• 134(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-12-30, 18:54)>>X<< Wrote: You have to use the native scraper the XML scrapers don't work anymore, and for best results use the option "Ask" when scraping.

Ah, that's inconvenient. I liked Olympia's scraper because I can ask to get HD fanarts/posters

but it seems that the native scrapper does a very good job: I tested 20 movies and all got high res images with English language.

Thanks a lot.
Hi,

How do I enable scraping form IMPAwards.com and TheMovieDB.com ?

I used to have this enabled on an earlier verison, but I cat find it now on the Ember_1.3.0.7_fix2

Thanks
(2012-12-25, 23:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2012-12-25, 21:25)clubwerks Wrote: Are you planning on updating EMM to be more Frodo compliant in the artwork naming? They're talking about eventually switching all the artwork to a standardized format and phasing out the old naming scheme. For example, seasonXX.tbn will no longer work for season thumbs, instead it will be seasonxx-poster.jpg. Thanks!

I try to make it frodo-style until the final Frodo release.

Here's a summary of what works for me with TV shows in Frodo using Confluence skin. This does not cover individual episode artwork but that works just fine as it is.

general:
arttype = poster | banner | fanart
XX = season number, zero padded if below 10.

TV Show artwork name format: <arttype>.{jpg,png}
Examples:
- poster.jpg
- banner.jpg
- fanart.jpg

Season artwork name format: seasonXX-<arttype>.{jpg,png}
Examples:
- season01-poster.jpg
- season42-banner.jpg
- season142-fanart.jpg

All seasons artwork name format: season-all-<arttype>.{jpg,png}
Examples:
- season-all-poster.jpg
- season-all-banner.jpg
- season-all-fanart.jpg

Special episodes artwork name format: season-specials-<arttype>.{jpg,png}
Examples:
- season-specials-poster.jpg
- season-specials-banner.jpg
- season-specials-fanart.jpg

Real example: I use one folder for each TV show named <Show> (<year>) and each season is in a subfolder named Season XX (Season X also works, but I prefer Season XX since it's closer to seasonXX-<arttype>).

Step 1. Arrange initial files and folders

Dexter (2006)/
Dexter (2006)/Season 01/
Dexter (2006)/Season 02/
Dexter (2006)/Season 03/

Step 2. Run EMM results in

Dexter (2006)/
Dexter (2006)/Season 01/
Dexter (2006)/Season 01/Season 01.jpg
Dexter (2006)/Season 02/
Dexter (2006)/Season 02/Season 02.jpg
Dexter (2006)/Season 03/
Dexter (2006)/Season 03/Season 03.jpg
Dexter (2006)/fanart.jpg
Dexter (2006)/folder.jpg
Dexter (2006)/poster.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season-all.jpg
Dexter (2006)/tvshow.nfo

Step 3. Rearrange for Frodo

a)
- Move Season XX/Season XX.jpg => seasonXX-poster.jpg
- Move Season XX/Season XX-fanart.jpg => seasonXX-fanart.jpg
- Move season-all.jpg => season-all-poster.jpg

b)
- Fetch* season-all-fanart.jpg from <EmberShowDir>/fanart/fanart/original
- Fetch* banner.jpg from <EmberShowDir>/seriesposters/graphical
- Fetch* season-all-banner.jpg from <EmberShowDir>/seriesposters/seasonswide
- Fetch* seasonXX-banner.jpg from <EmberShowDir>/seasonposters/seasonswide

* Fetch is usually a manual scan, copy and rename. <EmberShowDir> is <EmberDir>/Temp/Shows/<ShowID>/...

and the result is

Dexter (2006)/
Dexter (2006)/Season 01/
Dexter (2006)/Season 02/
Dexter (2006)/Season 03/
Dexter (2006)/banner.jpg
Dexter (2006)/fanart.jpg
Dexter (2006)/poster.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season-all-banner.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season-all-fanart.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season-all-poster.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season01-banner.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season01-fanart.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season01-poster.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season02-banner.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season02-fanart.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season02-poster.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season03-banner.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season03-fanart.jpg
Dexter (2006)/season03-poster.jpg

Optional:
Step 4. Add clearart.png and logo.png for Transparency! skin
Step 5. Add theme.mp3 for tvtunes

It would be extremely nice to have step 3 covered in EMM but I guess b) requires a lot more than a). If I can find the time, I may have a crack at this myself, but it's been years since I touched anything VB.

For movies, the artwork works without manual steps. Another thing I do is change data in movie and episode nfo files a bit, but I have to do more testing to see what is really needed/wanted. My current approach is quite crude. I swap a whole section with data generated from ThumbGen.
hello everybody:

i asked before if it's possible another scrapped than the native ember one...for example the spanish scrapper filmaffinity.
another question it's: will Ember scrape for fanart.tv like (logo, clearart, disc ... etc?...)
and why xbmc frodo RC2 doesn't show the logo, clearart image...i know there are new name scheme like logo.png are now called <movie>.clearlogo.png...but how about the clearart and disc images?

sorry my english
(2012-12-31, 06:33)arendal Wrote: Hi,

How do I enable scraping form IMPAwards.com and TheMovieDB.com ?

I used to have this enabled on an earlier verison, but I cat find it now on the Ember_1.3.0.7_fix2

Thanks

Are you asking for scraping the data?
I see that images can be fetched from IMPAwards.com and TheMovieDB.com, you can choose them in the scrapper settings.
(2012-12-31, 03:01)hatbrox Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 18:54)&gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; Wrote: You have to use the native scraper the XML scrapers don't work anymore, and for best results use the option "Ask" when scraping.

