources that are scraped with the same scraper, and add "Parents TV Shows/A-E" and " Parents TV Shows/F-G" to one, and "Kids TV Shows" to the other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot add some NFS directories to Library0