• 122(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
What's so big about XBMC 12 that EMM needs to be rewritten?
Am I doing something wrong here. XBMC (at least the skin I use which is AEON MQ4 on XBMC 11 Eden) doesn't recognize DTSMA as the codec for DTSHDMA. Since this is an application for XBMC, is there any way that can be added to the drop down list? Along with PCM, which is also recognized by XBMC properly but not support in the drop down of EMM. I've posted about this several times in several EMM threads and I've never received an answer about this problem or even somebody simply telling me that it can't be done.

As it works now, I have to select DTSMA from the drop down so that it at least looks pretty in EMM and doesn't put a big question mark in the codec spot, then I have to go in and manually modify the NFO to DTSHDMA so that XBMC will display the proper codec flag. Basically same with PCM. It's not a very elegant solution and of course it only works until I reload the movie in EMM at which time the big question mark is displayed again. It simply can't be that hard to fix.
Hi, I'm a new user and I just don't get the Ember to scrape a movie. I think it's a silly/simple mistake I'm doing but I can't find it.

If I right click on a movie ("Avatar") and select "(Re)Scrape movie" I get "No Matches Found".

If I click on "Edit Movie" and select "Poster" folder and klick on Change Poster (Scrape) I'll get one poster, a space dude called "MEMORIES" Huh . And this is what I get for all movies.

I think I don't have connection to the real IMDB. I can use "Change Poster (Download)" past a link and so on. I don't think the internet connection is the problem.

Movies/Scraper - Data
I have enabled IMDB Mirror (akas.IMDB.com)
I have enabled the XML Movie Scrapers imdb_olympia_v1.5

Movies/Scraper - Images & trailers
I have enabled Native Movie Scrapers

Please help. I had this program to work for a week ago and I reall like it. Works very well with the XBMC.

And yes, I have searched this thread but can't find the solution. Is there a "Ember for dummies" ?
Tom, describe your folder structure and how you're naming your movies.
If I type tt0499549 (Avatar) in the "Manual IMDB Entry:" it works... But this is quite time consuming...
Movies\Avatar\VIDEO_TS\.... and the copy of the DVD with .IFO .VOB files etc.
This is the same as a week ago when it worked.

Manual IMDB Entry didn't work. I got the preview of the film bat that was all. Sad
(2012-12-09, 09:05)Tom_H Wrote: If I type tt0499549 (Avatar) in the "Manual IMDB Entry:" it works... But this is quite time consuming...
Movies\Avatar\VIDEO_TS\.... and the copy of the DVD with .IFO .VOB files etc.
This is the same as a week ago when it worked.

Manual IMDB Entry didn't work. I got the preview of the film bat that was all. Sad

Are you using this version, 1.3.0.7, or the older version which I believe was 1.3.0.3? Because I think the older version stopped scraping a few days ago. I couldn't get the older version to scrape the last two movies I tried (Signs and Despicable Me) without entering the imdb number manually. I just switched to this newer version, applied the fix on page 175 and both movies scraped fine.
And I have checked the "Recognize VIDEO_TS Folders" in Settings\Files and Sources\Miscellaneous Options"
Hm... in Help\Version it says
"Ember Application 1.3.0.7"
"Ember Native Movie Scrapers = 1.3.0.5"
Aha, I don't have the fix from page 175!
Thanks! I will try that now.
So, to get the fix I have to register on a share file sight? Why make life so complicated?
I don't like my mail to be sold on the internet. Sad
Ha! I created a dummy mail, created a account and down loaded and installed the fix that is a complete new program, right?
But with same result.
Then I remembered that in the past I had some problems with the Zone Alarm. So, I exit the Zone Alarm and now it works...
Everything is so easy, when you know wast to do...
I think you're being a little paranoid. Don't you have a spam folder? If you get spam, you hit deleted spam and it's gone in two clicks. Come on man, get into this century. Glad you got it working though.
Well, now I can rescrape a movie. I select Exact Matches "Avatar (2009)". Ember download the data, I can see the fanart/disk cover and a plot outline. I then click OK, the EMM says "Scraping: ----- and then stops. Nothing get stored... Sad

If I select 2 movies choose "Rescrape selected movies \ Automatic force best match \ All Items" then it works, if I'm lucky.
"Road to perdition" was changed to "Road to Portage, The" and the it is impossible to change the movie.

I soon give up. This was working well a week ago but now...
only use the Ember Native Scraper for now, works fine here.
IMDB scraper is broken due to some API changes on their side
(2012-12-09, 09:43)Tom_H Wrote: So, to get the fix I have to register on a share file sight? Why make life so complicated?
I don't like my mail to be sold on the internet. Sad

BlackKnight downloaded then upload on GITHUB Never mind seems DarkKight removed it.
could you guys please have a look on the IMDB scrapper please? Looks like it is broken due to changes on IMDB website. Thanks!
Yeaa!!! I removed the "Ember XML Movie Scrapers" and now it works!!! Many thanks Yohan! I'll buy you a beer, next time! Smile
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26