Ah, that's inconvenient. I liked Olympia's scraper because I can ask to get HD fanarts/posters

but it seems that the native scrapper does a very good job: I tested 20 movies and all got high res images with English language.

Thanks a lot.

Olympia scrapers get artwork from the same place as the native scraper namely TMDB, the option for which size it gets during an auto scrape are available in Settings > Movies > Scrapers and Trailers, if you want the option to select the highest resolution when you want to change artwork, manual scrape or rescrape then you need to turn off "use image caching"
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Hi all... 2 of my many many problems lol see if anyone can help me.

EMM is not showing the dates in the program itself. I have the option selected, and when i clear database it shows the dates as it is resettings all movies, but then they dissapier.

Also, EMM is not showing all the files/folder in the folder it is scraping for... Anyone know how to fix this?

Showing 247 movies in EMM and there are 253 folders in the directory.

Is there a way to Automate the Scraping process by Ember?

eg. I have setup Ember initially and scraped all the movies I had in my Movies folder however now if I download a movie and drop it into my Movie folder, I still have to right click on the movie and click re-scrape movie. Is there a way that it can be automated? ie. if I drop it in, then Ember will automatically detect it and do the necessary work and grab all the fanart without me touching it?
(2013-01-01, 00:59)5aq1b Wrote: Is there a way to Automate the Scraping process by Ember?

eg. I have setup Ember initially and scraped all the movies I had in my Movies folder however now if I download a movie and drop it into my Movie folder, I still have to right click on the movie and click re-scrape movie. Is there a way that it can be automated? ie. if I drop it in, then Ember will automatically detect it and do the necessary work and grab all the fanart without me touching it?

I use Eventghost to monitor my movie folder for additions. If it sees a new movie it'll wait a bit (for the movie to be completely copied) then fire up Ember in command line mode to do scraping and finally automatically update XBMC so it pulls the new movie. However, with the recent changes to IMDB, Ember has been struggling to match the correct movie so I've been forced to manually go in myself and fix things. Hopefully things return to normal soon because it's great just having things automated.

Additionally I have a 2nd Eventghost task that looks for when movies are removed so they are removed from the Ember database automatically.

If you want I could send you the XML settings file from Eventghost. If I recall that should import the very same steps I use which you'd just need to tweak to your file locations and whatever else you'd like to do.
(2013-01-01, 01:09)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 00:59)5aq1b Wrote: Is there a way to Automate the Scraping process by Ember?

I use Eventghost to monitor my movie folder for additions. If it sees a new movie it'll wait a bit (for the movie to be completely copied) then fire up Ember in command line mode to do scraping and finally automatically update XBMC so it pulls the new movie. However, with the recent changes to IMDB, Ember has been struggling to match the correct movie so I've been forced to manually go in myself and fix things. Hopefully things return to normal soon because it's great just having things automated.

Thanks - I pm'd you Smile

(2013-01-01, 01:09)ynksbsbll2 Wrote:

Additionally I have a 2nd Eventghost task that looks for when movies are removed so they are removed from the Ember database automatically.

If you want I could send you the XML settings file from Eventghost. If I recall that should import the very same steps I use which you'd just need to tweak to your file locations and whatever else you'd like to do.

Can you post this on the EventGhost forum?

thx!

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2013-01-01, 04:05)Livin Wrote: Can you post this on the EventGhost forum?

thx!

Sure. Could you send me a link to the EventGhost forum? Alternatively I could just give you the XML settings file and you can do whatever you want with it.

i was doing some testing on my own with XBMC,
did a clean install with FRODO.
and i noticed XBMC was like missing most of mine artwork scraped with MCM.
also it was ignoring some info in the .nfo files created with MCM

so i did another test,
i removed all .nfo/.jpg/.png/.xml in my kids collection.
then i told XBMC (backup of EDEN where i manually did a refresh of all metadata and and choosing the artwork i wanted)
then i did a export of the video library and choose the seperate option,
where it saves the .nfo and the artwork to the movie folders.

then when importing into FRODO the result was all metadata was there and all my own selected artwork also.

i noticed ember doesn't use .nfo files already stored in the movie folders,
exspecialy with blu-ray folder structure

if using blu-ray folder structure scraped and exported with XBMC
(BOLD TXT ADDED)
Rango (2011)\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\
Rango (2011)\fanart.jpg
Rango (2011)\poster.jpg

Rango (2011)\BDMV\.actors\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\AUXDATA\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\BACKUP\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\BDJO\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\CLIPINF\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\JAR\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\META\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\PLAYLIST\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\STREAM\
Rango (2011)\BDMV\index.bdmv
Rango (2011)\BDMV\index.nfo
Rango (2011)\BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv

and Ember is putting a new .nfo file called index.nfo in the STREAM folder.

LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2013-01-01, 00:17)juan71287 Wrote: Hi all... 2 of my many many problems lol see if anyone can help me.

EMM is not showing the dates in the program itself. I have the option selected, and when i clear database it shows the dates as it is resettings all movies, but then they dissapier.

You mean the year in the title column?

That option has to be enable when you actually scrape the movie info, if you rescrape one of your movies then it will appear.

Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
(2013-01-01, 13:11)TRaSH Wrote: i was doing some testing on my own with XBMC,
did a clean install with FRODO.
and i noticed XBMC was like missing most of mine artwork scraped with MCM.
also it was ignoring some info in the .nfo files created with MCM

Ive been having this problem with a clean install of FRODO Beta and RC's aswell, All my Media is and has been Scrapped and working with Previous version of XMBC regardless of Skin.

I would Drop a Thread over in the Help and Support Area as i dont think THIS is particularly EMMr problem
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26